• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX 970 Class Action Settlement website is live

Got a letter that I was denied because I didn't include the proof of purchase.

Funny, the gtx 970 box sitting in my basement with the side cut off it would say otherwise but what do I know?

mazillion

Funny, the gtx 970 box sitting in my basement with the side cut off it would say otherwise but what do I know?

Same thing happened with me. I must have been distracted when I did it because I don't remember anything about more proof of purchase. I just took the ID numbers from the side of the boxes (two 970s) and it seem to take, I got a confirmation email and everything.

It's weird to me that they would even accept it if it wasn't enough proof. I don't even know how to find proof now so i'm just going to let it go. It's only $60, I was pretty indifferent to it anyway.

Same thing happened with me. I must have been distracted when I did it because I don't remember anything about more proof of purchase. I just took the ID numbers from the side of the boxes (two 970s) and it seem to take, I got a confirmation email and everything.

It's weird to me that they would even accept it if it wasn't enough proof. I don't even know how to find proof now so i'm just going to let it go. It's only $60, I was pretty indifferent to it anyway.
I think you had to send that, plus an invoice/receipt from a retailer.

_woLf

I'm probably fucked, I think I included an invoice for one of my 970s but not the other.

I wonder if they'd approve one but decline the other if they were submitted together.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I still haven't received my check. I bought a 970 off Amazon so it was very easy to send them the receipt/invoice.

I'm in the Detroit, Michigan area btw.

Confirmed I got a check today. No denial! And I was one of the people who couldn't find any evidence of my application, even though I remember doing it. Hold on to hope.

EDIT: I also definitely did not send the barcode from the box. The only thing I remember submitting was my receipt from B&H, which I'm pretty sure is all they asked for at the time I applied.

AEREC

I filed electronically a while ago and got a denial letter asking for more proof last month. Sent that in with all the info it asked for along with my receipt from Newegg...will be incredibly annoyed if it's denied again.

jrcbandit

I applied it for the same day it went live, included serial numbers and receipt/invoice for the purchase. Have not received any info regarding shipping, denial, or anything. Just silence....

Edit: The check did arrive today, about time lol.

Justinh

Damn, these are still going out? I kinda just tried to forget it ever happened and figured I'd never get mine.

Check confirmed.
I sent in invoices and CC statements so I would've been irked if mine was denied.
Yeah, I sent in invoices from Amazon and Newegg for three and was a little pissed I never got a check. Guess there's still hope.

Got my $30 check today too! Completely forgot about this.
I couldn't provide serial since that part was cut out for a rebate, but providing a screenshot of my system's information of my graphics card was enough.

wrongway

I'd written this off a while ago too between the delays, the silence and the reports of bullshit rejections. Just got my $30 here in CO though. Color me surprised. dolla dolla bill y'all.

DKF590

Just got my $30 check today. Didn't even have the card on hand so I just submitted the newegg invoice. Wasn't sure it would ever come in.

LowSignal

Got my $60 check for the two cards I bought. I submitted my amazon receipt and a bestbuy screenshot plus I had the boxes for UPCs. It was a good day

womp

Got my $30 here as well.

My wife says "Oh, BTW, there was a letter from NVIDIA in the mail...you got a check, it is on the kitchen table."

:D

LowSignal

So now that a lot of you got your check, do you forgive Nvidia for the shenanigans they pulled? I'll always be skeptical about Nvidia but I did purchase a 1060 and a Laptop with a 1050ti recently.

rrs

So now that a lot of you got your check, do you forgive Nvidia for the shenanigans they pulled? I'll always be skeptical about Nvidia but I did purchase a 1060 and a Laptop with a 1050ti recently.
I knew full well about the 3.5 GB thing, but the closest thing AMD had used 100W more and I didn't want to blow out the PSU (it blew out a few months later) Hopefully AMD puts out some good products so whenever my 970 reaches its end my replacement isn't a rebadged 1070 equivalent at $200

Whogie

Got mine. :)

I was a bit worried since they didn't contact me first, and I didn't really hear anything after submitting.

wowzors

Illinois just got my $30 yesterday. Provided a Newegg invoice receipt as my proof if I remember correctly.

Thought for sure I was gonna get the dreaded insufficient documents letter.

mm04

$60 check. Either came yesterday or today. I had written it off as a loss, so hey, bonus.

Ontario California.

Top Bottom