• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V sells over 34 million units

Thorgal

A recent picture taken of Sam Houser in his house :

7walcPW.jpg

:p

Tainted

Well deserved, congrats Rockstar for a truly outstanding game :)

WIll be crazy to think how many more they will sell once it releases on the nextgen consoles and PC

I'll be adding another one in November!!! This is amazing!!

Let's hope that this breathes life into franchises like Midnight Club, Bully, Red Dead and others as well.

Pllleeeeaazzzzzeeee Rockstar!

Damerman

call me stupid, but i'm triple dipping for PS4 in a couple of weeks and then again at the end of January... sigh.

They deserve all the sales... GTA V was the perfect capstone game for last gen(they literally shut last gen down)...last of us being a close second.

Rembrandt

Banned
Got a feeling they'll hit 50 million before the years over. The next-gen versions are probably going to outsell everything releasing this year, including CoD. I could see lots of people upgrading their console for it.

wtf, I seriously didn't believe you and then I searched it.
http://www.rockstargames.com/agent/

hollyshit, this is still a thing lol and that PS3 logo in bottom. Made me laugh out loud.

lmao, they just need to remove it or say it's cancelled. It's been way too long with 0 details.

GTAV will easily pass 40 million sold by this time next year. That will make it the 4th best selling game of all time behind the ubiquity of Tetris, Wii Sports which of course was bundled with the Wii, and the equally unstoppable (and eventual #1) Minecraft- truly incredible.

GTAV is already the most successful traditional retail game ever. Can't wait to play it again on PS4.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Got a feeling they'll hit 50 million before the years over. The next-gen versions are probably going to outsell everything releasing this year, including CoD. I could see lots of people upgrading their console for it.

16million more without PC release and on next gen console in less than 2 months?
this-cannot-be-real.gif

I have never seen this game on top 10 Amazon

Not that it matters much but certainly tells you the overall interest. I will be SHOCKED if it even does 5million combine by the end of this year. But it will definitely cross 50million mark with PC release. no doubt about it.

Rembrandt

Banned
16million more without PC release and on next gen console in less than 2 months?
this-cannot-be-real.gif

I have never seen this game on top 10 Amazon

Not that it matters much but certainly tells you the overall interest. I will be SHOCKED if it even does 5million combine by the end of this year. But it will definitely cross 50million mark with PC release. no doubt about it.

I bet you'll be shocked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should have more than enough money for LA Noire 2.

I still think this will happen. But keep in mind it'd be a totally different team.

I want a lot of things from Rockstar. A new 'period piece' GTA, a new Bully, a new LA Noire, a new Red Dead, a Kurosawa-inspired game, and a Blade Runner inspired game. Sadly their games are such big development plunges now, we'll be lucky to see two Rockstar developed games before 2018.

jwhit28

I'm sad that this confirms releasing on previous gen last year and current gen/pc this year was 100% the right decision.

Leckan

In response to a question, Zelnick says that the company hasn’t reached 100 percent saturation despite huge sales of the title.

It's gonna go over 40 million when all is said and done.

complete_global_saturation_by_captain_albertwesker-d3g0638.jpg

Portugeezer

Crazy. And I know some people that haven't played the last gen versions who are going to get a current copy.

Add a few more million.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Crazy. And I know some people that haven't played the last gen versions who are going to get a current copy.

Add a few more million.

I briefly played the PS3 version before stopping because I figured it would hit the new consoles at some point.
My X1 is already paid for.

Cragvis

GTA 5 is the only game that:

• I will ever purchase more than 1 copy of (have ps3, will get ps4 and PC versions)
  • I would be totally fine with it being the only game I have. I could play it all the time forever. (I beat it, and even though i have a big ps3 backlog It hardly ever leaves my disk drive.)
  • Has made me stop and just go, "wow".
  • Has had story dialogue that made me actually laugh out loud.

I really think, for me, this is THE best game I have ever enjoyed. It feels strange saying that because its a AAA popular game and all, usually people say that about some hidden indie gem, but its the truth.

Top Bottom