• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - The little details that caught your attention?

Getting a blow job from a hooker in strawberry and changing the camera view and seeing the ghetto bird flying in the distance. real shit.

Pull up to a stoplight in a sports car next to someone else in a sports car, rev the engine and honk the horn, and when the light turns green, they will sometimes take off and burn rubber right next to you.

Bricky

Not only that, but they get wet up to the point you were in the water at, not just a wet/dry state but actually soaking the parts that have been in water.

Uncharted did it first.

zmDDJFhWZ.jpg

Haven't seen it in many other games though, so it is a nice little touch. Especially for an open world game.

Trevor changing radio channel from pop to rock when he (iirc) is angry saying

'what the fuck is this? *change channel* yeeaah this is more like it!'

cilonen

My favourite one is the mouse pointer for clicking on stuff on the in game phone web browser; it's flipping you off rather than being an index finger pointing.

Pooya

Early game spoiler:

- the place where you buy cloths for the job interview at Lifeinvader, if you return later here outside of a mission, she will ask you about how the interview went...

now, I'm thinking of going back to LI offices to see what's up, didn't think of that. LOL.

Anybody knows if anything cool appears about Floyd and his GF later?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I robbed a store at gunpoint. Then an hour later I went back to that same store unarmed and the guy behind the counter said "I remember you!" and started shooting at me.

I love that planes don't immediately explode when shot at. Being able to coast a jet with both engines dead and crash land on the beach without dying. Insane.

In Trevor's 2nd safehouse, I loved the penis on the dry erase board and calling dudes gf a bitch.

I love ALL the details rockstar knocked it out of the park!

I can't think of a better way to end my 360 generation than this awesome gta game.

Oh yeah! How about the commercial for "cumulo-nimbus computing"?! Ripping on the cloud. Hillarious

DjRoomba

Banned
all the animations aregreat
all the transitions back tocharacters aregreat as well as the transitions in and outof cutscenes.
saw The Loneliest Robot and was surprised at the production value there
tons of detail in the world of couse
Small detail i do not like: getting drunk was way better in IV. Screen only getting ripply fir a dew seconds is kind of a downer. Getting high effect should last longer too

chemicals

Only got to play it for 2 hours... the first time I grabbed an SUV and went climbing moutains, ended up launching myself into the ocean... the water splooshed and splashed around me as I tried to get my bearings and get some air... the water... the WATER! it behaved just like real water. Hard to explain, I guess.

The lights of the city at night when you are in the outback, skybox, sun rays, vehicles creating tracks in the dirt, the water. There is a lot of great graphics and effects in the game.

EDIT: Oh and how water affects your clothes to the height you are in. And damage that stays on your character

cackhyena

Early game spoiler:

- the place where you buy cloths for the job interview at Lifeinvader, if you return later here outside of a mission, she will ask you about how the interview went...

now, I'm thinking of going back to LI offices to see what's up, didn't think of that. LOL.

Anybody knows if anything cool appears about Floyd and his GF later?

That's cool. Gonna have to look into that myself.

sappyday

I like it that when you get wasted you come out of the hospital with bruises and cuts.

Or how if you have a clean shave you'll eventually starting growing facial hair.

bengraven

So many games and characters to chose to do an easter egg about, and they do a Gearbox/Borderlands one?

eww

Well ignoring your opinion on the game (I see it the opposite way), they're both published by Take 2 and Borderlands is very popular (5 million sold since Sept last year).

VASPER

Banned
I think my favorite random event was when i went to help some dude in the middle of nowhere and he ended up tazing me and leaving me in front of a train with no clothes.

When Michael wears flip flops they actually aren't attached to his feet. They snap back up as he walks just like in reality.

Such a tiny thing but so amazing

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don't know the characters' names yet, but Franklin's friend tells you during the very first mission/meetup that you need a new haircut, and if you get a new haircut by the second mission, he comments on it. I thought that was a cool touch.

I was playing as Michael on the beach area then I decided to jump off a high place, Michael fell on his face and he was injured, a random npc picked his phone from his pocket and took a picture of Michael while saying "This is cool". He pissed me off so I took my revenge by punching him on his face. This random moment made me feel like I'm in a real place, not playing a videogame.

Jac_Solar

What is the amount of world interactivity, activities and so forth in this game? I haven't played it yet, and this seemed to be a complaint from a couple of people at the GTA forums -- not enough stores, interiors, stuff to buy and activities I think.

What is the amount of world interactivity, activities and so forth in this game? I haven't played it yet, and this seemed to be a complaint from a couple of people at the GTA forums -- not enough stores, interiors, stuff to buy and activities I think.

The world feels full of life, but the lack of interiors is really disappointing. There aren't even any fast food places that you can enter.

Was in the Vinewood hills and in need of a car. Girl drove up, I pulled my gun and she immediately threw it in reverse to try to get away. I fired a warning shot and she vacated the car quickstyle. Her initial instinct to drive away was a nice touch.

BigDug13

The Prius-type vehicle actually starts out in silent electric motor mode when you start to accelerate just like the real thing, then switches to engine sounds at higher speeds.

I thought that was a nice detail.

H2Yo

I love the fact that if you're in a car and a person is talking to you and you crash, they will remark and then continue with what they were saying rather than cutting off the dialog.

Betty

Banned
I spun my wheels near some gang members, and the main guy steps forward, reaches slowly into his waistband, by which point I'm driving off, and as I look back I see him raise a gun into the air to show me he wasn't joking.

i like how random acts are occurring while playing.

i was playing as michael and wanted to get a hair cut at the high end salon. as soon as i walked in, a guy puts a gun to my head and tells me to put my hands up and get on the ground.... the place was getting jacked by 2 guys + 1 drive outside. WTF! of course as soon as they left, i hunted their asses down, but the fact that it occurred seamlessly was pretty awesome

That racing S & F Mission you do with Franklin with the asian guy. I quit after a couple tries and gave up. Much later in the game, I get my hands on a nice car and take it to the shop. Turns out the asian dude works there and the first thing he says is something like "still sore about losing that race?"

I really hope they keep most of this stuff in the game for GTA Online. I was so disappointed in RDR free roam because of all the cutbacks they made in the game world.

Fjordson

Pull up to a stoplight in a sports car next to someone else in a sports car, rev the engine and honk the horn, and when the light turns green, they will sometimes take off and burn rubber right next to you.
I just noticed this the other day.

If I spin my tires and rev te engine next to someone in a fast car, basically every time they floor it and race me when the light changes.

There was also a pedestrians who whipped out his phone and started filming me when I was burning out at this one light for 10 seconds.

There's countless little details really, it's insane. One I noticed last night is that flip-flops aren't stuck to a people's feet. They separate when they take a step. Very small detail :lol

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Got Amanda's (Micheal's wife) car fixed as Franklin and in addition to getting general repairs, I bought the "La Cucaracha" novelty horn. A few missions later, I use her car as Micheal and it still has that horn!

And only up to where the character submerses themselves in water.

Even the ground gets wet when you get out of the pool.

Really digging the fake Internet in the game. Barely used it in GTA IV outside of the emails, but in V I'm constantly checking people's Life Invader pages to see what they say as the story goes on.

Also, the best moment switching to Trevor:
Scooter Buddies!

TheDanger

Banned
I returned a stolen bike to someone and a couple of in game days later I got an email from him that said he is rich and he sent me 100.000$ in stocks.

Hmmm so many to list here.

1.) Puddles created by rain at corners or buildings or the edges of the streets

2.) Can put dents in a sports cars frame by kicking it

3.) peoples hair gets wet in the rain and they react realistically to the fact that it is raining. Covering their heads with whatever they may have, jogging for cover, etc.

4.) The realistic looking blood splatters on your clothing when shot

5.) Cuts and scars sticking around for a good while on your character.

6.) If you slam front first in your car enough times, it will begin to have trouble starting or hitting max speeds. Also, tearing up your front / back axels will stop the wheel from spinning, eventually burning them out or blowing them

7.) The fuel leak from a busted gas tank, when lit on fire, the trail of fuel will also ignite

8.) if you walk into water with say, only thigh high, only that portion of your clothes will get wet. Same with ankle high water, etc.

9.) If you land in the water with your car and stay inside, it will eventually flood and start to sink and go underwater.

Just hundreds of little details like that I could mention

Top Bottom