• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd released early in NA

wwm0nkey

Of course gamestop guy wants to be a smart ass and just say the game doesn't release until Dec 17 and check nothing.

Tell them that it says its available on their website and other stores around you are selling it because the street date was removed, also point out the street date is ONLY on the limited edition. You can even tell him to scan the game and a street date notification will not pop up. Hell even show him this thread.

If that fails ask to speak to a manager and if that even fails tell them you are going to the District Manager.

The GS I work at is cool but this is the best way to deal with the ones that wont budge.

Isotope

OP, you are a very good person for making this thread. Thank you!

Mi6j4a5.jpg

Walked in (Used the app to have them set it aside), asked for the game, and had no problems whatsoever.

Skilletor

Sucks, I don't want to play with the DS4 but I am not buying a new stick. I have 2 TE for the 360 and PS3 and a modded HRAP for the 360.

No room for another......

I wish there was at least a fight pad like MadCatz had for street fighter, that was pretty decent imo.

Hori has a pad out. The fightpad 4 or something like that.

Of course gamestop guy wants to be a smart ass and just say the game doesn't release until Dec 17 and check nothing.

Somebody didn't read their emails. We got the email on Monday. Shipments were to arrive on the 10th and could be sold on arrival because the street date was removed.

If they say anything tell eem to check their emails lol.

Mesoian

Called Gamespot, they're holding it for me, will pick up after work.

Cancelled my Amazon order.

Will be on the sticks tonight!!!!

Korezo

the store manager was giving me all this bs again not checking the computer, and just saying that it releases the 17th and that who ever is selling is goint to get in trouble.

wwm0nkey

the store manager was giving me all this bs again not checking the computer, and just saying that it releases the 17th and that who ever is selling is goint to get in trouble.
Call his DM and tell him his employee isn't checking his emails and denying you a product. Might seem like a lot of effort but he really should know better

Amazon has the Horii PS4 stick in stock for an almost reasonable price, at least compared to the 3rd party sellers. I can't justify it tough, I have two TE sticks already.

I'll do that, thanks.

Yea, I just can't justify doing it. I have:

2 - TE 360 sticks
2 - Hori PS3 sticks.

2 of those sticks I modded for compatibility with both consoles. I'm sorry, I'm just not interested in buying a 5th stick to play games this generation on PS4. I have an adapter that works well for the XOne, but it doesn't work for PS4. Until the stick issue is resolved, I can't get excited about fighting games. I haven't played a fighting game with a controller since Tekken 3. I'm NOT going back. And I'm not getting the PS3 version because I barely turn on my PS3 anymore.

I just pre-ordered this on PlayStation 3 from Amazon with a bunch of credit ($55) I had, too...

I can cancel it, buy a GameStop gift card code from Amazon, and order the game on GameStop's site for local pick up, right? I see that a lot of the local stores have it. I'd rather not wait until next week, plus I'd save money since I don't have to pay for release date shipping.

Edit: Damn it, Amazon won't let me buy gift cards with the money I have in my account there. Oh, well. See you guys next week...

Baust

I went to Gamestop to look for a gift for my brother and to pre-order Guilty Gear.

Didn't see this thread and the manager brought me the game. He said it was the last copy.

What an unexpected surprise! If only I wasn't so deep into finals week. :|

bounchfx

holy shit I want it

edit: holy shit I got it

called gamestop, dude was confused as fuck when I asked for what I wanted (I think the 'zerd' through him off.. so I just said guilty gear.), he said he didn't think they had any, but two minutes of checking yielded a 'oh yeah, we have some'. BOOM SHAKALAKA

kaioshade

Went ahead and put one aside at the gamestop relatively close by. It isnt the nearest one, but 15 minute drive wont kill me. Lets hope they truly did put it aside for me. Fingers crossed.

Shrewder

Neo Member
A local store has it listed as "low stock" availability, so I placed a hold for in-store pick up. I have yet to receive the second e-mail to tell me if it's available or not. I give the location a call and ask if they have the game; The nice lady says "Oh, sorry. It was just put on hold". Thank goodness...It was my hold request. Gotta get ready to go pick up my copy. Thanks, GAF.

Mesoian

Do you like guilty gear? Then yes.

If you've never played guilty gear, do you like BlazBlue? Then yes.

If you've never played BlazBlue, do you like anime fighters? Then yes.

So no.

Kidding, from everything I've seen of the game, it seems pretty fantastic.

Ferrio

Banned
I never played either last gen but like fighting games.

Well it's got a pretty high difficulty curve if you're wanting to get deep into the game.

The story mode is pretty much a 5 hour cutscene you watch, so if you're into that sorta thing there's that.

Arcade mode has it's own story segments for each character, and regular fighting to the end boss.

It has a tutorial mode that teaches you the basic mechanics of Guilty Gear, challenges to teach you character specific moves/combos, and mission mode where it teachs you specific fighting game fundmentals and other things like hit confirming combos, reversals etc.

Has online matches/lobbies etc and the netcode seems decent enough.

Keylow415

My gamestop had the game and sold my reservation to me no problem. Vacaville ca.and my TE2 should be delivered tomarrow. Let's Rock!

thanks for the heads up op, but has anybody have been able to play online? I suppose that NA needs the 1.01 patch? Hopefully is that

Thanks for the heads up OP! Called gamestop and I guess they just had one copy left for PS4 seems like people snatched all the others up. Guy said people were calling all morning and copies went quick. Luckily I got there in time to get the last one.

Felt bad about cancelling my Amazon LE edition but if its like the release of BBCP there will be extras on Amazon for $30-$40 a few months after release. I couldn't resist getting my hands on it 2 weeks early.

Top Bottom