• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd: Chipp, May, Venom, Potemkin confirmed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
so from that twitter, Xrd is SF4 and AC is 3rd Strike

that's disappointing. that trailer got me interested in GG.

You're going to take a single off the cuff twitter remark as representative of the whole game?

Also yeah, this is nowhere near final.

It does seem like they are simplifying the over all game though. Might not be a bad thing to because GG can be pretty bloated mechanics wise.

remz

I don't really get the comparison. Other than 3d supers. FRC and force breaks aren't that comparable to system changes between sf2 and 3

zoukka

I'm almost tempted to say that it looks better than the old games... I salute the graphic artists of this developer.

ezekial45

Banned
I just hope they'll bring back Slayer. I know his ending in XX had him retiring, but he's just too damn cool to leave out of Xrd.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

There's already a huge problem in that analogy

People use waaaaaaaay more than 3 characters in any version of AC

Omega

Banned
^ lol
You're going to take a single off the cuff twitter remark as representative of the whole game?

Also yeah, this is nowhere near final.

No I'll still keep my eye on the game but as someone who thinks SF4 is a piece of shit, that does worry me.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
No I'll still keep my eye on the game but as someone who thinks SF4 is a piece of shit, that does worry me.

Well I mean you probably have specific reasons for not liking SF4

So I mean unless those same problems present themselves in this game I don't see the cause to worry.

Just look at the pretty pictures like the rest of us why you bummin yourself out like that

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The day this hits consoles, I buy that console. As simple as that. Fucking GORGEOUS game. Thank you based Daisuke-sama!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
^ lol

I can already see why some purist might not like the reduction in the systems, but yeah, I don't really think that comparison means much other than Xrd will not be following on from XX or more specifically what AC established.

Omega

Banned
What's so disappointing? 3rd Strike wasn't a very good fighting game.

Mechanics in 3rd Strike wasn't the problem, it was the awful balance. I loved the game when you could play/watch a match that didn't involve Chun/Yun/Ken

Top Bottom