• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

NEO0MJ

Hi, any news on the EU patch?

ZGnzBCI.gif

But seriously, you might be better off giving up on that.

Kuksune

ZGnzBCI.gif

But seriously, you might be better off giving up on that.
well that sucks :/ i have an import copy but wanna play my friends that are on EU copy.

on another topic, i have recently picked up Potemkin and i could use some advice against rushdown characters and such :) thanks in advance.

Essay

well that sucks :/ i have an import copy but wanna play my friends that are on EU copy.
Aw damn. I hope they clean up their act with Revelator for you guys.

on another topic, i have recently picked up Potemkin and i could use some advice against rushdown characters and such :) thanks in advance.

First thing to do is to check if the timing of their close-range pressure/oki loses to backdash > Pot Buster. It's a tight window for them to OS against if they haven't put thought into it.

Some other ideas: You'll want to out some thought into when to Hammer Fall > YRC their pokes and approach as well. 75 meter can get you out of most pressure as well, by YRCing the startup of Heavenly Pot Buster and reacting. Even a gamble with the gigantor overdrive can pay off against a lot of setups, as the counter hit projectile gives serious stun.

6P antiair when you have meter to not send them fullscreen, or just need a break, but, more importantly, airthrow as many air approaches as possible. His is great.

Don't forget the butt (j.D). If they charge in on the ground, jump, make them whiff underneath and flatten them.

And, of course, if they're setting up their rushdown with projectiles, you got to flick that stuff!

Kuksune

Aw damn. I hope they clean up their act with Revelator for you guys.

First thing to do is to check if the timing of their close-range pressure/oki loses to backdash > Pot Buster. It's a tight window for them to OS against if they haven't put thought into it.

Some other ideas: You'll want to out some thought into when to Hammer Fall > YRC their pokes and approach as well. 75 meter can get you out of most pressure as well, by YRCing the startup of Heavenly Pot Buster and reacting. Even a gamble with the gigantor overdrive can pay off against a lot of setups, as the counter hit projectile gives serious stun.

6P antiair when you have meter to not send them fullscreen, or just need a break, but, more importantly, airthrow as many air approaches as possible. His is great.

Don't forget the butt (j.D). If they charge in on the ground, jump, make them whiff underneath and flatten them.

And, of course, if they're setting up their rushdown with projectiles, you got to flick that stuff!

That's basicly how i tried to play but i can't react fast enough yet, i'm still new to xrd and 2D fighters.

Another thing i do is if we are very far from eachother i only do I.C.P.M if i have atleast 25 meter so in case i miss i can roman cancel it so i won't be a sitting duck if i whiff it.

In combo challenges for Potemkin i have done everyone except 3, the one's with hammerfall brakes. I just can't do it yet in a combo.

I can post a few replays later this week so you can critque my gameplay if you'd want to :)

Dranakin

Sorry, I'm coming into this late, on mobile so I can't search well, and OP mentions it, but does this game on PS4 now support PS3 fightsticks? And if anyone knew, does BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND as well? I'm picking up SFV now that it has been confirmed, so I'm hoping to get some other fighting games that can support my PS3 fightstick.

Sorry, I'm coming into this late, on mobile so I can't search well, and OP mentions it, but does this game on PS4 now support PS3 fightsticks? And if anyone knew, does BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND as well? I'm picking up SFV now that it has been confirmed, so I'm hoping to get some other fighting games that can support my PS3 fightstick.

Unfortunately, neither of those games support PS3 sticks.

Someone still play this game in ranked ? It's very hard to find somebody (PS4), and most of the players are japanese that will be gone in a few day once Revelator is out :/

Sayad

Someone still play this game in ranked ? It's very hard to find somebody (PS4), and most of the players are japanese that will be gone in a few day once Revelator is out :/
Ranked died like a month after release, everyone just play in lobbies. Though you still might have a harder time finding those since Xrd Revelator's demo release.

Top Bottom