• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo out on PS4 now! (2GB , PS+ Required)

antibolo

Banned
Is there any word yet on whether or not the Japanese version will have English text? Regardless I think I will be buying this digitally next week and then getting a retail copy of the American version on 12/16.

It probably won't. Why not just wait? It's only like two weeks??

Hopefully they somehow update that :(

The limitation is probably at the hardware level, I doubt this is something they can just patch.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, is the default layout in this demo the actual default layout for an arcade stick (HRAP, specifically)?

Right now it's:
Punch - Slash - Dust
Kick - H. Slash - Taunt

But is it supposed to be something like:
Kick - Slash - H. Slash
Punch - Taunt - Dust

I guess I'll look into it to see what GG default controls are supposed to be for arcade stick layouts, since I'm unfamiliar with the controls.

So is this a demo and not full time trail? Time trials annoy the crap out of me because they pop trophies and then it bollixes up my completion % if I end up not liking the game enough to purchase it :\ Can any GAFer that has this downloaded confirm if a trophy set pops if you play this?

Also, holy shit at that 66GB install for the full version.

Edit: Looks like that 66GB is a typo and refers to a 66MB save file size.

Tizoc

Ah well, I'll be pre-ordering the PS3 ver. in a few weeks so looking forward to playing this XO

wwm0nkey

So is this a demo and not full time trail? Time trials annoy the crap out of me because they pop trophies and then it bollixes up my completion % if I end up not liking the game enough to purchase it : Can any GAFer that has this downloaded confirm if a trophy set pops if you play this?

66GB!? Holy fuck! DAT Story mode?

ZeroX03

Banned
2-2 players
Network Players 2-8
66GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
1080p HD Video Output
Online Play (Optional)

I think it might be a typo. Dragon Age Inquisition's page says "45MB minimum save size". So probably 66MB.

So is this a demo and not full time trail? Time trials annoy the crap out of me because they pop trophies and then it bollixes up my completion % if I end up not liking the game enough to purchase it :\ Can any GAFer that has this downloaded confirm if a trophy set pops if you play this?

its a demo. I don't know why they call it a full game trial. When I saw it in the store I got excited to be able to play the full game early then it was replaced with sadness.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Would it be worth resubscribing to Plus to get this? HUGE GG fan.

Is the AI dumbed-down or something? Seems like it just stands around, then attacks...

Unless I missed a difficulty option somewhere?

Otherwise, this game looks, sounds, and plays amazing

Skilletor

Hm, is the default layout in this demo the actual default layout for an arcade stick (HRAP, specifically)?

Right now it's:

But is it supposed to be something like:

I guess I'll look into it to see what GG default controls are supposed to be for arcade stick layouts, since I'm unfamiliar with the controls.

The bottom layout is "arcade stick layout."

I think it's awkward as hell and just use the default layout on my stick. :p

Rymuth

Is the AI dumbed-down or something? Seems like it just stands around, then attacks...

Unless I missed a difficulty option somewhere?

Otherwise, this game looks, sounds, and plays amazing
Nah, I noticed that too. Was breezing along till Milla almost kicked my ass.

Beautiful game so far. Some of the character's intro are amazing. :D

scrolling message from the demo...

"Thank you very much for downloading and playing the Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo which is available to Playstation Plus members from November 25th through December 9th. Once the period is over, the app will expire and can no longer be activated."

epmode

scrolling message from the demo...

"Thank you very much for downloading and playing the Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo which is available to Playstation Plus members from November 25th through December 9th. Once the period is over, the app will expire and can no longer be activated."

Self-destructing demos are ridiculous. But I guess this is better than Nintendo's YOU CAN ONLY PLAY THIS X TIMES thing, if only slightly.

maouvin

Download here is slow as expected for a tuesday ( ._.)

75% damage with one attack. :/ Still beat her though. :)

I remember her from the JP demo. "Oh, let's try to faultless defense it".
Tension bar went to zero in a blink and chip damage killed me soon afterwards.

LegatoB

This is the same as the Japanese demo from a few months ago, except with English text and voiceovers. And like that demo, it'll only be available for a few weeks, in this case, until 12/9.

You can go through the Tutorial mode, and play Arcade mode on the lowest difficulty as Sol or Ky (though you can fight most of the cast). There's no way to make the AI not be a training dummy, sorry.

As for control schemes, the arcade version offers 4-5 choices. The default on the console version is the same as Arcade Type-D, which was the default layout in the console versions of every other Guilty Gear game. For the "traditional" Arcade layout, pick Type A.

Kuro

Valentine destroyed me :(

itLROeYhI6h9V.jpg

The graphics are much better than I expected.
The english voice acting is hilariously worse than what I expected...

The game is awesome... but god damn do I need a fighting stick..

Bastos

Considering to buy that Max Cronus device that lets me use my Q4RAF(and other sticks) on my ps4. Does anyone here have it? Is it worth it?

FluxWaveZ

English Millia sounds almost exactly like Mitsuru.

Ha, Millia definitely sounds similar to Mitsuru.

I wasn't sure about Sol at first—thought he might sound a bit forced with the gravely voice—but I'm into it now. I think I like the VA for the most part, from the little I can hear from battle voice clips. Dunno about Faust, though.

It also seems that Sol has something unique to say to every character he wins against, at least in arcade mode? If so, it's a nice touch since I rather MU specific win quotes to generic lines.

Edit: Hm, I don't think I like Ramlethal's voice very much.

barit

Damn thanks for the reminder. I need to grab this asap

Edit: fuck my german PS+ don't count in murica :.(

First Guilty Gear I have ever played. I like it, but I only tried Ky (or whatever) and I didn't care much for his moveset. Will probably try Sol tomorrow. And maybe I should go through the tutorials, actually...

Voices sound like I assumed they would lol. Only used to them in Japanese so thats what I will be using. Though I don't think they are so bad... except for Slayer lol.

Top Bottom