• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Based off the beta I'm pretty confident the hype will hold up... Most of us will still enjoy it. The only thing I'm wondering is how often I'm gonna say, "Damn it the waypoint is contested... Pain in the ass dynamic events making this world alive and shit."

Ningo

Nice OT!

Time to go to bed so I can get up at 4:30am for the stress test.

Will only get to play for 2hrs before I leave for work :(

Gonna give engi a try and maybe an ele. Only played ranger and a bit of guardian so far.

glaurung

There are only TWO CE boxes for one country? I can't help but ask what country that is...
Estonia. I have a friend who works as a games segment manager for imports.

At first they said that there was no limit on the CEs, then they said that we would get no CEs (and their web store interface reflected that). Now it appears that my buddy managed to wrangle two copies from either Finland or Sweden.

coopolon

I preordered this game sight unseen just because my group of friends is going to be playing it but it actually looks pretty great!

Vano

Excellent job Jira, love the art!

Finally i can post this, 20 hours in Photoshop finally paying off and finally we are here, after so many years:

ibyHAoJOI6KMdN.png

Xane

I'm prepared for disappointment. Meaning i'm expecting the game to be unplayable for a good 2 weeks due to server issues.

.. which is quite understandable?
You have by far the highest peak at launch day. Buying the required infrastructure to offset this load just doesn't make any sense financially:
Giving a few weeks in, the peak/load will shrink exponentially and you'll end up having idle servers sitting around collecting dust.
So investing that much more to offset launch peaks probably isn't financially feasible.

At least that's what probably happened with Diablo III.
They have WoW, they knew how much to expect at launch day. They did the cost-benefit-analysis and decided not to invest in any more infrastructure at launch.

... or I am giving them too much credit.
I dunno, I'm tired, it's hot, maybe the weather is driving me crazy. :<

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I've been looking forward to this since it was announced. But I don't seem to be as excited for it right now compared to Diablo 3. Not even sure if I'll pick it up until the 27th. Although I'm really tempted to do the pre-purchase!

This is an absolutely amazing OT, I'm amazed by how much detail you put into this Jira but even more with how well it's presented! :)

I really can't wait until Guild Wars 2's Headstart later this week. :)

Great job on the OT Jira! We are finally close to having this game! Even though I have only been waiting about a year, guess that would make me lucky.

Raxious

very nice OT indeed.

I decided to go on the NA servers, even though im from Europe. As I'm guessing the NA guild is going to have more players, and also I played on the NA servers during the beta weekends and stress tests, and I had pretty much 0 lag whatsoever. So I'm gonna give it a shot on the NA servers :D

Sethos

Banned
Going through all the videos for the classes, think I'm leaning more towards Warrior than Guardian now. The fact that the Warrior is quite proficient with a bow ( or rifle ) is a massive plus, as I love the Hunter / Ranger type, just don't want the pet.

JonCha

Going through all the videos for the classes, think I'm leaning more towards Warrior than Guardian now. The fact that the Warrior is quite proficient with a bow is a massive plus, as I love the Hunter / Ranger type, just don't want the pet.

This is something I may try. Though I did like the vines racial ability with the Sylvari.

tonypark

Awesome OT.
Will be rolling a thief in 4 days~!
Just got validated on this forum that I have been lurking on for years. (That sounds weird)
Looking forward to play with all of the gafers!

An-Det

Great OT. I can't believe we're only a few days away from the game now, after so many years of waiting. Glad I took next week off work to play it, I wouldn't be able to get anything done.

I've tried to remain on blackout since the first BWE. Was the problem ever fixed with the limit on people in the GAF guild? I recall we needed two or three copied of it, we had so many wanting in.

Nista

Lovely OT. I know I'll have something to peruse while waiting for builds today. Think I'm going to start with a Charr thief, though it might take me awhile to get my fur and horns looking pretty. ;)

Question about the GAFGuild, can we join up as a guest from another server after launch?

Would be fun to have a character to play with you guys, but I'm already beholden to play with co-workers and friends on Tarnished Coast. I'm not sure how the GW2 structure allows for characters in multiple servers/guilds...

JonCha

Great OT. I can't believe we're only a few days away from the game now, after so many years of waiting. Glad I took next week off work to play it, I wouldn't be able to get anything done.

I've tried to remain on blackout since the first BWE. Was the problem ever fixed with the limit on people in the GAF guild? I recall we needed two or three copied of it, we had so many wanting in.

You can raise the limit by doing stuff in-game. We'll be on it ASAP.

Lovely OT. I know I'll have something to peruse while waiting for builds today. Think I'm going to start with a Charr thief, though it might take me awhile to get my fur and horns looking pretty. ;)

Question about the GAFGuild, can we join up as a guest from another server after launch?

Would be fun to have a character to play with you guys, but I'm already beholden to play with co-workers and friends on Tarnished Coast. I'm not sure how the GW2 structure allows for characters in multiple servers/guilds...

Characters can be on different servers and in multiple guilds.

Scum

I'm off from work for a few days starting tomorrow! Awwww yeaahhh!
Cannot wait to start rocking a Superior Mesmer!

Keasar

I must say, the Guild Wars 2 Collectors Edition box is probably the best Collectors Edition I have bought. Its content is great, it is lovely presented and holy shit the size of this figure! The office loves it. :D

Virzeth

Characters can be on different servers and in multiple guilds.
"Guilds can be represented by characters in any world, and every character can represent a different guild, and guest to any other realm for sPvP and PvE, but not for WvW."

^ more like this, unless they changed something (haven't had much time to follow the news lately)?

Guild Website
To keep the official thread as on-topic as possible, and to aid in event planning and community building, we have created a separate guild website; GAFGuild.com. Registration is quick and easy, and grants access to features such as an event calendar, profession-specific discussion and
And... AND?!
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom