• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 Press Beta [Prepurchase Is Live]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy on reddit took the time to do this after reading the whole hearts being their own separate 657 pieces of content not tied to the 1,500+ dynamic events:

What exactly are the hearts? I feel like I have heard about them a lot the last couple days, but don't really remember an explanation. Even without the hearts just daaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn. This game, just damn.

Bringing this over from the beta signups thread:

https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/status/174092160512180224

I really hope I get in. Even if I don't I would be happy with a lot more footage.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
What exactly are the hearts? I feel like I have heard about them a lot the last couple days, but don't really remember an explanation. Even without the hearts just daaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn. This game, just damn.

I really hope I get in. Even if I don't I would be happy with a lot more footage.

Screw footage. I want in >=[

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The more I know the more hyped I get. The ability to just go to an area and just chose how you want to help is awesome. I think it was heart that was in that off-screen thief video, not sure though.

Trying to put a good spin on it.

I probably won't get in. :(

Unless you tried to spam email like I did then I think your ok

GrizzNKev

Banned
Only twice. Two different emails and two different pc's. Tried it on a crappy old pc to try to get in as a low end tester, thought maybe I would have a better chance that way then just a standard level pc.

I did the same.
There's no way my laptop is good enough to play this game.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Lol im sure theyll b able to see like 100 of your emails coming from the same IP :p

I know. I am so screwed. And it wasn't like I was doing it to increase my chances of getting in. It was that whole thing with gmail not working right. And my hotmail account also not working ethier same for my student account as well (that one was because of a typo).

KaoticBlaze

I know. I am so screwed. And it wasn't like I was doing it to increase my chances of getting in. It was that whole thing with gmail not working right. And my hotmail account also not working ethier same for my student account as well (that one was because of a typo).

Youll b good though cuz the problem was on their end so most likely theyll just keep one of your emails. Who knows they might keep them all thinking u just have LOTS of roommates who all want beta access lol

Nymerio

How can you people decide which class to play? I don't know what the fuck I'm going to play and it's kinda bugging me. This will be the longest character creation ever... I don't even know what race I'm gonna pick.

Don't know why people are avoiding Necromancer. It's going to be the 2nd class I hit after Guardian.

It's ok, they'll learn the errors of their ways after a few good rounds of pvp. We'll be the guild's token Necros until then. It's also probably an aesthetic thing, the minions aren't what you call cuddly. I'm just glad I wont have to use corpses to use minions anymore

Hoo-doo

Banned
How can you people decide which class to play? I don't know what the fuck I'm going to play and it's kinda bugging me. This will be the longest character creation ever... I don't even know what race I'm gonna pick.

I'll probably remain undecided until i'm on the character select screen on launch day, I want to create all the professions eventually, they are all great in their own way.

I have only managed to cut Engineer from my potential "main" profession list, simply because I dislike they way they play and look.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Here, let me choose for you. That'll make it easy.

Nymerio

Nym.....nom....nor...norn...

Norn.

Nymerio

Nymer.....nsmer...nesmer......mesmer...

Mesmer.

Norn Mesmer.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls

Guardian was the #1 ever since the profession reveals started coming since its playstyle has been my go-to ever since I first touched RPGs, let alone MMOs. As for Necromancer, well I enjoy mage-esque classes but there is something always awesome about being a conjurer of death. The other classes I am going to dabble with over time are most likely Warrior, Ranger, and either Engineer or Thief. I'll leave the Elementalist and Mesmer classes to my partner.

The races were a bit weird really. I tend to avoid selecting Human as much as I can, generally because they seem boring most of the time. But I enjoy what has happened to the Humans now and their city is incredible, so it was easy to choose a few for them. Everything else will be Norn, Sylvari, and Asura. The Charr will get its turn sometime down the track I suspect and I may always swap it out with the Asura.

Though I must admit it feels a little strange to be looking forward to playing as a Human :|

Don't know why people are avoiding Necromancer. It's going to be the 2nd class I hit after Guardian.

I'm definitely not avoiding Necro. It will be third after Ele and Thief, I just can't put Necro ahead of these two professions. Ele and Thief just look so damn fun. The only professions I am not really dying to play are Warrior and Guardian, but even those I want to play a lot.

Oh what the hell why not a ranking. My order of playing.

Elementalist
Thief
Necro
Engineer-Mesmer(can't decide which one first)
Ranger
Gaurdian
Warrior

But I will probably be making them all day one. Anet will make so much damn money day 1 from extra character slots no doubt.

Mulligan

Banned

Me neither. Judging from their skills and traits they seem very powerful and versatile. I won't be rolling one first but it will probably my second class too.

Valnen

It has no subscription fee, who cares how long they support it.

Well, I've already been reassured it will have many many years of support, but...

The reason I care is that I could spend my $60 elsewhere and get years of support for no monthly fee. Blizzard does this. Valve does this.

Maffis

trolling people on steam is so fun <3

Added Chrome as a non-steam game and renamed it to Guild Wars 2 Beta. I got 4 messages almost right after each other telling me congratulations xD

Arken2121

Well, I've already been reassured it will have many many years of support, but...

The reason I care is that I could spend my $60 elsewhere and get years of support for no monthly fee. Blizzard does this. Valve does this.

You're right but the fact that the the level of content setup for launch equals the amount of WoW's WoTLK is pretty astonishing. Also what makes it better is that you're going to want to do all the events, explore all the dungeons and find all the secrets whereas in another mmo where there's multiple expansions and you skip 50% of the content to get to the endgame. The value is going to better for years to come because of it.

Nymerio

Guardian was the #1 ever since the profession reveals started coming since its playstyle has been my go-to ever since I first touched RPGs, let alone MMOs. As for Necromancer, well I enjoy mage-esque classes but there is something always awesome about being a conjurer of death. The other classes I am going to dabble with over time are most likely Warrior, Ranger, and either Engineer or Thief. I'll leave the Elementalist and Mesmer classes to my partner.

The races were a bit weird really. I tend to avoid selecting Human as much as I can, generally because they seem boring most of the time. But I enjoy what has happened to the Humans now and their city is incredible, so it was easy to choose a few for them. Everything else will be Norn, Sylvari, and Asura. The Charr will get its turn sometime down the track I suspect and I may always swap it out with the Asura.

Though I must admit it feels a little strange to be looking forward to playing as a Human :|

Yeah out of all the races humans seemed to be the least interesting but after I saw the character creation and the city tour I'm not so sure anymore. Also, I usually don't like the beast races, like the Tauren in wow, but I like the Charr because they have this awesome running animation. I also have a thing for gnomes/goblins so I'll definitely want to try an Asura...

BrettWeir

I gotta say, i was a littke underwhelmed by the Yogcast Thief video. I always play rogue types in PvP, but after watching that vid, I'm not so sure about Thief. Leaning more towards Engineer 1st, Ranger 2nd.

Seeing that Engineer was one of the least played classes in beta weekend gives me even more reason to play Engi.

Nymerio

And I don't think I'll roll with Nymerio for my character name, I like to mix it up. I guess I'll have to give my name generator an overhaul before the game releases.

I gotta say, i was a littke underwhelmed by the Yogcast Thief video. I always play rogue types in PvP, but after watching that vid, I'm not so sure about Thief. Leaning more towards Engineer 1st, Ranger 2nd.

Seeing that Engineer was one of the least played classes in beta weekend gives me even more reason to play Engi.

Have you seen the video below? It is a little older and is off-screen footage, but it absolutely sold me on Thief. It's also not very stealthy(at all) but it just looked fun to play.

It's sadly offscreen footage from PAX Prime 2011, but it's still the best footage of PvE thief I have seen so far. This dude knows how to play.

Youtube link

Ferny

Added Chrome as a non-steam game and renamed it to Guild Wars 2 Beta. I got 4 messages almost right after each other telling me congratulations xD

Lol that is hilarious. I would totally believe it if i saw it not gonna lie.

Orayn

As someone who comes up with pithy names for all of my non-Steam games that I launch through Steam, I'll have to try this.

Lanbeast

I wonder why the Engineer isn't getting more attention? I think the class looks great. I just can't decide between a Charr or Asura.

From MMORPG.com:
"Guild Wars 2’s next closed beta test is scheduled for late-March..."

Confirmed by GW2 tweet:
"confirmed, in the past hour we released that news to the press :) ~AT"

1 more month to wait. ARrrrrrrrrrgh !

Retro

From MMORPG.com:
"Guild Wars 2&#8217;s next closed beta test is scheduled for late-March..."

Confirmed by GW2 tweet:

4wWc8.jpg

I wonder why the Engineer isn't getting more attention? I think the class looks great. I just can't decide between a Charr or Asura.
I was thinking I would probably roll an Asura Engineer at some point, but right now I'm still deciding between Warrior and Guardian. I see lots of people are planning to go Guardian too, no surprise since Paladin classes tend to be popular.

I'm honestly interested in every class, though the bottom of the list are Elementalist and Necro (I'm just not a fan of casters at all).

GrizzNKev

Banned
From MMORPG.com:
"Guild Wars 2&#8217;s next closed beta test is scheduled for late-March..."

Confirmed by GW2 tweet:

YES! No more worrying about not being able to play.

zulfate

From MMORPG.com:
"Guild Wars 2’s next closed beta test is scheduled for late-March..."

Confirmed by GW2 tweet:

They need the time to update the game i think...eitherway its good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom