• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire |OT| Mount and Shining Blade

Stuart444

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll probably buy HOT to start and see if it sucks me back in.

Np, if it does, and you want to do the story in order. it's:

Personal Story -> Recap of Season 1 (can't play it fully as it was a one time thing) -> Season 2 -> HoT -> Season 3 -> Path of Fire

That said, if you want to try an expansion and see if it sucks you back in I'd recommend Path of Fire over HoT. It gives a better first impression imo.

Massicot

Anyone had troubles with the act 3 my story acheivement? Followed dulfy's instructions but nope...

"The Whole Story"? I had to do it again, but make sure to follow
Caithe when she runs off with the egg.

Edit: Lol I didn't realize Dulfy mentions this too. I can't think of any other fragment that would be tricky though, hmm.

Auraela

Banned
Gotten 3 pieces of the funerary armor so far this collection is great

Got the leggind coat and gloves. Coat was hardest one for some of the events u have to do

My mesmer is my main, and has been since launch... And yeah, I totally agree. I tried to be optimistic, but it's just a really disappointing elite. I don't understand how it ended up such a mess.

Has Mesmer *ever* been in a good spot damage wise? Maybe I'm just unlucky in when I chose to play the game, but Mesmer dps specs always seem to have had significant issues. Either phantoms being killed off before they can get value, clones not shattering problem, conditions not working properly and just a general lack of overall decent dps options. Chrono was good because it brought a unique buff boost to a group for me rather than having to compete with the FPS (and failing...).

My issue is what spec I should be using to do overground pve content. Having given up on my thief for being far too squishy, I'm now looking at my Mesmer and appear to have forgotten everything they can do... ;-)

Mirage is very disappointing. But thankfully it's in a much better place than it was in the demo. Just how many good changes happened based on feedback on the demo leads me to believe it'll eventually be in a good place.

But Mirage not being in a good place doesn't mean mesmer isn't in a good place. Mirage is by all metrics a respectable DPS spec to bring in raids. It's not great but it's above the not worth bringing threshold and it's really easy. And Chronomancer is still absolutely god tier. Practically mandatory for Raids and CM for the combination of permanent quickness, alacrity, and distortions.

hm, according to some random people on the /map chat in Verdant Brink (my primary go-to source for everything GW2!) Mesmer is in a bad spot right now, damage-wise anyway. It sounds like the balance between classes is pretty whack atm. It just would be nice if power phantasm Mesmer would be viable for anything but world PvE, but I don't think they ever were?

Mesmer is thankfully one of the only classes that isn't a healer than can get away with being low DPS because Chronomancer is such an immensely powerful addition to any group scenario.

Stuart444

Welp, I just made 3 more characters bring my total to 9 so I have all 9 professions now.

And I have every intention of getting them all through the story, all LWs and expansions and unlocking their elites >_>.

When I have time that is.

I will also make one more character eventually so I have two of every race. Just cause...

Twookie

Nope. But it helps! Both the expansion and HoT are $50 (PoF is $30 by itself).

And if you don't like your guild there's always GAF Guild!

-----------------------------------
Excellent. Top tier. The first week with HoT has been one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.
----------------------
No but I really recommend it. Not only do you have some excellent maps that (Takes some getting used to but excellent), the Gen 1 elite specializations are all still important in their own way, and there were actually a number of times where gliding came in really handy in Path of Fire. Plus LWS3 is a god send for getting Ascended level items.
--------------------------
Running through the story has been excellent. Plus grouping up for things like Bounties and meta events is incredibly easy. Unless you're into raiding, GW2 is a game that's really easy to mostly go it alone.

Or you can join the Gaf Guild or any other guild.

Hey, thanks for the response.

It's a bit offputting to me that the previous expansion seems pretty important since I'm not sure I'll spend 50 euro's on a game I've swore I won't play again(bought the game at launch and got disappointed by the lack of things to do and quit some time before HoT was announced), but 30 euro's seemed like a nice price. It's also cool that I can buy PoF without having to buy HoT as that's something most MMO's don't actually allow you to do.

My plan was to buy PoF and just play through the main content as some singleplayer experience and then bounce again, so I'm a bit torn if HoT is really recommended.

I think I'll probably wait until after my exams before I buy PoF(and maybe HoT).

Hope you guys have fun!
angel.gif

It's a bit offputting to me that the previous expansion seems pretty important since I'm not sure I'll spend 50 euro's on a game I've swore I won't play again(bought the game at launch and got disappointed by the lack of things to do and quit some time before HoT was announced)
This is no longer the case.

Spyware

Welp, I just made 3 more characters bring my total to 9 so I have all 9 professions now.

And I have every intention of getting them all through the story, all LWs and expansions and unlocking their elites >_>.

When I have time that is.

I will also make one more character eventually so I have two of every race. Just cause...
That's how it starts...;D then you'll be annoyed that you have one extra and will need to make an extra of the other eight too. And then it's annoying that it's uneven in races again. So in the end you'll end up with 45 characters - the all classes all races combo ;)

So whats the best gearing option for a holosmith? Looking at the skills, I assume something condition dmg heavy would work well, right?

You can go condition damage or power damage with it really.

Also DO NOT BUY FROM CDkeys. They are not an approved seller and accounts using keys from them are frequently permanently banned.

"The Whole Story"? I had to do it again, but make sure to follow
Caithe when she runs off with the egg.

Edit: Lol I didn't realize Dulfy mentions this too. I can't think of any other fragment that would be tricky though, hmm.

yeah i dont know...she seemed to have run into another pidgeon im wondering if that triggered another cutscene

Auraela

Banned
Per mike o brien

I love to play a game and not know exactly where the journey is taking me or what I’ll find along the way. I think many of you feel the same way, and you’ve been great at spoiler-tagging your posts to preserve that sense of discovery for other players.

With Path of Fire we left griffons unannounced so that players could discover them. We watched with excitement this past weekend as the community pieced together the path and the first players unlocked their griffons.

Since Saturday night when the first 349 players acquired their griffons, the number of griffons in the world has grown exponentially with each passing day. We hit a milestone today: 25,000 of you now have your griffons. You’re out there in the skies over the major cities showing off your new mounts. With 25,000 griffons flying around, I think it’s safe to say that the griffon is no longer a spoiler.

It’s been fun to see your videos of griffon aerobatics in various places in the world. Now that the griffon is no longer a spoiler, unleash your creativity! Let’s see what you can do.

I'm hoping to finish the story by the end of tomorrow. Then I have a 7-day work week so probably won't get my griffon until the 8th or 9th :p

SourBear

Banned
There would be a lot less griffons if people didn't blindly follow dulfy guides on how to get them instead of trying to discover it themselves.

Sai-kun

Banned
Is there a GAF guild I can join? :) I've been having fun since I started playing again but it's been kinda lonely without a guild or much social interaction in game!

Jira

Is there a GAF guild I can join? :) I've been having fun since I started playing again but it's been kinda lonely without a guild or much social interaction in game!

Post your account name. yourname.#### it's in the contacts panel.

Morokh

Add one Griffon to that number !

Just need two more mastery points and a bit of XP so I can rocket my way through the game !

sca2511

DO NOT BUY FROM THERE. ANet permabans accounts as soon as they find out your key is not from a legit retailer.

I've read that it's happened to people that buy from G2A or similar. Never really read anyone having problems with cdkeys, except for this one reddit thread, but it looked to be some other issue. Of course, YMMV

Dizzy-4U

Halfway through the Griffon collection. Currently doing stuff in the third map and so far it hasn't been that bad. I'll probably need to start using the LFG function to take down some of the champions.

I'm gonna be so poor by the end of this, I hope it's worth it.

Hellers

I need one more mastery point to upgrade my raptor enough to get the springer mount. the only problem I have is all the mastery points I can find need either glider or springer to get. I've checked Dulfy and it looks easy enough to glitch one of the ones I need but I'd like to know where the hell the one is I'm missing.

Any idea which one I've likely missed?

Massicot

I need one more mastery point to upgrade my raptor enough to get the springer mount. the only problem I have is all the mastery points I can find need either glider or springer to get. I've checked Dulfy and it looks easy enough to glitch one of the ones I need but I'd like to know where the hell the one is I'm missing.

Any idea which one I've likely missed?

There should be enough in the Oasis, for instance one west of Amnoon under the water.

And I don't think Dulfy's has anything other than the Commune locations. There might be one that involves a riddle or a small little task that rewards a Mastery point too (these would be in the "Crystal Oasis" achievement section and not Mastery Insights.)

Hellers

There should be enough in the Oasis, for instance one west of Amnoon under the water.

And I don't think Dulfy's has anything other than the Commune locations. There might be one that involves a riddle or a small little task that rewards a Mastery point too (these would be in the "Crystal Oasis" achievement section and not Mastery Insights.)

The only ones I can see on the map are ones I can't reach. So there are more that you just have to stumble on? That's a bit annoying when they're gating stuff like this.

*Edit* Ah I see. There's lots to do. You'd think they'd make it clearer :)

*Edit2* Lol. Just spotted one in Amoon I missed. Can't see the wood for the trees :) Fuck. It's the sous-chef. This might take a while

Hellers

I've been on holiday for two weeks and I've just started playing but damn if this isn't much better than HoT. Story boss fights are still annoying but the rest is lovely

Jira

I purchase from there around 1 month or more and no issues. I hope I dont get banned.

This is more of a thing specifically with ANet, not other companies. ANet is a lot more serious about where keys come from than most companies.

Is it worth getting the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic or just keep using the Master's Salvage kits?

Mystic salvage kits for rares or the occasional exotic, copper fed for everything else. Black Lion if you really want to pull a rune or sigil off an item and you have the kits handy.

Violet_0

Banned
Man i need to get that Griffon, but i find ALL of GW2 story missions to be so fucking tedious, i hate them..

yeah, I dislike them too. And having to repeat them with other characters is just the worst. Should there ever be a GW3, please, no more story missions. Just play all the dialogue during big events

Man, I've no idea how i'll be able to raise the funds for a Griffon. I've got 50 gold to my name, and even if I offload all my spare mystic coins, i'll still be 100g short.

Dizzy-4U

Griffon get! 16 gold in my pockets left, sniff. Time to hit Bitterfrost for some quick cash.

Edit: They finally fixed the teleport. Nice!

I cannot for the life of me get a Junundu Bezoar to drop for the Soulbeast dagger collection. It's the only thing I need and I'll have all the elite specialization weapons.

I finished the story. Was a nice conclusion, but I really wonder what will happen from this point on.
Will we kill Kalky in Season 4?

Top Bottom