• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

I was walking to Cranberry with about 18 arrows and some berries and a guy used like a dozen bullets killing me and then said it was his revenge because I've killed him before... Even though I've yet to kill a single person on that server. Seems like the kos people have hallucinations or something because another time my friend and I were picking berries and some guys started to open fire and we managed to turn and gun them both down, when I approached them and said that's why you don't kos the guy said that we shot first.

Then I was just squatting in a trailer for about 10 minutes with a shotgun pointed at the door cause some guy tried to shoot me and then followed me, I heard his foot steps outside and I think he was still there when I logged out. I literally only had the shotgun, which he couldn't see when he shot me, and he was intent on having this standoff with me.

I just don't get it.

Chabbles

Has there been any news on when they plan on expanding the map ?, have they said whether this will happen during early access or after release ?

kcxiv

Has there been any news on when they plan on expanding the map ?, have they said whether this will happen during early access or after release ?

A dev that was on twitch last friday said theere will be more stuff added to the current map as well. No idea when, but that should be pretty cool too. alot of dead space at times.

Big changes coming.
Howdy everyone!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up on a couple of things on the horizon – our next publish and a special Battle Royale Weekend to test out our new queueing system and updates. Keep reading for details!

UPCOMING PUBLISH:
We’ll be releasing the next publish in the coming days and wanted to give you all a peek at the incoming changes.

We've made some significant improvements to the way Battle Royale matches are handled, fixing some of the issues you have been experiencing with queues, disconnects, end match placement and other anomalies. Battle Royale Updates include:

On-demand zones are now launched when enough players request a Battle Royale match. This means that the queues are now working, and players should not leave the queue once they have been placed in it.

Players that wait too long on the reward screen are automatically logged out (gracefully).
The winner is also automatically logged out after their celebration period.

Player population tracking has been improved, reducing the players who thought they were in the match, but were instead Battle Royale: registered in an invalid state. This had caused people to wait out the match and receive no rewards.

Should no longer drop crafting ingredients as part of the loot that spawns

Map visual Adjustments

Additionally, we’re doing a ton of fixes and updates to the main game, including new recipes and increased base building functionality.

All damaged base building pieces will now show health bars.

Damaged vehicles will show a health bar if you are near it and have a wrench to repair it.

The dew collector will now look like its basin is full of water when it is ready to be collected. The old splashing effect has been removed.

Crafting saline will no longer produce an empty bottle.

Crafting a first aid kit will return an empty bottle from the used up saline.

The recipe for the yeast starter has been modified to directly create yeast.

The recipe for yeast will now return an empty bottle from the used up purified water.

Barbed wire and punji sticks now have resistance to being shot with arrows.

Furnaces and barbecues now have less health.

Troll furnaces and barbecues can be removed the easiest with a crowbar. The crowbar’s description now reflects that.

Storage containers can now be destroyed. The new demolition hammer is the best way if you are the one that placed it. Otherwise explosives or crowbars will work. Please note that at this time if a container is destroyed with items in it, the items will be destroyed as well.

Added a new recipe for a Demolition Hammer. It can be discovered with a metal pipe. It is used to remove misplaced or unwanted base building structures that you have placed.
The demolition hammer can be used to do massive damage to base structures that you have placed. It will not work on other’s bases.

The demolition hammer will destroy base pieces in 2-8 hits depending on the size of the object. Please note the condition bar is not appearing over certain base items like the stairs or the large structures so you will not be able to see that damage to the condition is being applied.

Ethanol and Normal Torches can now be placed. When placed they will automatically be lit.

Zombies will now target the vehicle first instead of the player inside.

OffRoader has some minor geometry upgrades

A crosshair reticle has replaced the dot

The player will no longer see “you have been disconnected” message and the chat will be wiped on logging into another server

When sitting, pressing a movement key will automatically make you stand.

BATTLE ROYALE WEEKEND:
Battle Royale is getting a lot of improvements with this next publish and we want you to help us test them. To show our appreciation, all first place winners of BR matches this weekend will receive a special item and the top five winners of the weekend will earn another unique item. The event will take place from Friday at 3 p.m. PDT through Sunday at 6 p.m. PDT and we encourage everyone to jump in and send us your feedback.

kcxiv

I guess they want to change the word patch and change it to publish! lol

It does sound a bit better then patch! Anyways, i got my guy suited and booted with weapons and ready to go when servers come up. Well if im awake if not, then later in the day lol

Rambone

I'm not sure I'd actually enjoy the map being expanded, the world feels big enough the way it is. For example, trying to run from the middle of the map to Ranchito Taquito is quite the run and takes me nearly 20-30+ minutes between trying to figure out where I am and getting from point A to B. I can't imagine how long or how difficult it would be starting at the bottom of the map without trying to kill myself to get a better spawning position closer to my intended destination.

It would make more sense to have more things added to the map to keep it from feeling desolate and empty as opposed to expanding the map only to add on to the amount of emptiness and repetitiveness that already exists. If the map expands any further I hope there will be better transportation options (cars seem rare enough!) because running the distance of the map is such a pain in the ass to get back to whatever fort/base you created after dying and spawning somewhere else on the map.

Chabbles

I'm not sure I'd actually enjoy the map being expanded, the world feels big enough the way it is. For example, trying to run from the middle of the map to Ranchito Taquito is quite the run and takes me nearly 20-30+ minutes between trying to figure out where I am and getting from point A to B. I can't imagine how long or how difficult it would be starting at the bottom of the map without trying to kill myself to get a better spawning position closer to my intended destination.

It would make more sense to have more things added to the map to keep it from feeling desolate and empty as opposed to expanding the map only to add on to the amount of emptiness and repetitiveness that already exists. If the map expands any further I hope there will be better transportation options (cars seem rare enough!) because running the distance of the map is such a pain in the ass to get back to whatever fort/base you created after dying and spawning somewhere else on the map.

Yep i agree, afew comments back i said about giving whats already there a once over with another layer of detail and what not. It could use it, thats for sure. Probably more so than expanding the current map. Whats there right now is incredibly dull. imo.

kcxiv

There is going to be other modes of transportation such as bikes, it wouldnt take one that long to run from one side of the map to another if your on a bike and possibly motorbikes as time goes on.

Map needs to get bigger there is no doubt about it, but they also need to update the current map as time goes on. For now though, alot of other stuff needs to be fixed and updated and addressed before any of that happens.

Compsiox

Banned
I don't think the map will ever get bigger. At least not for more than a year.

In the video he says not in the forseeable future.

Then at the end when he talks about 12 months into the future he never says anything about map size.

I don't think the map will ever get bigger. At least not for more than a year.

In the video he says not in the forseeable future.

Then at the end when he talks about 12 months into the future he never says anything about map size.

They want to flesh out the existing map before making something larger. I'm OKAY with that. having the map being 16 times bigger right now really doesn't seem like it would be fun or have any benefit.

Compsiox

Banned
They want to flesh out the existing map before making something larger. I'm OKAY with that. having the map being 16 times bigger right now really doesn't seem like it would be fun or have any benefit.

Having some barren places with a trailer or two really makes the environment to me. It makes the map feel more open and constantly explorable without getting bored because too many landmarks makes it boring because you learn the location of everything.

derek212

I just got into pc games and want to pick this up. Is this still worth buying or should I wait until out of beta. Also should I over look this and get the other one day z ? Some have mentioned this game is dead ? Is it really ?

I just got into pc games and want to pick this up. Is this still worth buying or should I wait until out of beta. Also should I over look this and get the other one day z ? Some have mentioned this game is dead ? Is it really ?
Still has a very active playerbase. They made great changes to Battle Royale and building. It's a very solid game that's gettung big updates weekly. The gaf community ismoretty dead but it's nevet stoppee being a top seller on steam.

Compsiox

Banned

DayZ is bad. Don't buy it. The mod was genius but it only went down hill from there.

Overdoziz

Banned
DayZ:
Realistic gameplay
Large amount of guns, clothing and items
One vehicle
No basebuilding, only tents
Very poor performance in cities
Huge, detailed map
50 players max per server
Tiny amount of zombies

H1Z1:
Arcade-y gameplay
Small amount of guns, clothing and items
Three vehicles
Relatively expansive basebuilding
Good performance
Small, simple map
200 players max per server
Decent amount of zombies

Both have a healthy population.

Compsiox

Banned
DayZ:
Realistic gameplay
One vehicle
Huge, boring map
nonexistent amount of zombies

H1Z1:
Arcade-y gameplay
Three vehicles
Good performance
Small, simple map
Decent amount of zombies

FTFY

Lourio

Made a new spawn on Solace. Had a good hour or two of NICE looting only to die to some bastard who was supposedly 'friendly'. TRUST NO ONE.

It's a fun game but can be extremely aggravating lol. Hoping to cross path with some fellow GAFers.

My name is LourioGAF - say Hi -
and don't shoot!

Pachimari

Is this game still doing good with lots of updates? I haven't played since launch unfortunately, so I don't know if we have gotten new content besides balancing and spawning fixes since then.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is this game still doing good with lots of updates? I haven't played since launch unfortunately, so I don't know if we have gotten new content besides balancing and spawning fixes since then.
Aside from some small additions to basebuilding they haven't really added any content. It's been mostly stabilization.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
DayZ:
Realistic gameplay
One vehicle
Huge, detailed map
Tiny amount of zombies

H1Z1:
Arcade-y gameplay
Three vehicles
Good performance
Small, simple map
Decent amount of zombies

Both have a healthy population.

The crafting in H1Z1 is nice also

H1Z1 servers will come offline tonight at 3AM Pacific for 2 hours.

Patch Notes
Vehicles
-Vehicles now can start/stop the motor by pressing K.
-Characters now animate with look orientation and emote support while in vehicles. Visible from outside, 3rd person and 1st person views.
-Removing required parts from a vehicle load-out will stop the motor if it was running.
-Your camera state (third or first person) should now be preserved across entering and exiting a vehicle.

Crafting and Building
-Placement will now check the material underneath it to ensure it's a valid location. Example: foundation's can’t be placed on cement.
-You can now move while placing items. Not during jumping, crouching, or prone though.
Objects being placed have no collision while being placed. Once placed, they will then have collision again.
-Objects now turn a transparent red when they can’t be placed and a transparent green when they can be placed. To aid the color blind and color deficient, the object will also scale up and down to indicate it cannot be placed.
-Objects will require all four corners of its bounding box to be touching something in order to be placed. This is true for free placed items and for foundations. Socketted objects, however, will not check against this restriction.
-The placement object will follow the center of your screen – not your mouse.

Other Additions
-Added a Recurve Bow with better range, fire rate, and arrow speed. It replaces the current bow in Battle Royale. This new bow can be found in the core game around the world and cannot be crafted.
-Weapons will now appear on the player model
-Adjustments made to zombies versus wildlife population ratios in favor of more zombie spawns.
-Leaf FX and sound when you harvest blackberries
-Dot reticle has returned to 3P and does not change per weapon yet
-1P reticle will change per weapon
-Dot will be used for melee weapons and gun Iron sights
-Basic crosshair will be used for AR15 hip fire and 1911 hip fire
-Shotgun will use a circle for hipfire and iron sights
-1911 delay bug fixed, it will now be ready to fire or reload immediately after switching.

kcxiv

love that the guns are going on people's backs now when not equipped. Never knew if someone was just going to bust out a shotgun and blast you in the face. lol

great changes. i wanna see what other stuff they add that they dont put in patch notes that they like to sneak in there.

Pop

Solid update for today.

Like that the gun models will show now on your back. And I wanna try that new bow.

JustinBB7

Update is pretty good, but then there is bad news:

John Smedley @j_smedley

we've decided to offer a monthly pass for BR for $6.99 (699 SC). It's coming in the next few days. We are seeing much higher usage

John Smedley @j_smedley

of BR and we're very excited about it and wanted to offer an alternative to event tickets.

RIP BR

Top Bottom