• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

ShinMaruku

Everyone has a favorite they want back.

I got mine back already.
mqdefault.jpg

Rutger

Banned
They keep teasing me with Chipp in a suit with glasses every time I win.

So naturally they will give us his hastily thrown together Goku cosplay.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Wish they had alternate costumes for all characters.

It's pretty unlikely, considering how the character models are made, it would be a huuuuge amount of work, unless you're talking about putting on a pair of glasses or changing a hairstyle (Milia excepted)

mnemonicj

...[url said:
http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs2/outline/[/url]
Rev2 includes an "After Story". Additional story is planned for free release after launch.
Online Lobby is now independent of Ranked and Player Matches, meaning it's now a true 3rd mode of netplay like in BB and not a required sign-in to play the other modes of netplay.
Ranked match now allows rematching up to a FT2.
Player match now allows you to spectate a match that has already started.
You can switch back to the original Revelator in the options menu if you wish to netplay with a person who hasn't upgraded yet.

Ooooh yeeess. I'm really looking forward to easier online match setups. Logging in to the lobby was never an issue for me, but I would like more of a SFV approach to both casual and player battles.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Ooooh yeeess. I'm really looking forward to easier online match setups. Logging in to the lobby was never an issue for me, but I would like more of a SFV approach to both casual and player battles.

It's a really nice change, setting up lobbies and joining them was a ballache.

Rutger

Banned
Yeah and I wouldn't really want it to get much more bloated tbh, which is why I don't really want them to bring every character back

You're probably just going to have to accept it.
I can't imagine them not bringing back everyone unless they stop making new game.
I guess they could temporarily remove characters if they really want to keep the roster from getting too big, but I don't see that going over well with the players, to many stick to one character. That, and these character models were built to last, so it would be odd to know that our character is already designed and can be added at any time, but just isn't in.

Naarmight

Revelator is on sale on Steam, did I see that Rev 2 would include all the DLC characters, so it is just worth buying the standard version now, and picking up Rev 2 later for all the characters?

Qvoth

so it seems like sol's 5k is 5f and that's final
they really have no idea on how to balance their game do they?

Spuck-uk

Banned

You think a 2 frame change to one of Sols many many fast and amazing normals means the game is imbalanced?

Lol.

The only kinda big balance issue is Ram is still kinda bad, even in rev2

Rutger

Banned

They turned Gamma Blade into an EXE Beast, AND the 5k nightmare will be more manageable.

I personally think they have wonderful ideas on how to balance their game!

Sayad

mooncakes

My main Slayer and Chipp are getting some buffs in Rev 2 but not too much.

Kind of wish Slayer's dandy step> S (under pressure) followup is able to nullified projectiles but that will be too good if it happens.

Rutger

Banned
Yea, this is usually the case for me too, but Millia having real corner damage is a bit questionable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIpSmz3qnfY&feature=youtu.be&t=1h7m40s
Gotta wait for the twist though, Millia players weren't doing so hot on stream, but the character actually changed a lot and you can't really get far with her without optimized stuff.

Wow, that looks scary, haha.

While my last post was a bit of a joke, I honestly don't have a problem with how Xrd has been rebalanced. The BB team can get pretty wild with changes(which can be fun in its own way), but the GG team has been pretty smart with it imo. I don't think they are trying to find perfect balance, so some characters ending up unquestionably stronger than others is probably somewhat intentional, but they've managed to make it so that even the weakest can still be very scary.

it sucks when you can't jump into a game with your main.
2 of my mains are in at least, Slayer and Dizzy. I was mostly just joking though I do love me some Bridget.

EDIT If Justice came back playable I doubt it would be the armorless version we've been seeing in the Xrd story.

Zetta

I want to see a throwback version of Justice with Meet Again as the theme. Also I'm hoping the next two additions are Anji Mito and Bridget and if only one give me Bridget. Bridget made me feel different things when I first used him....

Spuck-uk

Banned
Guys I am an idiot and registered for Xrd at EVO despite playing it for maybe like 20 minutes.

I liked Leo. How do I not go 0-2 with Leo?

Go maximum Unga, and learn his fireball YRC oki setups. In fact just crib everything from C4IQ

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvtgr2NtQGMjP-q-qiyoAUKOI5ORszT8J

There are more advanced setups since he made these vids, but probably enough here to get you going. Leo is a fairly straightforward character who dish out chunks of damage for little execution.

Top Bottom