• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PS4/XONE Downgrade - Version 1.00 Vs 1.08 Comparison [edit: BUG]

jay6784

Placebo for sure, because framerate issues encountered in city was completely solved well before the 1.08 patch, and without disabling any graphical features. I remember that quite well.

...same for either performance or deformation IMO... both feel basically the same as before in all 3 versions of the patch. with deformation and parallax mapping off, I see no genuine frame rate improvement.

This was absolutely not this case for me with the PS4 version. There was a very clear performance improvement with the 1.08 patch. Speeding through downtown Los Santos resulted in frequent and noticeable frame drops before 1.08, whereas it is now very smooth. It's so much easier to race through traffic as a result. Huge Difference.

With deformation back on, I see no difference in amount or rate at which deformation occurs.
Yeah, seems like the deformation fix has had no negative effect on the framerate. I would assume that a forthcoming parallax occlusion mapping fix will tell the same story; they're just bugs, separate from the imo apparent optimizations.

yeah I wouldn't think parallax mapping would have that much of an effect though because it's really not used that extensively, and usually more in rather barren areas anyhow

the one thing I was thinking was there are a lot of new GTAO Heist missions around the quarry....

and the quarry has a tonne of parralax mapping for all the rocks and dirt, and the nearby train tracks. so maybe it was a bit extensive though when they started adding very action-packed high-NPC-count Heist missions (like that one where you drive the 2 armoured combat trucks), so they turned it off mostly for a reason like that... and maybe accidentally turned it off for the entire map instead of just one area, and for both SP and MP

as for downtown LS, I really haven't noticed a difference :( I wouldn't mind it being even smoother haha (PS4 too btw) I'll test it a bit more tonight maybe because I do spend more time outside of LS than in it... I drove around an hour in LS with M and never noticed a difference but I'll cruise around a bit again, try a couple more times of day... see if I can find any improvements.

WTF

Since I have the physical version for PS4, can I just delete and reinstall it when I want to play single player in order to have the original graphics, obviously at the cost of framerate, or is that not possible?
Yeah but then you'll have to deal with the weird input delay and a mile wide dead zone.

and trees that don't move

on the plus side, you can use the stock market glitch though

it may have worthwhile to choose 1.0 over 1.08 since the deformation is rather important to not only graphics but gameplay (e.g. broken axles during police chases), but now that the deformation is fixed, it's rather a toss up between parallax mapping and better trees, both of which you may not even notice that much during a lot of the urban or interior earlier story missions. i'd probably still choose 1.09 because it does include a lot of small fixes... made garages saving cars more stable, fixed a few small glitches, let's you change the deadzone... I think the blackest tinted windows were bugged a little too light in 1.00, for example, and in 1.09 they're black again. small things like that.

Is deformation actually fixed, though? I slammed an 18 wheeler into as many cars I could at top speed, into trees and posts, and they pretty much all came out unscathed. Same thing using a sports car. 1.09 installed and everything.

It's kind of a bummer, because smashing cars up into barely drivable husks is my favorite non-story thing to do in the game :/

well deformation through regular traffic crashes was always very slow.... and slower on certain vehicles

go park in front of a train: that'll let you know rather quick if it fixed for you or not

amar212

What is with the changing faces of my girl?

She looks great when starting online, but after few hours she looks like Putin.

What is with the changing faces of my girl?

She looks great when starting online, but after few hours she looks like Putin.
just a bug with the first version of the heist patch.. they fixed it shortly after and say to just reload your character a certain way:
Rockstar said:
"This issue has now been resolved. To restore your original character appearance, please follow these steps:

Enter GTAV and load into Story Mode, Pause the game, Highlight the "ONLINE" tab, Choose "Choose Character", Select your affected character"

Once you re-enter GTA Online, your original character appearance will be restored. If you are still experiencing issues with your character’s appearance, submit a ticket to Rockstar Games.

ttech10

4.5 gig patch? what did they do?

If you're referring to the newest 1.09 patch, it wasn't actually that size, it just continued on from the heist patch size. It read as something like 4.765, but it only downloaded a few hundred MBs (I think 400MB, maybe). I know for a certain I didn't download almost 5GBs in a matter of a minute or two.

Wil348

New update for PS4, and it appears to have re-added POM. Looks like the framerate hasn't taken a hit either (unless I'm missing something, I'll try driving through LS at high speed later).

Top Bottom