• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire |OT| Mount and Shining Blade

Is it very difficult to get the Warbringer? Are we looking at the same sort of time investment as with the other legendary gear(weps and armor)?

Massicot

Well. Been kinda no-lifeing this expac since launch. All Basic/Rare/Spec collections done. All of the map achievements done except for a bugged riddle event and the hidden one that requires you to beat your doppleganger.

u1Nwufp.png

kOZ8w1Q.png

Made the Warbeast armor, so now just to finish Bounty Hunter stuff as those recipes rotate into Elisa's inventory.

So back to doing T4 fractals and seeing how the new raid/fractal builds shake out. RIP OP Firebrand. At least I got to top Deimos DPS once with you.

Edit: Long term goals now are to make those 32-slot bags (rip wallet) and the new slayer achievements.

Well. Been kinda no-lifeing this expac since launch. All Basic/Rare/Spec collections done. All of the map achievements done except for a bugged riddle event and the hidden one that requires you to beat your doppleganger.

u1Nwufp.png

kOZ8w1Q.png

Made the Warbeast armor, so now just to finish Bounty Hunter stuff as those recipes rotate into Elisa's inventory.

So back to doing T4 fractals and seeing how the new raid/fractal builds shake out. RIP OP Firebrand. At least I got to top Deimos DPS once with you.

Edit: Long term goals now are to make those 32-slot bags (rip wallet) and the new slayer achievements.
Where did you get the Junundu Bezoar for the Soulbeast collection? I grinded them for hours and never go tone.

Wanderer5

Is it very difficult to get the Warbringer? Are we looking at the same sort of time investment as with the other legendary gear(weps and armor)?

There isn't much difficult stuff to do to make the backpiece, it is just mainly putting in a crap ton of participation in WvW weekly for the tickets (which you need 2800 tickets in total to make the Warbringer). It will help quite a bit if you already have done a lot of WvW and ranking up, compare to if you're starting fresh at WvW.

You will need to make the Gift of Fortune, plus getting additional mats (not so much) for the essences needed for one of the other gifts, so that can be bit of a gold sink there. You will also need a commander tag if you haven't already. The two WvW gifts aren't really that bad at all to get if you do a lot of WvWing.

Ashodin

u1Nwufp.png

kOZ8w1Q.png

BRUH

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized that you don't need to have the bounty to get the rewards. Bounty runs are fun. Though I do hate being a weaver and constrained to melee.

There isn't much difficult stuff to do to make the backpiece, it is just mainly putting in a crap ton of participation in WvW weekly for the tickets (which you need 2800 tickets in total to make the Warbringer). It will help quite a bit if you already have done a lot of WvW and ranking up, compare to if you're starting fresh at WvW.

You will need to make the Gift of Fortune, plus getting additional mats (not so much) for the essences needed for one of the other gifts, so that can be bit of a gold sink there. You will also need a commander tag if you haven't already. The two WvW gifts aren't really that bad at all to get if you do a lot of WvWing.

Yeah as much as mats are concerned the WvW backpack isn't actually costly - even the 3 gift of battles are relatively easy to get. Basically the actual time sink you'll need are the tickets. I'm still lv 400 hahaha

Stuart444

Though I do hate being a weaver and constrained to melee.

You're not though, just equip a staff. Staff is just generally more powerful to use as well for Weaver (though I do like using Sword/Dagger combo and carry a spare of each with me incase I feel like using them - used them the whole story just cause :D )

Plus staff has some cool unique number 3 skills, different from Sword/x

Boss Doggie

You're not though, just equip a staff. Staff is just generally more powerful to use as well for Weaver (though I do like using Sword/Dagger combo and carry a spare of each with me incase I feel like using them - used them the whole story just cause :D )

Plus staff has some cool unique number 3 skills, different from Sword/x

but but but autoattack D:

also I'm kinda miffed at the fire staff 5 nerf still

hmm, I've been using fire - air - weaver for traits lately, maybe I should change air to something else

also I feel like I have more CC with sword/dagger

Massicot

So I got 90 of these things for doing CM100 way too many times. I don't think i like the aura though and the tonic supposedly only transforms you into Arkk so I'm not sure what I want to do with them.

image.png

Dizzy-4U

What was the name of that software that let me save multiple builds? I want to save my berserker warrior before going into pof.

SourBear

Banned
Group was able to kill any of the bosses?

We got the first boss under 50% before we had to call it a night. It was mostly about learning the mechanics and stuff. I thought we did really well considering a lot of us were using new specs. and hadn't done raids before.

I think the really awesome thing is you get some of the raid currency regardless if you wipe or not. So even though we didn't down the boss we still got something out of it aside from the learning.

Kyolux

So, I haven't really played GW2 since 2012 when it first came out. I got to level 50 or so if I recall correctly.

Any point of buying the expansions if I decide to play before hitting level 80?

Also, how's leveling up these days? Is it kind of awful since I assume most of the original zones are mostly empty for dynamic events?

Stuart444

Also, how's leveling up these days? Is it kind of awful since I assume most of the original zones are mostly empty for dynamic events?

Most zones have some people in them, and there is usually people around for the boss events like the Shatterer, etc. Plus in Original areas, most events can be solo'd or done by a few people. Heart of Thorns areas get trickier but with the lack of map-wide metas, there will be people doing HoT areas again now that PoF has been out for a while. (Same with LWS3 maps, there is reasons for people who have been there to do them, farming for stuff/events, etc).

tl;dr: You won't have an issue, even in the most empty maps, there will be people around.

I sold everything I had prior to POF launch. EVERYTHING. I had no idea how the market would be affected. I sold 400+ laurels worth of t6 mats, 100s of mystic coins and all the other stuff that I could. I ended up with 800+ gold, and I spent it all on skins. I have almost all the skins I want now (prior to POF). Now I have 4 gold to my name.

Between Warbringer and the Griffon Mount, I got my new long term goals.

Kyolux

Most zones have some people in them, and there is usually people around for the boss events like the Shatterer, etc. Plus in Original areas, most events can be solo'd or done by a few people. Heart of Thorns areas get trickier but with the lack of map-wide metas, there will be people doing HoT areas again now that PoF has been out for a while. (Same with LWS3 maps, there is reasons for people who have been there to do them, farming for stuff/events, etc).

tl;dr: You won't have an issue, even in the most empty maps, there will be people around.

Thanks. But should I buy the expansions or just get to level 80 first?

Stuart444

Thanks. But should I buy the expansions or just get to level 80 first?

depends, if story is important, might as well do the story up until the end of LWS2 (which you need to buy from the gem store), if not, get to level 80, buy the expansions, start them so you get access to basic glider/basic raptor mount and then do whatever lol.

Kyolux

depends, if story is important, might as well do the story up until the end of LWS2 (which you need to buy from the gem store), if not, get to level 80, buy the expansions, start them so you get access to basic glider/basic raptor mount and then do whatever lol.

Hmm I see.

Can I still do the story parts if I use the boost to level 80 that comes with the expansion?

Wanderer5

I finished the story last night, and overall it was pretty fine. The last fight was good AND not buggy.XD Also nice to have an actual epilogue this time.

Now to work on getting the ball rolling for dat last mount.

Jira

So, I haven't really played GW2 since 2012 when it first came out. I got to level 50 or so if I recall correctly.

Any point of buying the expansions if I decide to play before hitting level 80?

Every dynamic event that isn't marked as a Group Event can be done by a single person. With that aside, there's always people in every single zone without fail. I've never not seen people in a zone, no matter what time.

So, about a certain boss in the story

What were they thinking with that eater of souls? Unless you are a CC or DPS monster, it's such a damn drag and a massive roadblock. Thankfully, I found a spot where I could trap him in place while ranging him down, but good lord this is an ill designed bossfight.

What were they thinking with that eater of souls? Unless you are a CC or DPS monster, it's such a damn drag and a massive roadblock. Thankfully, I found a spot where I could trap him in place while ranging him down, but good lord this is an ill designed bossfight.

I was on Spellbreaker so there is a level of indestructibility associated with that build but when he did his big vacuum thing I just dodged away and ran from him. He's definitely punishing but I don't think he was that big of deal?

Stuart444

I was on Spellbreaker so there is a level of indestructibility associated with that build but when he did his big vacuum thing I just dodged away and ran from him. He's definitely punishing but I don't think he was that big of deal?

Try doing it with other people. If you're like me and only play with someone else,
it's gonna give you a hard time. At least until you figure out that you need to send everyone but you (or whoever started the instance) to the very back away from the boss so you have room to kite without the boss going to your party members.

Incase that doesn't make sense, everyone but the instance starter is a spirit that can only put boons on you really. aka everyone but the instance starter is useless in the boss fight.
They really need to not do that for story missions. Even this one, just have them all be ghosts as well and it would be much better.

Well apart from the whole minion/ranger pets/etc giving the boss health - yes I've seen some people say that didn't happen but also quite a few people said it did. So it's still pretty bad.

Morokh

Equip a movement skill and dash away when he does his life draining attack wich has less effect the further from him you go, and come back when he's done, repeat -> GG.

Kalentan

Man it is so crazy how much of the world we haven't explored yet... Like even with this expansion there is still so much.

Not my map obviously, just added the red square...

Like it puts it into perspective. I wonder what life is like, if there is any on the other side of the Tyria continent.

Man it is so crazy how much of the world we haven't explored yet... Like even with this expansion there is still so much.

Not my map obviously, just added the red square...

Like it puts it into perspective. I wonder what life is like, if there is any on the other side of the Tyria continent.

I can't wait until we explore Not Real.

Try doing it with other people. If you're like me and only play with someone else,
it's gonna give you a hard time. At least until you figure out that you need to send everyone but you (or whoever started the instance) to the very back away from the boss so you have room to kite without the boss going to your party members.

Incase that doesn't make sense, everyone but the instance starter is a spirit that can only put boons on you really. aka everyone but the instance starter is useless in the boss fight.
They really need to not do that for story missions. Even this one, just have them all be ghosts as well and it would be much better.

Well apart from the whole minion/ranger pets/etc giving the boss health - yes I've seen some people say that didn't happen but also quite a few people said it did. So it's still pretty bad.
That actually makes sense. I find that playing with a group often times makes it harder just because it adds this chaotic element to everything. When you're solo you can much more easily get in the rhythm of things.

Kyolux

One last question.

Is there a good way to setup a controller for this? I feel like I remember a thread about this in the past for GW2 but couldn't find it.

I use a Wii U pro controller with the adapter so it's recognized as a 360 controller if that matters.

Boss Doggie

So the advantage Elon Pass has is the unique merchant selling PoF stuff and bringing new chars in CD.

Still not as useful as the "return to previous map" though.

Top Bottom