• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI Official Trailer

Animated GIF
Nah leaks do indicate it’s early 2025. Like spring.

Perrott

Gold Member
No I think spring based off leaks. But it could be internally delayed
Well, it's not because of the leaks that we know Rockstar is aiming for a Q1 2025 release, but actually Take-Two's financial forecasts which anticipate the arrival of a game within the next fiscal year (April 2024 to March 2025) that would basically elevate the revenue figures of the company by 2 billion dollars.

Woggleman

You know what would be a funny running gag? Lucia's last name should be Sanchez just like the dirt bike in the game and people keep making that joke which annoys her.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Its from the leaks

She was already named Lucia there, so its safe to say that they are keeping his name as Jason
fair enough

do you notice Jason during the robbery scene has his watch in the inside of his wrist...look at his left arm here?

SiLTY.png

DavidGzz

Anyone here play through the Mortal Kombat 1 story? I think if you watch the downgrade in graphics between the in-game cut scenes and the actual gameplay, that is what to expect out of this game. I'm sure most games do it, it's just the freshest in my mind.

NeoGiffer

Anyone here play through the Mortal Kombat 1 story? I think if you watch the downgrade in graphics between the in-game cut scenes and the actual gameplay, that is what to expect out of this game. I'm sure most games do it, it's just the freshest in my mind.

Really? Comparing Mortal Kombat to the GOAT of gaming? GTA V was made from 2005 mid range tech. Now compare a PS3 to a PS5 in terms of tech. Oh and it's Rockstar. Several mic drops.

I am team February/March 2025 as of now but we will find out if they keep to that supposed release window during the Take Two conference calls. Next one is early February. Next trailer will be late summer next year?

We will probably get some screens before then though perhaps around March time. :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Really? Comparing Mortal Kombat to the GOAT of gaming? GTA V was made from 2005 mid range tech. Now compare a PS3 to a PS5 in terms of tech. Oh and it's Rockstar. Several mic drops.

I am just talking about how the game will look close to the trailer but some fidelity will be lost when you transition to playing the game. If that doesn't happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I was only talking about MK1 being an example. The lighting takes a hit during actual controllable gameplay compared to the cinematics.

If the character models and everything else looks exactly the same as that part 30 seconds into the trailer when the black guy with the grill shakes hands, I'll be stunned. Like, you're just running around on the sidewalk and a random NPC looks that good. I just don't see it.

Laptop1991

i'm looking forward to GTA 6, but i'm a PC gamer so i'm not going to get hyped as there isn't much point, but i'm hoping the SP is better and longer than GTA V and wondering if any mention's or throwback's to Vice City will be in the game, VC was my first GTA and i played it to death at the time.

NeoGiffer

I am just talking about how the game will look close to the trailer but some fidelity will be lost when you transition to playing the game. If that doesn't happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I was only talking about MK1 being an example. The lighting takes a hit during actual controllable gameplay compared to the cinematics.

If the character models and everything else looks exactly the same as that part 30 seconds into the trailer when the black guy with the grill shakes hands, I'll be stunned. Like, you're just running around on the sidewalk and a random NPC looks that good. I just don't see it.

Well I will be getting a PS5 Pro just to be on the safe side :messenger_sunglasses:

* From current console sales thread
Well let's just say 100 million current gen others then. Now if around half of those users buy GTA VI preorder/launch that's nearly 3.5 billion if the game is $70. I recall V made 1 billion in 3 days which was the fastest ever entertainment based product to get there that fast.

VI will make that just a few hours easily after release. Wow. :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:
Anyone doubting that GTA 6 graphics wise is far fetched, you need to play RDR 2 again, a game over 5 years old now. First of all it looks so crisp, ambient and lighting is amazing. Sure, there arent many buildings around but if you go to Denis town, there is a solid number of NPC roaming around at night on the same screen at no hit at performance. And again, thats a 5 year old game made for old gen.

NPCs actually look the same during gameplay as well as in game cutscenes. Something you cant say for Naughty Dog that ramps up the details in cutscenes only to get a flat washed out lighting on Ellie during gameplay.

Last edited:
As a local south floridian who resides about 40 minutes away from Miami I can officially confirm that there are no exaggeration in this trailer.

We indeed have the hot Latina mommas.
The crazy weird people who do weird random shit
And yes, we do indeed get random gators saying hello to general public.

I actually had a gator come out of a lake that's behind my house and I had to call animal control for them to take it away. He was a 6 foot gator in length and that was not even a full adult yet.

This game will be epic.

Stafford

People are underestimating Jason, just like they did with Arthur Morgan.

But it was quite clear from the start that Arthur would be a key character, whereas Jason is put to the background in this trailer. Hell, if we didn't have the gameplay leaks last year I bet many would've jumped to the conclusion that we solely play as Lucia.

nicoGec

But it was quite clear from the start that Arthur would be a key character, whereas Jason is put to the background in this trailer. Hell, if we didn't have the gameplay leaks last year I bet many would've jumped to the conclusion that we solely play as Lucia.
He’s at the center of the key art, just wait for more trailers.

mortal

Gold Member
He’s at the center of the key art, just wait for more trailers.
Not all that different from the very first GTA V trailer/teaser, which only featured Micheal with a few lines. That was for a game with 3 leads.
We're all just eager to see more, but as you said we'll just have to wait.

Warablo

I think its because Rockstar trailers usually have a history of actually looking the same or even worse compared to release.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Jason is center key of the artwork to the point that if they didn't release the trailer and just showed the artwork, people would assume Jason was the main lead and that Lucia was just a GF or something

both are going to be important

Top Bottom