• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

fZNSJpv.png

Links

Developer

Release Date
  • January 15 ,2015 10:00 AM PST

Platforms
  • PC
  • Playstation 4(Release Date TBD)

Versions
Standard Edition Bundle: 19.99
  • Early Access to H1Z1
  • 3 Event Tickets
  • 1 Key
  • 2 Crates

Premium Edition Bundle: 39.99
  • Early Access to H1Z1
  • 25 Event Tickets
  • 3 Airdrop Tickets
  • 4 Keys
  • 6 Crates
  • Exclusive Aviator Hat Crafting Recipe

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
  • Intel i3 Dual-Core with Hyper-Threading (required)
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher
  • DirectX: Version 10
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
  • DirectX: Version 10
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card

AX5mTi5.png

SURVIVAL MMO
The H1Z1 epidemic has driven civilization to a post-apocalyptic state. Alas, there is no zombie-free paradise, and you must use your skill and wits to survive against the elements, hordes of undead, and of course thousands of potentially hostile survivors. As an open PvP game, some players may be out to manipulate you; some may honestly be trying to help. Band together or fight each other for precious loot? Your choice.​

Intelligent Undead
Always looking for their next meal, your gunshot is the zombie dinner bell. zombies are programmed with emergent AI, making each encounter unpredictable. More players in your vicinity mean more zombie bait, so remember; there is not always safety in numbers.

Dynamic Environments
As you explore "Anytown, USA" you will discover H1Z1 is a living, breathing world with a dramatic day-to-night cycle, dynamic weather, and combustible environment. Be careful as darkness falls and the moon rises, zombies might not be the only things that creep up on you.​

Weapons & Vehicles
You can use an axe or your bare hands to fight off zombies and other survivors, but players will also have access to an array of weaponry which can be found, looted, or crafted to fit the need of any lethal situation. And, although they take a lot of effort and resources to repair and maintain, vehicles are an additional way to mow down opponents and are a huge advantage in survival and multi-passenger transportation.​

Expansive Crafting
There's not much left in the wake of the epidemic. Increase your chances of survival by scavenging for items in the nooks and crannies of abandoned cars, truck beds, homes, and sheds. Combine the materials you find to create tools, weapons, animal traps, water collectors, explosives, and more! Your survival depends on your ability to be creative with what you can find.​

Base Building
Protect yourself from the elements, enemies, and ever-impending undead by building a defensible base. Group with others to create heavily fortified location whether a customized shack, shanty town, or governor's mansion. Barricade yourself, your friends, and your possessions before you meet a sudden death and lose it all.​

Circle-of-Death
A fully-functional ecosystem of life (and death) means wildlife such as wolves, bears, and zombies have to eat too. Meanwhile, maintaining your health is essential to survival so hunting animals, setting traps, and foraging is vital to avoid starvation.​

Future Features
Once in Early Access, the H1Z1 feature set will continue to expand to include Player Ruleset Servers, the ability to play as a zombie, military gear, Air Drops, expanded selections of vehicles and weapons, increased customization, female player characters, an expanding map, and much, much more!​

HEXP45d.png

When will Early Access start?
We are launching on Steam Early Access on 1/15/15.

How much does Early Access Cost?
H1Z1 will be available for purchase through Steam Early Access for $19.99 USD and a second SKU will be $39.99.

What is Early Access?
Early Access is designed for those wishing to support the ongoing development of H1Z1 and be a part of shaping its future. Early Access allows us to develop H1Z1 side-by-side with the players and build lasting relationships with our community.

How long will Early Access last?
Our focus is on creating a great massively multiplayer zombie survival game rather than setting a timeframe for the duration of Early Access. We want to ensure that our players have the best experience possible at launch, so we want to take our time during Early Access to incorporate player feedback, work out any bugs, and adjust and expand features. Once we feel H1Z1 is ready, we will announce the next step in the development process. Sign up to receive our email updates and follow our social media channels to be in the know.

What will the game be like at Early Access?
At Early Access players can expect to see initial iterations of crafting, base building, combat, vehicles, circle-of-death, day / night cycle, weather, player vitals, hunting & forging, and, of course, Zombies, in the game.

H1Z1 is in the early stages of development, and it will continue to grow and evolve based off of the feedback we get from the players during Early Access. Players should anticipate an evolving feature set, bugs, incomplete content, missing features, occasional server downtime, and potentially game breaking issues. The H1Z1 development team will continue to create new features and may make significant changes based on the needs of the game and feedback from the players.

How can I influence the game’s design during Early Access?
We believe that player feedback should play a major role in the development of our games and invite players to join the open forum on Reddit to promote discussion and foster the relationship between our players and the development team. When visiting H1Z1.com you can directly participate in development by suggesting and voting upon what features get put into the game next.

How many players can one server host?
As with Landmark and PlanetSide 2, H1Z1 uses the ForgeLight engine so we have the potential to support thousands of players simultaneously in game. With H1Z1, however, we want to find the balance between it feeling like you are a zombie apocalypse survivor and having others to play with. As development continues we will adjust the number of players allowed on each server.

How will player servers work? When will they be implemented?
H1Z1 will be one of the first games ever to feature a Player Ruleset Server system, allowing players to the ability to vote on and create custom rule sets and attributes that suits their play style best. We are still working out details, but players can participate in the discussion thread on Reddit.

Will you have female characters in the game?
Yes, we are working on creating female characters and intend to have them implemented in the game in the near future.

Will H1Z1 be available on the PS4?
Yes, H1Z1 will be available on the PlayStation®4 but we don’t have a specific timeframe to share at this moment. We are excited about the PlayStation®4 and the opportunities it presents, but we are currently focused on launching H1Z1 on Steam Early Access for the PC.

How are you different than DayZ?
One of the main reasons we wanted to make a zombie survival game is because we are all fans of the survival genre. DayZ did a great job and we hope fans of the genre will enjoy our take on the zombie apocalypse as well. Our goal is to make H1Z1 fun, accessible, hard core, and super deep, and we can’t wait for players to get their hands on it.

What does ‘Survival MMO’ mean?
H1Z1 is a multiplayer survival MMO, a relatively new but growing genre. In a survival massively multiplayer online game, players must players align with friends and fight-off enemies in order to survive the worldwide infection.

Will you be able to play H1Z1 in Europe?
Yes, H1Z1 will be available through Steam Early Access in North America and Europe. We have plans to expand access in the future.​

oW3kxY3.png

1. Keep a Low Profile
Everything in H1Z1 wants you dead. It’s up to you to keep that from becoming a reality. The best way to get around and stay alive is to keep quiet. Zombies and other players are attracted to loud sounds such as chopping down a tree or starting up a car. You may want to keep yourself warm by the fire, but remember that fire creates smoke and can be seen from a great distance. You may find yourself in a pinch and have to fire a gun, but keep in mind that with that great power come great consequences. Sticking to a silent weapon like the bow will keep things quiet when you need to dispatch an enemy.​

2. Look Under Every Rock
The name of the game is scavenging. Leave no leaf unturned. When in a home or building, make sure you search it from top to bottom. You may come up empty handed because other survivors looted the place before you got there, but it is always worth looking. Everything you find is important to keeping you alive. You may think an empty water bottle is just trash, but you can fill it in the lake and boil it over a fire for fresh clean drinking water!​

3. The Hills are Alive
Zombies aren’t the only things running around out in the wild. In your travels you will come across a wide range of wildlife. That wolf may look like the family pet you used to have but don’t be fooled, they will take you down faster than you can blink. Deer are a great source of food but they can also be used as a distraction tool for the zombies. The undead will chase anything that moves – they don’t care what it is. And watch out for bears; don’t even think about taking one down unless you are very, very well armed.​

4. Crafting is Key
You won’t find everything you need right away, but you can eventually make it yourself. This is why it’s important to pick up all sorts of different materials. You never know what you can create until you try combining them through the discovery system. Learn simple things like bandages and progress to things like full structures. You’ll be surprised at the number of useful items you can make with your own two hands. Some things may require heat to make, so keep your eyes peeled for furnaces and camp fires.​

5. Have the Latest Information
If you are lucky enough to read this before all major infrastructures like electricity and the internet have gone down, then you are one of the fortunate few. Before you do anything else, make sure you follow us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest announcements regarding this H1Z1 apocalypse. Help us shape the world you are about to live in; make your voice heard on our Reddit page.​

6. Vehicles are a Gift and a Curse
Count your lucky stars if you come across one of the very rare working vehicles. They are the best way to get across the land quickly. You can use them to store your extra gear and when you’re inside, the dead can’t reach you. Be aware that the noise of the vehicle will instantly alert zombies and other survivors to your presence. Sure, you can run them over like an overpowered bowling ball but the amount of chaos you create will only draw more. Make sure you have all the parts you need to make the car run as well.​

7. Learn Who You Can Trust / Trust No One
You will inevitably run into other survivors in your travels but tread carefully when meeting another person for the first time. They are out here trying to survive at any cost, just like you are. Some will want to work together but others are living in a “kill or be killed” state of mind. Even your best friend might look at you a little differently when you find an extremely rare item…​

8. Know What You Signed Up For
Just like any other catastrophic world event, the landscape of H1Z1 will change a great deal as time goes on. Expect to encounter unforeseen consequences. Game crashes and bugs are just a part of life in Early Access, and we appreciate all of your bug reports and feedback! When things do go wrong, rest assured that a team of highly skilled people are working on the problem and will get things up and running as soon as zombily possible. Is that a word? It is now.​

9. Build Your Home…
After a period of living an uncomfortable, nomadic lifestyle, you may want to decide to set down roots. The benefits of setting up camp are many. You can create things like dew collectors to keep you supplied with water. You can plant crops in your yard for a steady source of food. The walls around your new home will keep you safe from the undead. They will require some maintenance but it will be worth it.​

10. …Defend It!
Your home base will quickly become the envy of all. It’s up to you to make sure a roving band of bandits don’t come to take everything you worked so hard for. It’s important to find someone who will help you defend your keep. Two pairs of eyes are better than one. You can also set up a series of traps for the unsuspecting bandits. Luring hordes of zombies just outside your walls is also a nice deterrent to would-be human looters – kind of a moat with undead. This is your new home in the apocalypse; defend it to your last breath!​

There are many, many more things to learn about surviving in H1Z1 and your knowledge will grow with time and experience. Good luck and stay alive!​

rFDlepb.png

Trailers
The Easy Life
The Dead Walk
My Evil Ways

Guides
Hunting, Crafting, Making Fire

Streams
Survivor Stream Intro
Survivor Stream with NGTZombies
Survivor Stream with CohhCarnage
Survivor Stream with Ellohime
Survivor Stream with Adrianne Curry
Survivor Stream with RHINOCRUNCH
Survivor Stream with itmeJP
Survivor Stream Recap

Development Footage
H1Z1 Dev Q&A
Zombie Animation Dance
Ambient Music Test
Day/Night Ambiance Test
Interior/Exterior Audio Effects Test
Work In Progress
H1Z1 Airdrops Reveal

Developer Spotlights
Dave Avram
Jeff Jonas
David Carter
Ruby Opfer
Ryan Zimmerman
Tim Lochner
Greg Spence
Lenny Gullo
Kris Roberts
Paul Carrico
Bill Yeatts
Mitch Evans
Mat Broome
Shaun Johnston
James Chin
Ryan Favale
Carson Steil

xtpO3EO.png

Gg8m2Ms.png

US Servers
PvP-Solace
PvE-No Hope
Hardcore-Cold Blooded

EU Servers
PvP-
PvE-
Hardcore-

Teamspeak
Server:BeEatNU.me
Rules: Please use GAF username and be respectful.

Spreadsheet
Add yourself or View(Quote To Reveal).

TheBear

I've never played one of these games but is there anything that sets it apart from DayZ etc.?
Does it share any similarities with State of Decay?

v1lla21

What exactly do you DO in this game though?

Great OT, a lot of information.

Unfortunately I won't be able to join the fun until next Friday.

Rembrandt

Banned
Goddamn @ all of those dev spotlight videos. Will keep a close eye on this while I wait for the PS4 version. I'm all for a console zombie survival mmo. I'm just curious to see if one will ever happen. DayZ definitely isn't.

Have they mentioned how many people per server yet? Can't find anything about that.

They are starting at 200. Depending on how well that works out they can go up or down if it feels too congested. As they expand the map the player limits will go up. Their goal is to eventually have a giant map with thousands in one server. They just want to make sure to balance the player density.

Yeah I'd put it in the OT but I don't want to confuse people. The trailer was fanmade and used the cryengine so none of that is H1Z1 footage. I believe we should be getting a launch trailer sometime.

I just had to use that title for a zombie game.

kcxiv

i cant wait, ill be playing tomorrow hopefully i have time at 10AM, its a bit early, but ill see if i can get on!

Should be alot of fun.

Looking forward to this, hope early access has enough content and not too much jank so it's fun. Been ages since I played the DayZ mod (never touched standalone), been wanting a good survival zombie game like it to scratch that itch for awhile. Will wait for impressions before biting the bullet.

I feel I learned my lesson from DayZ. I'll wait for a finished product before turning over my cash monies. Looking forward to it though....

creyas

Can't wait, instant buy when it's available

Not expecting it to be exactly amazing at this point, but we'll probably get enough laughs out of it

Chabbles

I feel I learned my lesson from DayZ. I'll wait for a finished product before turning over my cash monies. Looking forward to it though....

You wont have to turn over any cash monies if your waiting until its finished, since at that point it will go Free2Play.

Think ill jump in tomorrow at some point once no big bugs pop up when it goes live.

kcxiv

Huh. Have they indicated what the in-game purchases will be like? Weapons? Skins? Beans?
yeah, prettty much cosmetics only. No healing potitons, no weapons, no ammo. Basically just shirts, shoes, pants and headgear i think!

Just nothing that makes it Pay to WIN

Top Bottom