• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has gone gold.

GlamFM

Banned
OK - I´ve seen what you mean and I tell you it is fake.

Aside from all the typical fake shaky cam stuff it uses the fan made GTA V art in motion assets.

Game has not leaked.

moai

Ive seen the video from the reviewer's brother, i think it's real, it has the gta v logo on 1 corner with the spinning subtitle which i think it denotes loading.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OK - I´ve seen what you mean and I tell you it is fake.

Aside from all the typical fake shaky cam stuff it uses the fan made GTA V art in motion assets.

Game has not leaked.

Ok but how can you fake the beginning where he opens the achievments list?

SJRB

Gold Member
Let me guess, the footage cuts off right before the game actually begins?

So people have the game and upload a clip of the fucking loading menu instead of, you know, the actual game?

Don't be too gullible, my friends. It's fake.

Prologue

Even though there is legit footage out there, I always find it odd when people post fake information and videos. Some even go as far as putting a paper with their name next to the TV. I guess its all for attention.

bud23

It's probably all fake.

When you see gameplay, or even an opening cutscene, then you can panic and leave the internet.

Right.

tw1PJga.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
Let me guess, the footage cuts off right before the game actually begins?

So people have the game and upload a clip of the fucking loading menu instead of, you know, the actual game?

Don't be too gullible, my friends. It's fake.

Exactly.

Okay I posted this in the Sony apologizes... thread, but this seems to be more active so I'll post it here too I guess. (I think we may need a pre release thread to keep all GTA V discussion in one place)

So... footage of one of the TV shows has been reuploaded to YouTube.
It's around 5 minutes long and is a parody of
Cops
as far as I can tell.
Would I get banned for posting it?

It's 3 weeks left. Mom and Pop shops will break the street date. It will leak very soon.

With such a release like this, wouldn't smaller stores typically get their copies very close to release?

Presumably if we can assume that the smaller stores are more likely to leak, then so can the publishers.

Dmented

Banned
not sure why people think the game hasn't been leaked. i already found the opening video on youtube just by using the filter search.

A playable copy of the game has not been leaked. The only thing leaked is from the PSN preload. No one can play the actual game.

KaiserBecks

Well, the video I just saw on youtube looks quite real. If that's a fake, it's a damn good one. Also uses the real R* splash screen and has a great theme.

Abdozer

I'm seriously considering getting a PS3 for this. I haven't had a PS3 since God Of War 3 came out so I'll have some backlog to go through until this comes out.

Only thing is that I'm not sure if it's wise to get one since the PS4 is right around the corner.

Dmented

Banned
Well, the video I just saw on youtube looks quite real. If that's a fake, it's a damn good one. Also uses the real R* splash screen and has a great theme.

If it's gameplay, it's fake. If it's an intro/loading screen and stuff like that, it's probably real.

KaiserBecks

If it's gameplay, it's fake. If it's an intro/loading screen and stuff like that, it's probably real.

It's not gameplay, it's the initial loading screen. Video cuts off when the loading is finished. Looks and sounds convincing. I guess so far nobody has the balls to actually record some gameplay though. If the 360 version really has been leaked.

I just thought I post this info in-case someone was more curious about the leak.

I downloaded the pre-load PS3 files just to have an amateur look-see.

It's just a 18 GB file under the following file name:

Code:
almReQvlmyVDgpogYgJeXQBzQwwJNepDVBeVKawEKJplgcgjZjHspOfrFJkrqIoWYhiFkLhhrwgjkifgiDYdVpPhzjObpaxmnUeUT.pkg

Tried to decrypt it with a run of the mill PKG utility I found through Google, it only got as far as 2.4 GB out of the total 18 GB. Which revealed the Game Icon and PS3 Wallpaper.

As well as a partially complete collection of files:
gy66Ejy.png

However nothing interesting on the face of it.

The reason they haven't found more from the files is the PKG file is encrypted with a 256 AES key. So Rockstar/SCEE obviously did something right.

Fun fact:
"Then the earth's population can crack one encryption key in 77,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years"

:D

GlamFM

Banned
It's not gameplay, it's the initial loading screen. Video cuts off when the loading is finished. Looks and sounds convincing. I guess so far nobody has the balls to actually record some gameplay though. If the 360 version really has been leaked.

Video cuts of when the game would actually start? What a coincidence!

Let me guess - cam is shaky for no reason?

KaiserBecks

Video cuts of when the game would actually start? What a coincidence!

Let me guess - cam is shaky for no reason?

All I'm saying is that it looks convincing. If it's a fake, someone put a lot of effort into it.

Even if that Xbox version is real, how did he manage to get 1000 achievement points if they require multiplayer?

Unless we aren't talking about the same video: The guy has 0 out of 49 achievements.

bud23

The game hasn´t leaked, I still have no idea what you guys keep talking about. All this alleged gameplay is fake, at least it seems pretty obvious to me.

Top Bottom