• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 Press Beta [Prepurchase Is Live]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

So apparently I need to verify my email address on the guild wars 2 account management but it said it's sending it to my @ncsoft account. Not sure what's going on

"Hello Kyle,

Thank you for waiting. I've spoken with the Guild Wars 2 lead and have learned the following information.

You will have the ability to change the e-mail address associated with your Guild Wars 2 game account at some point in the future. We do not have an exact date for that ability, but it will be possible.

Additionally, we are working on a fix for forum access. A notification will be posted when this issue has been resolved."

Thank you,

GM Lorelai

Guild Wars 2 Support Team

nataku

I'd probably just ignore the account.guildwars2.com site for now. It's obviously a work in progress and probably isn't even important right now until we get closer to the beta weekend. Mine says I need to verify mine as well, but it won't send me the email. I'm just going to ignore it until the official date for the beta weekend is announced, or ANet tells me I should use it.

Shakala

"Hello Kyle,

Thank you for waiting. I've spoken with the Guild Wars 2 lead and have learned the following information.

You will have the ability to change the e-mail address associated with your Guild Wars 2 game account at some point in the future. We do not have an exact date for that ability, but it will be possible.

Additionally, we are working on a fix for forum access. A notification will be posted when this issue has been resolved."

Thank you,

GM Lorelai

Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Nice.

Just to be sure, this is the message I'm getting

"We have resent the verification email to *********@ncsoft, please use the link within the verify your email address."

Jira

I'd probably just ignore the account.guildwars2.com site for now. It's obviously a work in progress and probably isn't even important right now until we get closer to the beta weekend. Mine says I need to verify mine as well, but it won't send me the email. I'm just going to ignore it until the official date for the beta weekend is announced, or ANet tells me I should use it.

When I put mine in earlier at about 2pm PDT, it worked fine. Though YMMV.

Varna

So I really want the collectors edition. Gametop/Bestbuy are the only options eh... I will still get beta access right?

DJIzana

Now to decide...Greatsword Guardian or Rifle Engineer...

Definitely had a hard time deciding what class I wanted as my main but I definitely want an Elementalist now. I normally play a melee character but this time I'm switching it up. The way their spells look, really impresses me.

On that note, I'll actually have every character except a Mesmer & Necro... those 2 classes are the only classes in the game that don't interest me.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
Pre-purchased the basic digital edition online through the Guild Wars 2 website. Now I have to go into Gamestop tomorrow and deal with the bitch of a manager who I'm sure is going to question why I would cancel my CE pre-order and why I would go with some other company.

Simple answer though.....Gamestop sucks balls

Teknoman

That's what beta is for! :D

Definitely had a hard time deciding what class I wanted as my main but I definitely want an Elementalist now. I normally play a melee character but this time I'm switching it up. The way their spells look, really impresses me.

On that note, I'll actually have every character except a Mesmer & Necro... those 2 classes are the only classes in the game that don't interest me.

Yeah I always go with some sort of melee character or "holy fighter", and was thinking about using something with more ranged attacks...but in the end, I always get sucked into similar classes and have fun lol.

Guess I just like to be right in the middle of things/ on the frontlines/help other party members.

Pre-purchased the basic digital edition online through the Guild Wars 2 website. Now I have to go into Gamestop tomorrow and deal with the bitch of a manager who I'm sure is going to question why I would cancel my CE pre-order and why I would go with some other company.

Simple answer though.....Gamestop sucks balls

Just either switch it over to something else and cancel later, or tell them you really need the money. Cant argue with that.

Honestly they'll probably do that since their district manager will bug them about losing reserves, so just roll with it since they cant not cancel your preorder if you ask them to.

EDIT: Did I miss the GAF podcast, or is it not up yet? Also did you guys ever decide on a guild name?

DJIzana

Yeah I always go with some sort of melee character or "holy fighter", and was thinking about using something with more ranged attacks...but in the end, I always get sucked into similar classes and have fun lol.

Guess I just like to be right in the middle of things/ on the frontlines/help other party members.

Just either switch it over to something else and cancel later, or tell them you really need the money. Cant argue with that.

Honestly they'll probably do that since their district manager will bug them about losing reserves, so just roll with it since they cant not cancel your preorder if you ask them to.

The weird thing is... I know I'll enjoy every character equally in this game, it's really hard to explain that. Normally I always have a favorite but in this... I don't think I will! :|

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird, I've just pre-purchased but I have almost no hype for this game whatsoever. Being able to play free after purchase helped. I probably wouldn't have bought it straight away otherwise.

I think I'm mostly just curious to see how everything they've talked about comes together. MMOs need a bit of a shake up after many substandard games have come out last few years. Hoping this'll be the game to do it.
As for the game itself I'm hoping WvW is as great as it could be, that's where I feel I'll spend most of my time if the game gets it's hooks into me.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Can you link your GW and GW2 account with different email usernames or do they have to be the same?

Pretty sure you could use different email accounts, but as long as GW2 was tied to an email that you use currently.

If there are any problems you will be able to fix them later on anyway.

Jira

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/interviews/traits-and-builds-interview-jon-peters-pt-2

So you get a lot of people who say things like there’s no such thing as a support thief. We’ve actually developed so many different kinds of support thieves, because support isn’t always what you think it is. A support thief doesn’t sit around healing people, but we have all those skills that make you do double speed stuff. So there’s a haste on the thief, and Quickening Zephyr, or Frenzy, and we’ve consolidated all of those into a single buff called Quickness so that everyone knows that those skills grant quickness, and that’s what it does.

Everyone was using quickness to do damage and stuff, but then all of the sudden in PvP someone figured out that they could use quickness to stomp someone and do the finishing move. Then it was like you couldn’t rez through the stomps anymore because once they got you down they’d use quickness and do a double-speed stomp.

So then to counter that, people are haste-rezzing so that they can double their rez speed. Some of that stuff we hadn’t even considered, but it’s created these cool builds where thieves are really good at rezzing because they’ve got haste, and they can cloak. So they can cloak so you can’t see them, then hit haste so they’re rezzing super-fast but you don’t even know that they’re there.

Wow...

Dash27

Well i was planning on pre-purchasing through Amazon but seems like that's not an option. Any thoughts on where to go for online, smooth transaction and instant beta key to register with?

Going to get the Digital Deluxe version, not CE.

froliq

Well i was planning on pre-purchasing through Amazon but seems like that's not an option. Any thoughts on where to go for online, smooth transaction and instant beta key to register with?

Going to get the Digital Deluxe version, not CE.
Just buy it directly from arenanet?

Torraz

Any idea how valuable the digital deluxe version's elite skill will be? Not sure if I want to pay 20euros extra for it...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I was already tossing up the idea of a true support Thief but that article kinda re-affirmed it. I've already got my support Necromancer and support Guardian builds going too...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Any idea how valuable the digital deluxe version's elite skill will be? Not sure if I want to pay 20euros extra for it...
I'm wagering it'll turn into the obvious 'idiot bat signal' in PvP events like Mending Warriors were early in GW's RA.

Torraz

I'm wagering it'll turn into the obvious 'idiot bat signal' in PvP events like Mending Warriors were early in GW's RA.

Probably won't be. Or if it is, it'll likely be PvE only. There's no way ANet will risk backlash over game imbalance.

Thanks guys. Found a nice price for the standard edition pre-purchase: 40 euro bucks, which is around 15 less than what arena net wants for the standard and 35 less than what they want for the digital deluxe, so I am not paying that much extra for one summon.

Desaan

I'm still on the fence with GW2, especially with the whole pre purchase shenanigans. It's too much of an investment and leap of faith on the customers behalf considering there is no release date, who knows what will be happening in 3-5 months time.

Sometime in 2012 is just not good enough for me to lay out cash now. I'm not paying for a kickstarter here!

DJIzana

I'm still on the fence with GW2, especially with the whole pre purchase shenanigans. It's too much of an investment and leap of faith on the customers behalf considering there is no release date, who knows what will be happening in 3-5 months time.

Sometime in 2012 is just not good enough for me to lay out cash now. I'm not paying for a kickstarter here!

I dunno, I'm not really happy about only 1 beta weekend per month... what if I have other stuff to do? I do like that early head start though.

I love everything I see about the classes & I REALLY hope to god we see more Sylvari stuff soon. I was sold the moment they showed off the Sylvari area, so yeah, I already pre-purchased mine because the only dislike I have is that beta weekend thing, which is very minor.

BrettWeir

Bah, so busy....been slacking on my GW2 posts.

Waiting until next week to purchase directly from ANet. No real rush, unless the beta were this weekend....

As much as I love the idea of the CE, I just can't see myself putting up with the BS Gamestop is likely to put people through. I don't have any more faith in Best Buy either. Oh well. I'll just make up the price difference in gems. Two copies of standard, $90 worth of gems....lol. Either way, ANet gets my money. Not Gamestop or Best Buy. /pure hatred.

SteveWD40

Same here, going to wait until it's out tbh, I can live without beta access.

I mean I do think Anet are doing all the right things with their vision of a next gen MMO, but it not coming to Steam along with pre-purchasing with no release date (and it could be 6 months off easily)...puts me off.

mrNTE

I mean I do think Anet are doing all the right things with their vision of a next gen MMO, but it not coming to Steam along with pre-purchasing with no release date (and it could be 6 months off easily)...puts me off.
I have actually trouble seeing how this would keep anyone from just getting the DD from ANet.
But it might just be me.

If it wasn't because someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the reason to this was the greed of valve to want a share of the microtransactions I had assume the game found its way to steam eventually.

Complistic

If they did put it on steam they'd have to share profits from the micro transactions with steam. And that's how they get a lot of their revenue.

BrettWeir

I have Steam...I use it...but maybe I'm ignorant.......

Why the hell do people care so much about it "being on Steam"? Can't you just link the shortcut to the .exe in Steam? Even if not...why does it matter?

Not being a smart ass....really wondering here why this is so important to people.

I have Steam...I use it...but maybe I'm ignorant.......

Why the hell do people care so much about it "being on Steam"? Can't you just link the shortcut to the .exe in Steam? Even if not...why does it matter?

Not being a smart ass....really wondering here why this is so important to people.

Having your games available for unlimited download for the foreseeable future.

LowParry

You should of been around when SWTOR went through the same thing. GW2 is going to be out within the next 6 months. These beta events are more than likely their way of stress testing and get user feedback. Consider that pre-orders allows you into beta, the feedback should be huge and hopefully positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom