• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has gone gold.

Bsigg12

I'm really sad because I have to verify stock on the game tomorrow, and I can hold the box, and look at it, but I won't be able to play it :(

Gaz_RB

I'm just gonna have to repost this every ten posts haha

OT TIME:

t1378789200z1.png

I'm really sad because I have to verify stock on the game tomorrow, and I can hold the box, and look at it, but I won't be able to play it :(

You should verify some of that stock into your pocket...

"Uh, we seem to be missing one..? Weird."

Bsigg12

Tomorrow we will see the leak!

If people are really willing to steal out of a warehouse, then yes. The game is in transit all over the world right now and should be getting to most big box retailers tomorrow or Wednesday. Smaller stores, should be receiving by the end of the week I believe.

Bsigg12

Do we even know who all has the game aside from IGN? I know none of us small guys that are supposed to be getting a copy have got one yet.

I'm assuming Giantbomb has someone working on it, either Brad or Jeff as Patrick and Alex this morning said they wouldn't be reviewing it but rather someone in San Francisco.

Can someone please expand on the leak. What exactly did SCEE release on PSN? The full game or an encrypted pre load? How did people get to the files? And is there people playing this already?

No one is playing the game yet and no, don't think it was the whole game they let you pre load. But people were still able to decrypt some of it and get soundtracks and such.

SirNinja

Cats >>>>>>>>> Dogs.

Fuck dogs.

Red Dead Redemption will change your mind on that (edit: beaten!)

I have two tests both on Wednesday and Thursday of next week.

Shit.

Study for them at least a little bit each day this week to keep everything fresh in your mind the whole time. Even if you do nothing on the 17th but GTA5, the tests' material will still seem like second nature. Just one of the weird ways our brains work. That technique got me through most of gradschool.

Theecliff

Banned
I'm trying to finish up San Andreas this week. Just got to Catalina's last bank robbery yesterday.. Hopefully I can make it in time.
Eh, I bought some GTA games on a sale a while ago and tried to power my way through all of them. Gave up on both GTA3 and Vice City to put my effort into finishing San Andreas, but I'm finding it hard. It's my first time playing through the full game - there's a lot to admire and there's been some awesome moments so far (I'm up to the part where they move to the city) but it seriously hasn't aged well. The dated mechanics and design decisions can be pretty infuriating at times.

One of the things I'm hoping for is the ability to save anywhere you are, or at least more common places to save.

smr00

Banned
If i pre-order the digital version on PSN is there way to set up automatic download? Like there is with auto updates where my ps3 turns on at 1-2am and updates everything

If you're gonna have the game in your hands tomorrow, then so will the pirates. Gonna have to start avoiding game-related sites reeeeal soon.

Or, I guess, wait for a detailed writeup of the plot and read that so the spoilers will at least be in context.

If people are really willing to steal out of a warehouse, then yes. The game is in transit all over the world right now and should be getting to most big box retailers tomorrow or Wednesday. Smaller stores, should be receiving by the end of the week I believe.

Halo 4 leaked something like 3 weeks early, as did Gears of War: Judgement. I can't remember which, but I think there was another game leak several years back that was so early that it didn't actually have the final version of the game.

Bsigg12

If i pre-order the digital version on PSN is there way to set up automatic download? Like there is with auto updates where my ps3 turns on at 1-2am and updates everything

No, you would have to do in manually. If you're in the US, that download could suck because of the lack of pre-loading, and if a lot of people are going the digital route. If you're in Europe, the pre-loading option should be coming back up soon if I remember correctly.

I know that feeling, my company is getting all of its stock in the next 3 days and i have to help put electronic tags in thousands of copies of the game.

By Thursday i will have had my hands on a couple of thousand copies of GTA V. God frigging dammit.

javac

8 weeks to complete GTA V? I still pick up San Andreas all these years later. I'll be playing GTA V on-off for years.

Bsigg12

I know that feeling, my company is getting all of its stock in the next 3 days and i have to help put electronic tags in thousands of copies of the game.

By Thursday i will have had my hands on a couple of thousand copies of GTA V. God frigging dammit.

It's a giant damn tease.

But for anyone who's not on media blackout and avoided the audio leaks, today or tomorrow should be your last day before video starts flooding everywhere.

smr00

Banned
No, you would have to do in manually. If you're in the US, that download could suck because of the lack of pre-loading, and if a lot of people are going the digital route. If you're in Europe, the pre-loading option should be coming back up soon if I remember correctly.
So dumb that you can have it auto-update stuff with PS+ but not download pre-order stuff.

Vizzeh

Banned
how does the OT thread starter get chosen, text based, Rock, paper, scissors? :p

-Im guessing its a selection process, given there could be a few made.

Alienous

The amount of detail in GTA IV goes unappreciated.

I failed quite a few missions often, and you end up realizing that each mission has multiple variations on the 'car dialogue' (the talking that happens while you drive to your objective), dialogue for failing depending on how you failed etc. I wasn't aware that there was different dialogue depending on the missions you had done previously, and in what order. I'm amazed that there is different failure dialogue for letting a person die, abandoning them or wrecking your car. And this is on a per mission basis.

Amazing stuff. It'll be interesting to see if GTA V does something similar, with the multiple protaganists ("You let Franklin get shot, Trevor" for instance).

Top Bottom