• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire |OT| Mount and Shining Blade

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I heard that power scourge is better than power reaper, but why is it suddenly all the rage now? It's like the only build anyone is running in my guild.

sand shades take on traits of shrouds plus you, particularly F1 and F5

since there's three of them, you essentially got four "shrouds" doing those traits

nan0

So, about a certain boss in the story

What were they thinking with that eater of souls? Unless you are a CC or DPS monster, it's such a damn drag and a massive roadblock. Thankfully, I found a spot where I could trap him in place while ranging him down, but good lord this is an ill designed bossfight.

What exactly is the general issue with that boss?

I play a LB Power Ranger and had no issues with him and still can't tell if he has any special mechanics.. I only read later that he is considered to be difficult. I thought there were far worse fights in LW3 and the final missions of PoF.

What exactly is the general issue with that boss?

I play a LB Power Ranger and had no issues with him and still can't tell if he has any special mechanics.. I only read later that he is considered to be difficult. I thought there were far worse fights in LW3 and the final missions of PoF.

the issue is that he heals to full if you let him get his tether off. if you're not expecting it, or you don't pick up the tell before he does it, you'll wind up near dead and with him at 100%.

it took me a few tries before i figured it out. and like almost everyone else who did that fight with friends, i had to keep them away while i kited him to death with shortbow thief.

Stuart444

the issue is that he heals to full if you let him get his tether off. if you're not expecting it, or you don't pick up the tell before he does it, you'll wind up near dead and with him at 100%.

it took me a few tries before i figured it out. and like almost everyone else who did that fight with friends, i had to keep them away while i kited him to death with shortbow thief.

Glad I'm not the only one who did it with someone and had that issue. The other players also get a useless set of buff/debuff abilities. It sucks.

Also side note: Non-instance owners not getting the achievements in several story instances sucks and you don't even know until you're in the instance. >_<

MattyG

Banned
I played up to about level 30 in base GW2, right before HoT came out. Looking to get PoF and HoT and start over once the fall deluge of games is over, but I'm wondering how hard it might be for me to catch up. Is now a good time to jump into the game or am I kinda too late to the party?

Massicot

I played up to about level 30 in base GW2, right before HoT came out. Looking to get PoF and HoT and start over once the fall deluge of games is over, but I'm wondering how hard it might be for me to catch up. Is now a good time to jump into the game or am I kinda too late to the party?

Kinda a vague question that's hard to answer. Hot-LS3-PoF added 15 maps to the game. The story content could probably be done in I don't know...20-25 hours? Really hard thing to ballpark since it assumes you dont stick around very long in each map but also assumes you have to spend some time training up masteries to progress.

"Gearing" for endgame is about the same as its always been, though.

Finished the story!

So wait, Komir gets godhood despite the MC doing all the work, and now the crystal dragonl ganks my godhood after I single handedly off the god of war?

What do I have to do to get some divine action here folks?

Aren't we a zombie though? Technically speaking.. I mean a pretty burnt to a crisp one at that. Balth did burn us alive.
No zombie, the character was resurrected by using released energy from the death of a soul eating demon. It's like using necromancer life force from soul reaping in reverse.

Vena

No zombie, the character was resurrected by using released energy from the death of a soul eating demon. It's like using necromancer life force from soul reaping in reverse.

Its actually something of a call back to GW1:
You are resurrected as would have been in GW1 under Grenth's guidance.

Also, on the state of the world post ending:

So, lets see here:

Crystal dragon is both pissed, and hyped up on the war gods power. We thinks that power has to go somewhere, so maybe we'll have to drain it from him and birth a new war god to replace the one we killed? I wonder which character will get that buff. Also, hes attacking? How they going to work with that given the way the world works in this game, unless we'll have two versions of some zones later on.

Also on the dragon subject, Aurine seemed to get some juice too. Wonder what that's doing to her.

And it looks like we have to somehow restore the cycles balance by subbing the dragons for something else? With the old six gone, I wonder if we'll have to birth a new six to replace them by transferring the dragons powers to someone or something.

Joko is still stuck in the afterlife right? How long till someone figures out he's not coming back? OR will he find a way to escape now that the war god is dead?

Hows is all this going to effect human religion? I killed of the six, who seem to have taken a hike as a group. Or will they return now that the risk of a god versus god war is passed?

SourBear

Banned

So, lets see here:

Crystal dragon is both pissed, and hyped up on the war gods power. We thinks that power has to go somewhere, so maybe we'll have to drain it from him and birth a new war god to replace the one we killed? I wonder which character will get that buff. Also, hes attacking? How they going to work with that given the way the world works in this game, unless we'll have two versions of some zones later on.

Also on the dragon subject, Aurine seemed to get some juice too. Wonder what that's doing to her.

And it looks like we have to somehow restore the cycles balance by subbing the dragons for something else? With the old six gone, I wonder if we'll have to birth a new six to replace them by transferring the dragons powers to someone or something.

Joko is still stuck in the afterlife right? How long till someone figures out he's not coming back? OR will he find a way to escape now that the war god is dead?

Hows is all this going to effect human religion? I killed of the six, who seem to have taken a hike as a group. Or will they return now that the risk of a god versus god war is passed?

Someone was saying if you clicked on Joko he had a debuf or whatever on him that was something to the effect of "Chained by Balthazar". I'm assuming that since he is now dead this spell would weaken or go away and Joko could escape.

Also, I'm hoping that LWS4 makes alternate version of some of the PoF maps that are all scarred by Kralk from this recent attack. I think that would be really cool and a neat way of introducing map wide meta events maybe?

Vena

Someone was saying if you clicked on Joko he had a debuf or whatever on him that was something to the effect of "Chained by Balthazar". I'm assuming that since he is now dead this spell would weaken or go away and Joko could escape.

Also, I'm hoping that LWS4 makes alternate version of some of the PoF maps that are all scarred by Kralk from this recent attack. I think that would be really cool and a neat way of introducing map wide meta events maybe?

God powers don't turn off after a god is dead, Sohothim doesn't just extinguish because Balth is dead. Corruption/Torment didn't just end because Abaddon was vanquished, etc. Joko is eternally trapped unless something explicitly frees him.

Yup. Thankfully, this means
Dhuum hasn't taken over...yet.

Dhuum is sealed.

Stuart444

So, lets see here:

Well what happens to the power will be something we have to figure it out like we will with the other dragons. It's just Kralk has a fuck-ton of magic in him now that needs to go somewhere when he dies. More than the other dragons

I also suspect we'll have the usual "Zone is frozen in pre-end of PoF state" like most other zones are (ie Dragon Stand after Mordy died). If they introduce two versions of a map,
I'll be surprised lol.

Wonder if the magic helped Aurene shield us at the end of PoF. I know she has some power before the whole magic god being killed thing but blocking Kralk's branding seems like it would take a lot of power to shield from.

Birth a new 6 or maybe say "Screw Tyria, Imma go to the Mists cause we're screwed"
lol - yeah I have no idea how this is going to go down.

Joko SHOULD be free from the chains now that Balth is dead. It's a matter of time before he finds his way out.

The Zaishen and anyone who worshiped Balth and WASN'T affected will be pissed (if they worshiped him and were affected - they probably won't be worshiping him anymore)

Besides that, nothing much will change because the majority won't believe the other Gods abandoned them.

Very interested in seeing how LWS4 starts. I mean, it ended on a cliffhanger so how will LWS4 starts? A Mail saying "Hey Commander, how are you feeling after we dragged you to safety and left you until we could mail you this letter asking you how you are?"
- we'll see soon enough I guess.

God powers don't turn off after a god is dead, Sohothim doesn't just extinguish because Balth is dead. Corruption/Torment didn't just end because Abaddon was vanquished, etc. Joko is eternally trapped unless something explicitly frees him.

Balth didn't do it while he was a God. his god powers were stripped from him. His new power was from Bloodstone magic. I suspect things are different between normal OP magic and God OP magic lol. As for Sohothin, I think that's a little different as it's well... Fire. Which can be extinguished given the right environment (see Sohothin in the mists). I suspect Magical chains which not even the guys in that Spirit place could break is different. (even said how it's special magic that only Balthazar can do something about. In this case... dying

In the end, that is just speculating until we see how things go from here in LWS4 and beyond I guess.

Vestal

Gold Member
Anyone have some Gear Suggestions for Guardian PoF Ellite spec?

Just bought the Xpac and currently my Guardian is running full Berzerker gear.

Massicot

Anyone have some Gear Suggestions for Guardian PoF Ellite spec?

Just bought the Xpac and currently my Guardian is running full Berzerker gear.

I'm sure a berserker Firebrand would work just fine, but I would say that in general, berserker is better geared to a Dragonhunter and something with more Condi or Support focused would be better for FB. Use something like Sinister or Grieving (if you can get your hands on it) for a burn-focused FB or something like Minstrels if you wanna pump out quickness/heals.

Ashodin

Marshal's is also really good, but a little difficult to acquire right now (needing Insignia of the Spearmarshal).

I'm still angling for that myself.

Also, it's interesting how different the zone design was for this expansion versus the last. Zones are much flatter, versus the massively vertical zones we had in HoT. Difficulty also wasn't nearly as high, HoT mobs were brutal to face, even for exotically geared characters.

Dhuum is sealed.
They explicitly say that it's Balthazar's "will" keeping Joko trapped in the underworld. Your character can talk to one of the Mordant Crescent in the epilogue and acknowledges that Joko will be coming back.

Ashodin

Also, it's interesting how different the zone design was for this expansion versus the last. Zones are much flatter, versus the massively vertical zones we had in HoT. Difficulty also wasn't nearly as high, HoT mobs were brutal to face, even for exotically geared characters.

I LOVE the desert zones. Huge vast expanses of land with lots to do. The jungle zones aren't terrible either with mounts now. Everything feels much smoother and much more fun to explore.

I LOVE the desert zones. Huge vast expanses of land with lots to do. The jungle zones aren't terrible either with mounts now. Everything feels much smoother and much more fun to explore.

Only thing i wish they would add to mounts is the ability to dismount in mid air so I can glide. Granted, they may be easily exploitable for some area or another.

K I missed that detail.

Though given he takes credit for killing Zhaitan and other actions of the MC's, I wonder if he'll try to take credit for this as well. After all, the army thought they were under his orders.

Massicot

I wish you could go straight from one mount into another, but I understand that that could cause some potential exploitable things (like going from a bunny hop into a Griffon) or something.

Ashodin

And at this point both of those desires are extremely negligible compared to most other MMO problems :p

GW2 players are spoiled!

YO!
What the fuck is up with this soul eater boss?
Gotdayum. Having such a shitty fight after such a story driven, long ass mission just makes it worse.

You can actually glitch him then range him down. just have him chase you clockwise around Joko's cage till he gets stuck on the tree.

Also, I agree completely.

Boss Doggie

Is it worth splurging 1k unbagic and 5 gold for those scrolls?

She isn't, infact she is obviously protecting you in the final scene, during the branding of the area. She is over you, checking if you're okay as well, looking normal and non-corrupted.

after absorbing the power I mean

Yooooooooo, finish the Griffon collections and find out who's laying there, fuck i want to Kill Joko next...what he did
Tahlkora
...damn..

Hellers

Yooooooooo, finish the Griffon collections and find out who's laying there, fuck i want to Kill Joko next...what he did
Tahlkora
...damn..

I joined an amazing Griffon egg/run train last night. It only took about three hours. Afterwards I did the hearts and made a start on the keys. I'll have it finished tonight pretty quickly. I can't wait.

Although it'll take me a while to get enough mastery points to max it out. I've got all the other mounts at T3 apart from springer who I maxed out for the fall damage reduction. Only got a couple left now.

Stuart444

Is it worth splurging 1k unbagic and 5 gold for those scrolls?

after absorbing the power I mean

I know, that happens before the bit I'm talking about. She only absorbs a tiny bit of Balths power, Kralk got the majority. The shielding you bit is the very last thing you see of her before the story ends. The scene where she is looking over you and you see her face before it fades to black. - most likely, she shielded you and friends since I assume Kralks power would wipe out most people with the branding stuff. Could be she didn't and is just checking on you but she is obviously not corrupted in any way at the moment.

Tahlkora
...damn..

I know. FUCK Joko. Hopefully we get to take him out personally. >_<

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Huh.

There's a tunnel in the Domain of Vabbi with a wooden structure / stairs in it that lead directly to a hole that seems like it has been purposefully put there.

Only it leads you directly under the map.

d7cx8SX.jpg

DWvhsFB.jpg

OO4ntwR.jpg

Kgjfw5h.jpg

Boss Doggie

the
eater of souls
was hard for me at first as a sword/dagger weaver... until I switched to staff, then I wrecked him

Massicot

I had a longer post on this but it ended up sounding too ramble-y. But I'm wondering if the lack of reasons to revisit the PoF maps is going to be a weakness in the long run. I really like these zones and have done some cool events in them and have taken a lot of screenshots, but for instance I don't know if I'll ever want to do the Serpents Ire meta again for 2 blues a green and a small handful of elegy marks.

I don't want the maps to be on a timer or play exactly like HoT, but I'm just wondering where these maps and events will be in 3 months let alone a year+ from now.

SourBear

Banned
I had a longer post on this but it ended up sounding too ramble-y. But I'm wondering if the lack of reasons to revisit the PoF maps is going to be a weakness in the long run. I really like these zones and have done some cool events in them and have taken a lot of screenshots, but for instance I don't know if I'll ever want to do the Serpents Ire meta again for 2 blues a green and a small handful of elegy marks.

I don't want the maps to be on a timer or play exactly like HoT, but I'm just wondering where these maps and events will be in 3 months let alone a year+ from now.

Lets wait and see what LWS4 brings. Perhaps they will add meta events in them. Everyone is expecting new maps.. but they don't have to do that. They could just add to these existing ones.

Top Bottom