• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 Press Beta [Prepurchase Is Live]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageZero

Is there any way i can 100% check if my laptop will be able to run gw2 at least on minimum settings but the game should be fluid in dungeons. I would like to prepurchase it but this is bothering me.. Here are my specs:
Code:
 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T6400  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
           4096MB RAM
            MRadeon HD 4330(512MB)

salpa

Banned
On the CPU side, you JUST meet the minimum.

Everything else is better. Your laptop should be alright.

I managed to get the most out of Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life 2 with a nVidia FX5200 and a single core 1.6GHz CPU with a meager 386MB of RAM, so I'm sure you can manage.

Cels

Is there any way i can 100% check if my laptop will be able to run gw2 at least on minimum settings but the game should be fluid in dungeons. I would like to prepurchase it but this is bothering me.. Here are my specs:
Code:
           4096MB RAM
            MRadeon HD 4330(512MB)

Hope someone is nice enough to let you hop on a beta account, I guess. Dunno much about mobile chipsets, sorry.

Squash

So I'm a little confused as far as pre purchasing a regular hard copy from GameStop online. Only the digital version is a "pre purchase" and it's pre order for the hard copy but you still get beta and etc by just pre ordering?

Bonus Item

Receive Beta Access and other items!

Pre-order Guild Wars 2 with GameStop and receive Beta Access and other items!

Beta Access, beginning the last week of April
3 Day Head Start
Hero's Band: Adds +2 Power, +2 Precision, +2 Toughness, +2 Vitality, +2 Condition Damage, +2 Healing, and +2% Critical Damage.

Online Customers: A code with instructions will be emailed to you within 2 business days after your order is placed.
Store Customers: A code with instructions will be printed on your receipt at time of pre-order. Pre-Order must be paid in full at time of Pre-Order.
In-Store Pickup Customers: Pre-Order must be paid in full at time of pre-order to receive a code. Please visit your Pre-Order Store 24 hours after your order is placed to pay in full.

Complistic

Code:
           4096MB RAM
            MRadeon HD 4330(512MB)

can't say, but there'll be plenty of benchmarks that'll let you know before the game comes out.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Code:
           4096MB RAM
            MRadeon HD 4330(512MB)

You can run the lowest most likely on 15-30fps.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I'm a little confused as far as pre purchasing a regular hard copy from GameStop online. Only the digital version is a "pre purchase" and it's pre order for the hard copy but you still get beta and etc by just pre ordering?
Yeah. It's probably because they couldn't figure out how to work prepurchasing hard copies online. I preordered online, and I received my code via email just shy of 48hrs later. They haven't charged my card, and the listing says it won't be charged until shipped.

Squash

Yeah. It's probably because they couldn't figure out how to work prepurchasing hard copies online. I preordered online, and I received my code via email just shy of 48hrs later. They haven't charged my card, and the listing says it won't be charged until shipped.

Cool thanks.

PewPewK

9h1mK.jpg

Retro

So, the wife found this earlier today. It's an asshole running around in Guild Wars 1, showing some of the locations that will be significant in GW2 (the Pale tree when it's still very small, some of the Elder Dragons sleeping, etc.). A word of warning though; this guy's narration and voice makes me want to stab myself in the ears. Unfortunately, you need to listen to what he's saying to know what you're looking at.

So... yeah. Sorry in advance for anyone who stabs themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrmuUaSyjWE&t=2m30s

Ugh, called EB Games later today. Turns out that the GW2 codes still haven't arrived and that it might take a couple more days, I'm just so glad that beta weekend isn't this weekend!

It seems to me that some EBGames Canada stores have no clue about the pre-purchase, you think employees would be told about it.

Varna

Ugh, called EB Games later today. Turns out that the GW2 codes still haven't arrived and that it might take a couple more days, I'm just so glad that beta weekend isn't this weekend!

It seems to me that some EBGames Canada stores have no clue about the pre-purchase, you think employees would be told about it.

NA stores are the same it seems. I just pre-ordered my CE and I asked the cashier about the beta codes. She had no idea. Mixed blessing for me since I wasn't sure if I wanted to participate at all in the beta (rather the whole thing be fresh), but I do want to register my name...

So these codes are arriving later for those who pre-ordered from Gamestop?

Retro

Awesome, thread title change.

NA stores are the same it seems. I just pre-ordered my CE and I asked the cashier about the beta codes. She had no idea. Mixed blessing for me since I wasn't sure if I wanted to participate at all in the beta (rather the whole thing be fresh), but I do want to register my name...

If you pre-purchased at a GS in the US, you should have a code on your receipt. Call GS corporate because other people are getting them.

Retro

If I'm in Canada, should I call EBGames corporate?

I'm pretty sure EBGames is Gamestop, though I dunno if they have a separate number for Canada. But yeah, if it's not on your receipt and you paid in full, you might want to give them a call.

I'm pretty sure EBGames is Gamestop, though I dunno if they have a separate number for Canada. But yeah, if it's not on your receipt and you paid in full, you might want to give them a call.

Yep, paid in full $62.99 and it's not on my receipt. EBGames is GameStop in Canada but they changed their name back to EBGames a while ago.

Retro

Yep, paid in full $62.99 and it's not on my receipt. EBGames is GameStop in Canada but they changed their name back to EBGames a while ago.

Yep. Give the rat bastards a call and explain to them how they're supposed to be doing their jobs. Expect to be on hold quite a while (assuming they didn't close already)

Yep. Give the rat bastards a call and explain to them how they're supposed to be doing their jobs. Expect to be on hold quite a while (assuming they didn't close already)

Calling them right now as their support line is still open, if I was going to go through this crap I would have gone out of the way to see if my European card would work with the site.

Kalnos

Banned
So, out of boredom I reactivated my WoW account about 2 months ago and played up to the cap. I hadn't played the game since 2007. The game is still awesome and smooth but once I hit the cap I played a few BGs today and remembered why I quit.. these betas can't start soon enough : (

Varna

If you pre-purchased at a GS in the US, you should have a code on your receipt. Call GS corporate because other people are getting them.

This is confusing... So how does pre-purchase differ from pre-orders? Just pay it all off at once?

This is confusing... So how does pre-purchase differ from pre-orders? Just pay it all off at once?
All right. But how do I go about pre-purchasing from Gamestop? I just asked for the standard pre-order thinking it was the same thing. :/

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/guild-wars-2/75863

PgxhC.png

I took a Screenshot of the site. I just did my standard edition prepurchase today at gamestop. Just go in, ask to prepurchase, pay in full and make sure they print out the beta code on your receipt before leaving. My store took a little bit to figure out where the code was but overall it was pretty painless.

Yup, first place I went. I don't see any options to buy the CE like the other editions though.

Huh, thought you were only looking for standard. If you want the CE its only available from Gamestop in the US. Originally BB was suppose to carry them but there was a FB post from GW2 today saying that BB won't carry them

Update for those holding out for Best buy: http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10150712830704209

We've got an update on Best Buy's status for Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase: Best Buy Canada is doing Pre-Purchase for the CE through their website. Aside from that they only have pre-order. Best Buy US is doing Pre-Purchase of the Standard Edition (Digital) and Digital Deluxe via their website only. There is no Pre-Purchase for the CE. ~RB2

Varna

That's lame. I really wanted to avoid Gamestop.

Alright.. so this is what I've gathered. Go into Gamestop tomorrow, "pre-purchase" (pay my pre-order of) and ask for the beta code?

Alright.. so this is what I've gathered. Go into Gamestop tomorrow, "pre-purchase" (pay my pre-order of) and ask for the beta code?

Yup, and yea I know the feeling. Didn't want to give GS any $ but they're the only ones with the CE and Physical retail copies of the Standard Edition...

nataku

Yeah, just tell them you're there for the beta when you pay off the CE. It should print the code on your receipt.

I'm pretty disappointed by this. I really hope they figure out some way to get them that doesn't involve the cash shop, even if it's limited. Time to go over to Guru to read the doom and gloom.

PewPewK

If you pay in full, your beta code **should** be on the receipt.

Pretty skeptical about this. "Confusing to players" seems like a cop-out answer. You could easily make a note of it in the description or something.

I wonder if there were originally different level capped T-stones...if that was too "confusing" why not just make T-stones that are based off of the rarity of the item being destroyed (usually that'd be the one that has the better stats right?)? That way it can be tiered, with higher rarity T-stones costing more karma and as long as you make them match the same color as the rarity, it can't be that hard right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom