• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 | LiveStream | 4PM PST

Salex_

This is a good foundation for an alpha. I think everyone should remember that word.

The animations/hit feedback looks great, driving looks great (especially the drifting), zombies AI looks meh so far, and interaction with the environment looks good at the core.

Need to see more features and other areas of the map.

RulkezX

I remember hearing that we will be able to play alpha for free in a few weeks time. Not sure if I understood that right from the info that was shared.

You heard wrong. It'll be released on Steam early access in a few weeks. Not free.

Early Access... just like all the other DayZ clones... and DayZ. I'm so jaded with this entire genre, everyone is chasing the same buck and none of them are doing anything different from the other guys. It's like a race to see who can be 'finished' first.

Salex_

Early Access... just like all the other DayZ clones... and DayZ. I'm so jaded with this entire genre, everyone is chasing the same buck and none of them are doing anything different from the other guys. It's like a race to see who can be 'finished' first.

I can already name two big differences between them and this....2000 players and a good engine.

On the plus side, it's nice to see developers embracing twitch and live streaming to showcase their game/ideas. That takes real balls, faith in your code and belief in the game to sell itself.

I guess it also shows how crazy popular twitch has become over the last 12 months.

RulkezX

I'd bet on the studio that actually has finished and successful titles under its belt.

Ahh I see, since the game will be free to play I imagined it to be free.

Even DOTA charged for early access at one point.

I'd imagine that early access buyers will get stuff in the full release.

Krakn3Dfx

Zombies seem a lot better than they are in DayZ.

Game at night seems terrifying, but I think a lot of it was the horrible pixelation on the feed.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
They won't have cross-platform play, not for a twitch survival shooter. PS4 players would get stomped hard.

I don't think this qualifies as a twitch shooter. Also, it would be fine. People overplay that advantage quite a lot.

KKRT00

Its scary how terrible they are at this game.

Also they do not present it in a good way. Where are informations about game mechanics?

KaiserBecks

As i have said before it doesn't take a genius developer to beat Day-Z. All that game has going for it is a great map.

That's a pretty big "all". I have yet to play a game with a map as "realistic" as Chernarus, especially if we're talking about the Stand Alone version. It's nice to hear SOE talk about features, base building, vehicles etc, but they should start with a believable world.
I don't want to downplay the game's obvious flaws, but atmosphere is key in a game like DayZ.

I'd bet on the studio that actually has finished and successful titles under its belt.

Bohemia doesn't?

HowZatOZ

Banned
I don't think this qualifies as a twitch shooter. Also, it would be fine. People overplay that advantage quite a lot.
Yeah seems like they aren't going the twitch route from what the devs mentioned. Still, interaction with console players would be rather slow and tedious, something I wouldn't want in a game about tactical survival. That advantage is pretty easy to see just by comparing console and PC gameplay, and we already know folks like Microsoft tested it and found it to be far too hard on console players.

HOLY SHIT YOU CAN BURN PEOPLE, 10/10!

syko de4d

Missed frst 30min because internet was just gone but what i see now looks really good. The engine really looks so much better than dayz and that with way more peoples at the end :O

Top Bottom