• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V map pieced together

web01

Counting the number of streets blocks it looks a bit on the small size in city size,
Compared to SA anyway was hoping for it to be much larger.

Parts of the map look wrong anyway such as where it just fades out and other pieces don't fit together correctly.

terrible

Banned
I'm going to guess that there'll be more city areas than that. Mostly it's a guess based on what I just hope is true though lol.

Paganmoon

While this isn't officially released by Rockstar, it's probably close to the final thing as Rockstar's been releasing snippets of the whole map recently. The pieces were all collected and pieced together by the guys on the GTAForums (hardcore group of folks lol).

DAT COUNTRYSIDE.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/55175/complete-gta-5-map-assembled-by-fans-the-new-los-santos-revealed/

grand-theft-auto-V-map.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the map looks abit like Burnout's Paradise City?

Wow. It's like sideways Burnout Paradise.

Apparently not, I need glasses...

Omni

It looks.. small. Maybe it's just because there's only one island.

How big is it in comparison to say, SA? Or even IV?

All that countryside worries me, but if its as robust with animals and nature to see and play with, i'd be happy.

For those that don't know, LA's geography is pretty cool. There is forest, desert, mountains, islands, beach, and ocean all within I think about 100 miles. Really hope this is captured well in this game, if anyone can do it Rockstar can.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

R* says the game world is larger than those of GTA:SA, GTAIV and RDR combined, though I assume this takes into account that the ocean is now explorable.

GlamFM

Banned
R* says the game world is larger than those of GTA:SA, GTAIV and RDR combined.

Again, Shinobi is spreading wrong information here. This is a fan made map and NOT pieced together with snippets from R*.

This is all we have so far:

jbtDFuphZoWJj0.jpg

The rest is made up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Again, Shinobi is spreading wrong information here. This is a fan made map and NOT pieced together with snippets from R*.

This is all we have so far:

jbtDFuphZoWJj0.jpg

The rest is made up.

I know there are blanks being filled in regard to the map itself. That's why I mentioned the game world specifically.

Gawge

Going back to San Andreas, my idea of how it was is way bigger than it actually is. I played it on the PC a few months back, and was surprised at how quickly you can get from one 'City' to another. In my mind, it was almost like a small country.

The new map is promising though. It looks pretty big, but what is in that land is going to be so much better too. The landscapes etc... I'm sure there are going to be plenty of interesting locations away from the main City.

Dem runways. I'm so happy to have another GTA with planes again. I think I spent 90% of my time in San Andreas in the air, flying under every bridge and doing my best Han Solo between buildings. There's this tunnel south of Area 69 that I used to be able to fly the Hydra through, assuming there weren't any trucks hiding in there. I just hope Rockstar's fixed the pop-in, because when you were screaming along in the Hydra ten feet above the ground the trees would only pop into existence after you'd crashed into them :p

SJRB

Gold Member
Good lord can you imagine driving that full circle around the island? How long would it take?

Glorious.

dejay

Banned
Please tell me there's more than just one city.

Los Santos and some small rural towns (like in San Andreas)

Los Santos alone is supposed to be as big as Liberty City from IV if you pushed all of the islands together, and Los Santos is only 1/3 of the map. Plus there's underwater stuff on top of that.

EYEL1NER

If that end ups being the legit map, I think I am fine with it. It looks pretty big.
I wish it wasn't just Los Santos, but I am slowly getting over that.

bak4fun

Unconfirmed Member
75% of it seems completely made up, it just looks that they took the few real images of the map and copy pasted things all over the place

iy6v2HjCC1bFy.jpg

7he Talon

I hope this isn't the official map. Looks like something from Just Cause.

Out of curiosity, what game has the biggest map? Is it Daggerfall?

GTA 5 Is Bigger Than GTA 4, RDR, GTA SA Combined

Playing SA with the draw distance ramped up 10x made me realise how small San Andreas was in that game. They were just mini-cities with a few roads between. If this game can fit a similar size city to GTA4's plus a decent amount of countryside to boot I could *almost* believe it.

GlamFM

Banned
How big is this supposed to be again? RDR big?

Huge.

The digital issue of December's Game Informer is out now, and with it comes a boatload of new information on Grand Theft Auto V, including the fact that its world will be bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined (at least according to Rockstar).

I hope this isn't the official map. Looks like something from Just Cause.

This quote doesn't make sense. No where on the Just Cause 2 map does a city take up that much proportionally. It's the opposite of JC2 if anything, with more condensed city-scape with fewer islands, if any. I guess it's similar as in they both have different environments and roads, but this looks like the exact opposite of what JC2 did and its respective map. This is much more condensed. Even the largest cities in JC2 didn't have the detail and size that this city does.

Top Bottom