• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gulf seafood deformities alarm scientists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrokeJoe

I've been seeing a lot of full prawns(head and all) at the supermarket lately. Used to never see them. They all seem to have their eyes, but they are also USA farm raised. Seafood is already pricey, but it has also become so much more sketchy.

This is expected, but certainly don't take that to mean I condone BP's actions or devalue this significance of these findings. It still is a serious issue, one that continues and will continue to effect people on the gulf coast for decades, and BP has a shit load more to pay for than they are being forced to.

HOWEVER, as a NO resident I can assure you not all of it is bad. As someone posted an article earlier, there are still plenty of seafood harvesting areas that remained unaffected by the spill, and plenty of seafood exists that is perfectly safe to eat (though obviously significantly less than previously). Bottom line, the LAST thing the gulf coast needs to recover its fishing/tourism industry is for people to back away thinking the fish all have 3 heads and New Orleans is still underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom