• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd released early in NA

Oh man it is close to me (10 minute drive I guess).
Should I bother or not?
I like the idea of having it to play during my long weekend.

The End

Of course, the gamestop near my house has copies, but the one near my office where I reserved it / have credit does not. Sigh, if the don't tomorrow I'll make a fuss.

GamerJM

Banned
Dammit, the GameStop I go to has copies but I can't go there right now because I can't drive and I'm at college.

Ah well, I'll just wait until the official release I guess.

Gah

Should I buy it twice? Or wait for the LE?

Fuck it I'll wait...unless like, the LE contains the normal case that I could return...wait doesn't it have a slipcase?

._.

Laconic

Banned
Of all the days to get home, and crack open a couple of 8%ers.

...fortunately, my lady is sober. :)

What to do... how good IS the soundtrack that we get with the LE?

Volcynika

Of all the days to get home, and crack open a couple of 8%ers.

...fortunately, my lady is sober. :)

What to do... how good IS the soundtrack that we get with the LE?

At least on Best Buy's site:

Kick back with tunes from the game with the Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Vocal Soundtrack, which features 10 tracks composed by Daisuke Ishiwatari — the creator of the franchise

Type-Zero

Thank you for the heads up OP. Called my Gamestop and got my ps4 copy. Sucks I can't use my arcade stick and I don't have ps+ at the moment but still glad I got it. Now to wait for Elwell :)

Since the ultimax TE2 got pushed back to late January and I don't even have ps plus+, thinking I might pick up the ps3 SE version for 50 now then sell it back to GameStop when I get my TE2 and pick up ps+

It seems like a waste of money but it's almost winter break and I got nothing but time and more hours to work for money.

G0523

Grabbed a copy for PS4 on my way home from work! Thanks, OP!
Strangely enough, the GameStop near my house doesn't show up online but the one near my work did. When I went in, the clerk said that they started selling hem yesterday. Glad I got a copy.

Shrewder

Neo Member
UO0O8cu.jpg

Picked-up my 'On Hold' copy from GS. Sadly, it's the opened case with a sticker slapped on it. On a positive note, I needed a replacement case for my copy of Dragon Age, so the sales person was nice enough to give me one for free.

Edit: Thanks for the heads-up, wwm0nkey. Cheers!

Makki

UO0O8cu.jpg

Picked-up my 'On Hold' copy from GS. Sadly, it's the opened case with a sticker slapped on it. On a positive note, I needed a replacement case for my copy of Dragon Age, so the sales person was nice enough to give me one for free.

Edit: Thanks for the heads-up, wwm0nkey. Cheers!

No way in hell I would accept a used game for new price money, unless you paid 5 bucks less cause some employee at gamestop "rented" it.

No way in hell I would accept a used game for new price money, unless you paid 5 bucks less cause some employee at gamestop "rented" it.

Yeah, no way in hell did your pre ordered copy end up as the display copy on the day of release.

you got scammed

Jawmuncher

Yeah, no way in hell did your pre ordered copy end up as the display copy on the day of release.

you got scammed

In this case it seemed like a lot of stores got 1 or 2 copies and not the full shipment of it.
So if the game had come out on tuesday he would have gotten it unopened. Still a shitty practice though. Since this almost happened to me with Project Diva F. Went to pick it up a day later and the guy tried to give me a opened copy, thankfully they had just opened up a box from delivery that had more. Once I brought it up.

In this case it seemed like a lot of stores got 1 or 2 copies and not the full shipment of it.
So if the game had come out on tuesday he would have gotten it unopened. Still a shitty practice though. Since this almost happened to me with Project Diva F. Went to pick it up a day later and the guy tried to give me a opened copy, thankfully they had just opened up a box from delivery that had more. Once I brought it up.

Thats even worse!

Then even though they knew they had preorders and a short shipment they went and made a display copy!

I would be talking to the manager.

Jawmuncher

Thats even worse!

Then even though they knew they had preorders and a short shipment they went and made a display copy!

I would be talking to the manager.

Yeah in most cases like this it's usually someone jumping the gun before checking their whole shipment. Since it should have been unopened and either allotted to the first preorder or first come first serve preorder.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jesus christ this game is awesome, especially at full 1080p on ps4...it makes the amazing graphics really shine. I feel bad for the people who have to wait though...

Shrewder

Neo Member

you got scammed

At bloodyroarxx. I never said my copy was a pre-order. I used the in-store pick-up, which is you give your basic info, online, and they hold a copy. (If they have it)

I checked the GS website, after my pick-up post in this thread, and a location closer to my home had them in stock and I was able to swap the opened copy for a sealed one.

ERW7rC0.jpg

Well

My local gamestop has it

Looks like I'm going to double dip~

.....I was gonna say, maybe if GAF every has a tournament, I can give away the extra copy as a prize, but....everyone who enters would have it already. Hrm.

Sinistral

Went to an EBGames in Vancouver (Cambie) and talked to the folks there... Nothing, can't even pre-order it as their system shows it as 2015 release date with no month given or something. Anyone else have luck in Canada?

Went to an EBGames in Vancouver (Cambie) and talked to the folks there... Nothing, can't even pre-order it as their system shows it as 2015 release date with no month given or something. Anyone else have luck in Canada?

It appears EBGames isn't accepting any more pre-orders online too.

Cheska

Damn, would have loved to use my GCU discount on this and get the game early. But alas, not releasing early at Best Buy :(

Volcynika

If the website is anything to go by, I doubt you can get it from a store now. Looks like it was restored back to saying releasing next week.

wwm0nkey

If the website is anything to go by, I doubt you can get it from a store now. Looks like it was restored back to saying releasing next week.

Pretty sure you still can since stores got the email giving the okay, if not I really don't see why they would stop it, damage would be well done by now lol

I've got two local Gamestops, so I'll see if any of them have it a little later on.

It's one day after this happened, so hopefully I'll be able to get me one.

Top Bottom