• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

thundr51

The match-up is actually fairly even in my view. Being sent to the corner is obviously the one thing to avoid. Once there, I'd focus on blocking low as Sol's OH are reasonably slow and can be reacted to. Faultless defence will also make it harder for the Sol player to stay in your face. If the opponent abuses gunflame, Ky's stun edge YRC -> dash should allow you to take the initiative again (provided Sol doesn't YRC obviously). A well spaced Greed sever also gets the job done but is clearly riskier. Don't be afraid to "mash" 2P if Sol has a tendency to run-in -> command grab too often!

5P, 2S can be used preemptively in order to counter Fafnir (after a blocked gunflame for instance).

That was my 2 cts, hope that helps!

Oddly enough, this is almost exactly what I've been doing, and I can win (at least agains the guy that plays Sol around here). Unfortunately it makes for very boring play mostly because his damage goes off the charts in the corner.

I mostly wanted to try Leo when he was first announced so giving that a try now. Does Sol have any bad matchups? Normally when I see him on a stream (Joniosan) he's almost unbeatable.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Oddly enough, this is almost exactly what I've been doing, and I can win (at least agains the guy that plays Sol around here). Unfortunately it makes for very boring play mostly because his damage goes off the charts in the corner.

I mostly wanted to try Leo when he was first announced so giving that a try now. Does Sol have any bad matchups? Normally when I see him on a stream (Joniosan) he's almost unbeatable.

Zato, Sin, Johnny

Anyone who can keep him out with superior pokes really. Sol is really hard to beat when you start playing, but once you learn the matchup he's a lot easier to handle.

Skilletor

Been trying to get Answer IAD loops down. Didn't realize it was superjump > IAD.

God dammit.

It's getting easier, but still can't get it reliably.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Been trying to get Answer IAD loops down. Didn't realize it was superjump > IAD.

God dammit.

Doesn't really need to be a super jump, it's just tight timing. doing 478966 after the HS gives you the exact timing for it due to the extra execution of inputs lining up with the timing for when the HS get's jump canceled

How is the Rev2 upgrade gonna work for people that own the physical copy and not the digital?
The same way Super Street Fighter 4 upgrades did I'd imagine

Sayad

God dammit.

When I first learned I-No(on controller though) SJ > IAD was easier than regular J > IAD, the motion is harder to do but since SJ is much faster it makes the window for timing wider and timing isn't my thing. :/

Was helping a friend learn Answer and explaining how to do the loop, what he's getting wrong, etc... Man, that loop bnb is brutal lol.

gave the pc version a trial and it surprising works pretty well. Is it better to buy rev now and go for the upgrade to rev 2 or just wait the 2 1/2 weeks? Also is there a good pc community or all the players on PS4?

Unknown?

gave the pc version a trial and it surprising works pretty well. Is it better to buy rev now and go for the upgrade to rev 2 or just wait the 2 1/2 weeks? Also is there a good pc community or all the players on PS4?
Isn't it cross play? Anyway I want the physical version but I don't wanna pay double.

mooncakes

There is usually lobbies for each part of of the U.S on the PC/steam. Players always keep coming in and going out the player lobby so you get a variety of characters to play against.

lupinko

Anyone hear what the Canadian price for the digital Rev 2 on PSN is?

Because I can buy the Japanese one right now for ¥2000. What's stopping me is that my JP copy is physical and my CA copy is digital. And I love my convenience.

The Loonie is so bad right now so I shudder to think what the CAD price is. But there is that spend $100 and get $15 back deal in June.

Seyob

The Japanese version is out on PSN for those going down that route.
They added some DLCs such as the Eclipse and additional colors for Baiken and Answer, as well as the system voice for these two characters. I haven't tested yet but it suggests to me that none of REV1 DLCs will be contained within the REV2 upgrade pack ;-(

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Got Rev for £10 PS4 and after playing Rev 2 demo I'm confused
Isn't it the same game.

Deimo5

I was hopeful for more combo trials but I guess they only changed the few existing ones that wouldn't work anymore in Rev2. Still could be interesting to check out.

Deimo5

Still don't see an option to upgrade my rev to rev 2. Is it just very late to come up on psn or is there something else I need to know about?

I just searched for rev 2 on psn and it came up in the results so there shouldn't be much problem if it is available in your area right now.

Slaythe

DLC costumes have to be coming at this point right ?

They made far too many for the story.

Included classic Ky that would necessitate almost no work since they have the rigging and model done.

miku

hmm... i guess no one is doing a new OT for this? maybe i'll ask the mods to change the title?

any suggestions for the subtitle?

"the answer lies in the heart of battle" ?

lol

Deimo5

There is a new set of MOM skills which look pretty weird. It's all lock-on military weapons like guns, blades, grenades and a missile barrage. I guess it shows off the 3D effect more. Is this ace guy a reference to something? A whole extra hud shows up and everything lol, feels like the most out of place items but they can be quite strong.

https://streamable.com/t4qnr

They added some DLCs such as the Eclipse and additional colors for Baiken and Answer, as well as the system voice for these two characters. I haven't tested yet but it suggests to me that none of REV1 DLCs will be contained within the REV2 upgrade pack ;-(

That sucks if true but kinda expected. Especially since they just sold it to PC players (albeit at a reduced price) a couple months ago.

I have everything but the system voices anyways and I can live without most of those I think

ShinMaruku

DAo3uFjXkAAkegt.jpg

TBH that sounds fairly normal for them. Additional items like colors, outfits, voices, etc are still something you have to buy but DLC characters from previous versions are included in new revisions. So if/when they add anyone to Rev2 when Rev3 or whatever comes out that will include whoever was DLC for Rev2, etc.

mooncakes

I am still bummed out that Slayer gets next to nothing in buffs. He gets to do more damage of Bite but damage isnt even a problem for him but I am still going to keep dandying with him in Rev 2.

Dizzy, Faust, Raven gets much more when they were good already. Sin barely got a slap on the wrist.

Hmmmmm....are they included in the standalone Rev2?

Bejan

Neo Member
I am still bummed out that Slayer gets next to nothing in buffs. He gets to do more damage of Bite but damage isnt even a problem for him but I am still going to keep dandying with him in Rev 2.

Dizzy, Faust, Raven gets much more when they were good already. Sin barely got a slap on the wrist.

Dizzy, Faust and Raven got buffed?

lupinko

Hmmmmm....are they included in the standalone Rev2?

There is that possibility but probably not since ASW needs to make money off micro transactions still.

The main draws for standalone Rev 2 are Baiken/Answer with already unlocked Raven and included Dizzy/Kum.

And the new endings for the characters patched in to Rev (Jam onwards).

Top Bottom