• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V sells over 34 million units

I can definitely see myself buying this if I get a PS4. The campaign isn't anything special to me, but I love fucking around, driving, and causing chaos in Los Santos. Seeing it even further realized with much better visual fidelity will be awesome to see.

GTA 5 is the only game that:

• I will ever purchase more than 1 copy of (have ps3, will get ps4 and PC versions)
  • I would be totally fine with it being the only game I have. I could play it all the time forever. (I beat it, and even though i have a big ps3 backlog It hardly ever leaves my disk drive.)
  • Has made me stop and just go, "wow".
  • Has had story dialogue that made me actually laugh out loud.

I really think, for me, this is THE best game I have ever enjoyed. It feels strange saying that because its a AAA popular game and all, usually people say that about some hidden indie gem, but its the truth.
I've play an absolute ton of VC and SA, and in general the series since the PSX original, but V was the first one I not only beat without cheats, but went on to beat 9x times precisely because the dialogue is so good. Michael's dry humour and wit or the banter between Franklin and Lamar is just genius. The writing of the game reminds me of a comic sitcom more than anything -- not a lot of characterization but just awesome caricature-based banter. Not the best story or plot but I think GTAV, alongside FFXII, have the best written and [voice and body language] acted cut-scenes.

Top Bottom