• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid897

Man I'am so pumped for this game. My 1 week study break starts this Friday, perfect timing for some GW2 bad timing for some study. Rolling a Charr Ranger, can't wait!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Why is this not in the OP?

4OyRA.jpg

CHARR BABIES!

KiteGr

After a "Quick" look it appears that this haven't be posted already.
We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Tuesday, August 21 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover featu
res that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--

Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.
* The Stress Test will include Spanish text localization. ~RB2
My first time actually managing bringing some news here. I so thrilled.

Hackbert

OP of great work.
this will be my game for the next years to come in the mmorpg genre. and my thread to stay. Too bad my guild is too damn german. could not convince them to stay on Gandara. maybe i will make a neogaf clan only char

glaurung

Superior OT is superior.

I was told that my CE would arrive some time this week. If I understand correctly, I will receive one of the two CE boxes that are officially allocated to my country.

Kapoios

Neo Member
Superior OT is superior.

I was told that my CE would arrive some time this week. If I understand correctly, I will receive one of the two CE boxes that are officially allocated to my country.

There are only TWO CE boxes for one country? I can't help but ask what country that is...

Card Boy

Banned
I'm prepared for disappointment. Meaning i'm expecting the game to be unplayable for a good 2 weeks due to server issues.

Nyx

As I'm still unsure about my char, I'm thinking of rolling a dice when I'm at the Char Creation screen.

1. Female Asura Thief
2. Male Norn Warrior
3. Female Human Ranger
4. Male Charr Engineer
5. Female Sylvari Necromancer
6. Female Charr Mesmer

Wes

venison crêpe
It's finally here. After all the years of waiting! Very excited to play with my fellow Euros.

Good work on the OP.

PewPewK

New build seems to have fixed crashing when spamming the login button, but did they really just disable -useoldlauncher? Appending that now brings up the new launcher exclusively.

Axiom

The only thing I don't like about this game is the race selection. You have shaved cat gnomes, humans, bigger humans, plant elves and big angry cats.
I usually have a favourite well in advance of an MMOs release, but there is no WoW Troll or TOR Twi'lek for me here yet.

On the other hand, lots of classes I want to play and I've not decided between Engineer, Mesmer or Necromancer yet

Beepos

Even after all the BWEs and stress tests I still don't know what profession to main, because they all seem so fun. I am so screwwwwed.

koji

Awesome OT and very informative post about the guild stuff. Really looking forward to playing the game with you guys <3

Rolling a Norn Ranger, now I only have to come up with a name...

KiteGr

I can't decide on my profession...
I do know however what I DONT want, and that's a Guardian. I played one in a stress test, and he wasn't very fun.

The sure thing is that I'm gona make a Female Humanoid at some point (non Charr or Asura). I'm always making girls when making character in videogames, especially those where you will be stearing on your character's ass 95% of the time. If I decide to make a Charr or Asura however, I might as well go with males.

I think that I'll go for a Female Sylvari Engineer.

In today's stress test I'm gona try the Asura, and the Necro.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a cynical prick and I'm always prepared for disappointment. If it's not the servers then it will be performance issues. I feel the game is releasing 6 months too early based on the stress and beta weekends.

You crazy.

Based on the latest stress tests the game should be released last week :/

JonCha

I'm a cynical prick and I'm always prepared for disappointment. If it's not the servers then it will be performance issues. I feel the game is releasing 6 months too early based on the stress and beta weekends.

I disagree. Been running the game max settings flawlessly since, well, the first beta weekend.

And the stress tests have been fine, though I missed an early one I think. You're worrying about nothing save potential hiccups on the Friday, though I'm betting the game will be sorted on Saturday if there are issues.

Card Boy

Banned
I disagree. Been running the game max settings flawlessly since, well, the first beta weekend.

And the stress tests have been fine, though I missed an early one I think. You're worrying about nothing save potential hiccups on the Friday, though I'm betting the game will be sorted on Saturday if there are issues.

Don't worry i will be back with whinge posts on Saturday!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Is there 1v1 in this game? The fights with big groups look too chaotic for my taste..

When I played Structured PVP there were many instances where I was fighting one person. As for the idea of duels, I don't believe that is in. That could change in the next coming months though.

koji

I look forward to reading and comparing the launch, 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month reactions to this game to see if it really does hold up.

Yeah that was pretty funny with D3, I wonder how this will hold up... Think it's going to be good, but prelaunch hype does things to a man! :)

Dunlop

Nice OT!

I launched my client to update it for the stress test today and while it is updating I get an unauthorized password error which I have never seen before.

The same password lets on on their website to check my account settings but I 201 error if I click on forums.

I'm assumig this is related to them changing the authenticatin system and it will be resolved today right...RIGHT?!?!?!

Klyka

Banned

You must not just be cynical but also have a very weird view of what good performance is like because the last stress tests were amazing.

Rad Agast

Great work on the OP.

I can't wait to start playing this weekend. I deliberately avoided the beta(s) so not to spoil anything. The original GW and it's expansions kept me busy for 5 years and I get the feeling my backlog will increase do to this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom