• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- announced for Arcade

Some of those BB versions are sequels though. I don't get why some people deny it...

Because as long as you don't care about the story, all the new BB versions feel like add ons. I stopped buying BB because of that and I won't buy Xrd either until they stop releasing new full games (+ DLC) constantly.

Because as long as you don't care about the story, all the new BB versions feel like add ons. I stopped buying BB because of that and I won't buy Xrd either until they stop releasing new full games (+ DLC) constantly.
Calamity trigger > continuum shift in NO WAY is not a sequel. This is also what should be expected of -sign- > -revelator-
I only played versus and training mode and online lol I don't tend to pay attention to stories in fighters but what happens tho
theres definitely a reason that she appears
to be darker/evil, even though she doesnt want to be
Id at least wiki it if you are curious

On that note, I wonder if Elphelt will have a different instakill now, and different wedding cake super

FluxWaveZ

On that note, I wonder if Elphelt will have a different instakill now, and different wedding cake super

I feel like they'd need to rework a lot about her other than just her looks if they want to stay true to how she is at the end of -SIGN-'s story. Maybe something happens at the end of -REVELATOR-'s that doesn't make it as necessary.

I feel like they'd need to rework a lot about her other than just her looks if they want to stay true to how she is at the end of the story.
very true, and im guessing it would be a lot of
unnecessary work too, since she will most likely be back to happy elphelt for Guilty Gear X-3, since Ram and Sol are on the "we gotta save her!" case

SephLuis

I feel like they'd need to rework a lot about her other than just her looks if they want to stay true to how she is at the end of -SIGN-'s story. Maybe something happens at the end of -REVELATOR-'s that doesn't make it as necessary.

Nope, no reworks on my main. Just new attacks and I am good.

They don't have to change how she plays because of the story.

FluxWaveZ

Nope, no reworks on my main. Just new attacks and I am good.

They don't have to change how she plays because of the story.

Not mechanically, aesthetically. Her idle poses, her win poses, a lot of her
goofier
animations. Stuff like that.

Doubt that's at all what's going to happen, though. The costume and colors and maybe the voice acting will be what will have changed.

Not mechanically, aesthetically. Her idle poses, her win poses, a lot of her
goofier
animations. Stuff like that.

Doubt that's at all what's going to happen, though. The costume and colors and maybe the voice acting will be what will have changed.
yea, I expect her to be mechanically the same but have a few simpler changes to fit the story. Like her grenade will be an actual grenade. Voice acting changes for sure

Voice acting kindve like Mu from continuum shift > chrono phantasma but in reverse

I also expect they will be like Noel and have her old costume as DLC, complete with old instakill (and probably animations as well). Then with GGX3 her primary will flip back to the old costume

EDIT: Shes definitely getting a new instakill, it could be similar but it wont be the same wedding concept, might just be a murder bullet

Videoneon

Most of the new mugshots look awful. some of the zoom-ins are totally unnecessary (Faust) and some additional effects look a bit weird (Pot's gleaming eye)

Elphelt design is alright, don't have much strong feelings on it

Tizoc

People playing this new loketest said that Raven is in the game during sol's story mode. He has a full polygon model just like Sin in the arcade version of -Sign-

Maybe he will end up in the console version

Fucking finally playable Raven.
Maybe Axl can finally stop time hopping and go back to his own time and be a family man for the rest of his life at last.

Keihart

Please be an add-on, i would be so burned if they keep this pace from BB with the upgrades :C. I already decided to skip BBCP extended...

Dremark

Banned
In that case you should go to the closest example of a BB game with new story released in NA and not a game from 5 years ago.

Perhaps if the equivalent upgrade for BlazBlue wasn't a 5 year old game I would have. I'm not saying the game won't be a full price release like you're insisting, I'm saying it might not be based on the previous track record.

This upgrade seems to be a lot more in line with Continuum Shift and unless they add more content than they are currently talking about I wouldn't be surprised if it were discounted outside Japan like CS was.

Top Bottom