• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

masud

Banned
I don't really get the building aspect of this game (I know it probably it hasn't been finalized yet). Like what's the point of these little shacks? It just seems like a little box that you can stand in? I'm having a had time establishing anything permanent, I'm just starting over from scratch again and again.

Unless I've been stupid... I've never found a backpack in the game and that's like 2 hours of playing... hell, I've found two turbo chargers...

kcxiv

Killed a zombie a few minutes ago, had miltary back pack a shotgun and 44 shells along with a weapons repair kit. best zombie find yet.

IMACOMPUTA

Fuck this game.
Fucking annoying starting as a fresh spawn. Every time i play i get some dickwad with no gear chasing me for 10 minutes until i fight him, and then I'm dead or injured. I have to re-tear my shirt, tear my pants, make my satchel, craft my bow, craft my arrows, and then have it happen all over again.

So much friendly fire in this game. I wish the name bars had a longer view distance.

Had a blast again tonight but didn't make much headway with gear. I think they still must be working on getting the loot drops right.

kcxiv

Fuck this game.
Fucking annoying starting as a fresh spawn. Every time i play i get some dickwad with no gear chasing me for 10 minutes until i fight him, and then I'm dead or injured. I have to re-tear my shirt, tear my pants, make my satchel, craft my bow, craft my arrows, and then have it happen all over again.

Thats what this game is all about! haha, i always just say, i dont have shit, im a fresh spawn. I dont even figtht fresh spawn vs fresh spawn, ill let them kill me, there is no point to keep fighting and running for 10 min. Just let them kill you and go.

Teknoman

Killed a zombie a few minutes ago, had miltary back pack a shotgun and 44 shells along with a weapons repair kit. best zombie find yet.

Ended up looting one a little while ago with a blue backpack. I've got a decent amount of ammo, general survival stuff, but no guns or crowbar to get into metal crafting. Did learn how to make saline and first aid though. Had a close call with someone who thought they could headshot me in the dark, but I put a hatchet in his face.

Didnt catch his name, but he didn't die either. Logged out somewhere in Ranchito I think.

Neil_J_UK

Came across someones base yesterday who had a large shelter with a wooden door. I chopped down the door to see a storage container in the corner, awesome I thought. Then I realise they'd placed a BBQ and furnace next to each other infront of the door, and I couldn't walk by/jump over them at all - it literally made it impossible for me to get in the base.

On the plus side, I've found an absolutely perfect place to dig with a shovel to store my stuff. It's in a great central-ish position on the map, pretty remote location, near a spawn point for items that isn't highlighted on any H1Z1 map I've seen (found 2 guns there) and zombies so I can get cloth whenever I want. Plus, it's got great visual aids to help me locate it so even if they remove /loc I'll know how to find it. It also blends into the ground really well.

FrsDvl

Came across someones base yesterday who had a large shelter with a wooden door. I chopped down the door to see a storage container in the corner, awesome I thought. Then I realise they'd placed a BBQ and furnace next to each other infront of the door, and I couldn't walk by/jump over them at all - it literally made it impossible for me to get in the base.

On the plus side, I've found an absolutely perfect place to dig with a shovel to store my stuff. It's in a great central-ish position on the map, pretty remote location, near a spawn point for items that isn't highlighted on any H1Z1 map I've seen (found 2 guns there) and zombies so I can get cloth whenever I want. Plus, it's got great visual aids to help me locate it so even if they remove /loc I'll know how to find it. It also blends into the ground really well.

As great as those stashes seem, they are quite easy to spot!

Neil_J_UK

As great as those stashes seem, they are quite easy to spot!

It's treated me well so far, I've had a ton of stuff stored there on a server I no longer play on (med-high pop) for the past 5 days. I just log on each day to check if it's been taken yet.

masud

Banned
I have yet to fire a single shot in this game. I find guns and ammo but never the right ones at the same time. And since keeping your loot in this game is next to impossible...

kcxiv

Ended up looting one a little while ago with a blue backpack. I've got a decent amount of ammo, general survival stuff, but no guns or crowbar to get into metal crafting. Did learn how to make saline and first aid though. Had a close call with someone who thought they could headshot me in the dark, but I put a hatchet in his face.

Didnt catch his name, but he didn't die either. Logged out somewhere in Ranchito I think.

i dont think all zombies with loot are player characters that died though. I have looted multiple zombies that drop the exact same loot, which is a great thing. Thats how i gear up now, forget going into the city kill zombies on the outskirts of the city weapon up and go hunt.

I have yet to fire a single shot in this game. I find guns and ammo but never the right ones at the same time. And since keeping your loot in this game is next to impossible...
i havent fired a gun that many times, but i did once have a mini shootout with a dude in a office building, he tries to arrow me, but when i busted out my shotgun, and fired 1 shot and he ran, just let them know that i have ammo

Chabbles

I like this game, but it'd be great if they could fix the loot respawn. I cant even find any metal shards to craft some nails for a backpack in 20+ hours ingame, let alone find a loaded gun to fire. How the hell are we supposed to test the gunplay mechanics ?. I've found 3 guns in total, a shotgun, handgun, and a sniper rifle i looted out of some players shed, no ammo. Apart from 2 axes, a machete and a hammer all i've found is water bottles, goggles and flashlights, and the odd tshirt/pants, so having a hard time testing alot of the crafting stuff. Majority of my time has been spent going over the initial work of shredding and crafting the bow and satchel, an hour or 2 of looting empty buildings and dying.

Im still enjoying this though and hope they get a better system in there soon for the loot.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I like this game, but it'd be great if they could fix the loot respawn. I cant even find any metal shards to craft some nails for a backpack in 20+ hours ingame, let alone find a loaded gun to fire.

You're looking for metal shards instead of making them yourself? There's your problem. Pounding on any of the wrecked vehicles with a crowbar will give you scrap metal. Easy to snag a crowbar in industrial buildings/garages as most of the players don't bother with them. That's why you always find tons of fertilizer.

As far as the loot system goes I don't bother beyond the first knife/axe, both of which can be found laying around so you don't have to stop and open containers. I get most of my loot from killing people.

I had no idea this game even existed. Is it a dayz killer?
Remains to be seen but signs point to yes. Already wins in the performance/interface department.

Chabbles

You're looking for metal shards instead of making them yourself? There's your problem. Pounding on any of the wrecked vehicles with a crowbar will give you scrap metal. Easy to snag a crowbar in industrial buildings/garages as most of the players don't bother with them. That's why you always find tons of fertilizer.

As far as the loot system goes I don't bother beyond the first knife/axe, both of which can be found laying around so you don't have to stop and open containers. I get most of my loot from killing people.

Well i'll let you know if i find a crowbar. KOS may be an alternative way to survive right now in h1z1, but i'd still like the loot to work properly.

Well i'll let you know if i find a crowbar. KOS may be an alternative way to survive right now in h1z1, but i'd still like the loot to work properly.

I've found crowbars spawning at shops/gas stations, usually on planks in the back/stock room, in peaceful valley on a regular basis.

Phreaker

Fuck this game.

That is what I think might be so great about it (or the genre). I have not played any of these before, but have watched people stream them on Twitch. When you do live for a while and have some gear the tension you feel, alone or as a group, every time you hear the release of an arrow or see a stranger is quite real. You don't want to die and start over, more in this type of game than any other multiplayer game I've played before. I find it addicting.

Frostburn

Is there a way yet to spawn inside your base or at a sleeping bag like in Rust? Half the reason to build bases in Rust was to keep your gear/setup a secure respawn point so you don't have to start so fresh.

CryptiK

So I came second in BR it must have bugged out because the fog didnt do any damage and I could walk to any part of the map. So I just suicided and found out that I was 1 of 2 left. Dumb game. :/

JesseZao

Had a bug or hack occur last night. We rolled into cranberry and came across some zombies. We got our bows out to kill them when some players came near us. All of a sudden we couldn't run or use anything. My guy was stuck in a drawn bow animation and we were easily killed. Was incredibly lame.

Compsiox

Banned

Crowbars are also hidden in places you wouldn't expect. Like a window sill or a shelf in the corner.

Chabbles

I just played a bit on a server i logged out of over 15 hours ago. Logged back in and backtracked the route i took yesterday while looting the same buildings and some new ones. All the containers i looted yesterday would open instantly without the timer as if i had recently opened them. no loot anywhere. The current loot system is complete bullshit. The containers need to refresh and not be in the same state 15 hours later... maybe tomorrows loot patch will do something about it.

v1lla21

Okay so there's a guy playing on Solace by the name of BishopTLGAF who is not to be trusted. Be careful out there if you see him.

Woo-Fu

Banned

You should let the devs know what your definition of "properly" is. I doubt they'll magically come up with it themselves.

The reality is that there is no good loot system. You either end up with most people running around with middle-ages gear like now, with most of the good gear only to be found on a handful of living players or you end up with everybody in top level gear 15m after they login. I prefer the scarce end of the spectrum otherwise I feel like I might as well be playing counterstrike.

Overdoziz

Banned
You should let the devs know what your definition of "properly" is. I doubt they'll magically come up with it themselves.
It not becoming a wasteland after the first day after an update would be a step in the right direction. H1Z1's loot system is weird.

Compsiox

Banned
I was just in the best Battle Royal gunfight ever!!!!

5 people with cars drove up including myself. Everyone got out and started unloading. 3 of the cars blew up 2 people were dead. As I began running away because I was out of AR15 ammo I got gunned down after making it a mile away. Fucking awesome though. I don't even care that i died.

JambiBum

For the people playing BR, I'll let you in on a secret. Unless you are at a great distance, shotgun>AR every time. Only time this doesn't really work obviously is if someone gets the drop on you. But if you are in an actual shootout at medium range, go with the shotgun.

Compsiox

Banned
For the people playing BR, I'll let you in on a secret. Unless you are at a great distance, shotgun>AR every time. Only time this doesn't really work obviously is if someone gets the drop on you. But if you are in an actual shootout at medium range, go with the shotgun.

Thanks mom!

Jerbs

Added my name to the list. I've loosely followed this thread. Could someone message me the teamspeak details? Thanks.

Edit: Tobor, i saw you earlier!

Me too, never actually fired a gun of any type. I've had an AR15 and a handgun but can never get the right ammo at the right time.

v1lla21

Going to party up with putyourhandsup and Versalo to play BR. 9 more kills and I'm in the top 10 :D
wow, made it to 16. Why the fuck does it not tell you which way to run when the cloud gets close? I was running the whole time and then I was enveloped.

Compsiox

Banned
Going to party up with putyourhandsup and Versalo to play BR. 9 more kills and I'm in the top 10 :D
wow, made it to 16. Why the fuck does it not tell you which way to run when the cloud gets close? I was running the whole time and then I was enveloped.

same here

Chabbles

The reality is that there is no good loot system. You either end up with most people running around with middle-ages gear like now, with most of the good gear only to be found on a handful of living players or you end up with everybody in top level gear 15m after they login. I prefer the scarce end of the spectrum otherwise I feel like I might as well be playing counterstrike.

Maybe have loot respawn inside and outside containers randomly, at a random time between 20 minutes to an hour, with rare items with a much lower % chance of spawning. If a town or area is high populated, have lower tier loot spawn in that area until it becomes less populated, and better loot spawn in low populated areas, encouraging players to move about and not camp spawns.

Im starting to think maybe their having some engine problems with stuff not respawning at all.

Top Bottom