• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacker releases new season of Orange Is The New Black ahead of June premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
May is stacked for Netflix originals. They can easily just put it out early in place of one of those other shows. This hacker is fucking dumb

NightOnyx

I really doubt Netflix cared all that much, so it's not surprising that they never responded. It's not like Netflix is relying on on OITNB to get some high ratings to get paid by advertisers like a show on regular TV does. Netflix cares about subscribers, and while I'm sure there may be a handful of people that only subscribe to Netflix for OITNB, I think the vast majority of people subscribe for the many different shows and movies available. So I really doubt there is going to be any type of significant hit to Netflix subscriber count because people are going to cancel and just download the season off of Piratebay.

ElRenoRaven

I just can't stop laughing at the idiots name. It's like something you'd find a "hacker" calling themselves in the early dial up days. Cue Darthvader voice. I am The Dark Overlord. lmao

Do people still torrent tv shows anymore? I feel like OitNB is one of those shows that people don't really mind waiting another month for in order to watch it from the comfort of their tv.

Nafai1123

Banned
which part? releasing it as a hacker, the blackmailing of netflix? downloading it as a person? Not waiting until June? Which part?

The hacker releasing it or the people downloading it. Take your pick. Seems like most people have access to Netflix nowadays and it releases so soon.

Do people still torrent tv shows anymore? I feel like OitNB is one of those shows that people don't really mind waiting another month for in order to watch it from the comfort of their tv.

Yes

Torrent movie/show -> download PLEX -> launch PLEX on TV and it's the same thing as if you launched it through a legit alternative. But only you get to watch it sooner.

Not saying I do these terrible things of course, just answering your question.

I'm guessing Netflix doesn't care too much. Forget this loser, release it as scheduled and tighten up security in the future to prevent it happening again.

OINTB is one of those shows that I'll gladly watch when the new episodes drop, but don't really care enough about it to watch a rough leak two months ahead of time. Netflix is presumably banking on most of its fans sharing that train of thought.

Screeners aren't out yet, how the heck did he get them?

The first episode opens with something from the staff who colour corrected it, it looks like they hacked the company that had the masters. Might've happened a while ago too because the first one is dated 8/12/16.

Hazmat

OINTB is one of those shows that I'll gladly watch when the new episodes drop, but don't really care enough about it to watch a rough leak two months ahead of time. Netflix is presumably banking on most of its fans sharing that train of thought.

Yeah, I don't live in fear of OitNB spoilers. I'd be worried if this was Game of Thrones.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Netflix is so cheap and almost everyone has it on a number of devices. I just don't think they care that much. Now if this was Game of Thrones...

dLMN8R

The most recent season of Orange is the New Black was the best yet. Some incredible performances and just all around super enjoyable characters to watch and learn about.

riotous

Banned
Netflix should produce a version of episodes 11-13 where everyone is dubbed with pirate voice overs and if anyone skips 1-10 on the service they are stuck with that version.

The most recent season of Orange is the New Black was the best yet. Some incredible performances and just all around super enjoyable characters to watch and learn about.

Agreed. I was getting tired of it but season 4 made me love it again. It's by far the best show Netflix has.

necrosis

can't imagine this will really cost netflix much

anyone that torrents the show now was probably already planning to do so in june (and even if not, i can't imagine many people unsubscribing from the service just because they watched a few episodes early)

Sapiens

You can't be serious...

I mean, it was so obvious what the context was.

You know, I was going to give the show the benefit of the doubt, but then I remember how hard over the head they hit you with things - and that there is very little subtlety - which makes me thing that she actually is some kind of shape shifting vampire.

The guy is fucked now. I'm pretty sure Netflix will have no problem using some of their revenue to try to find out the identity of the hacker.

NandoGip

Anyone check it out? I'm curious to see if they're unfinished. I've never seen the show, is it a 10-episode season format or is it only some of the show that was leaked?

Drain You

This is stupid. Even if Netflix decided to push their release date up I have so many other Netflix originals this month coming out I doubt if even get to it till June. You do you Netflix.

The Hobo

Netflix should produce a version of episodes 11-13 where everyone is dubbed with pirate voice overs and if anyone skips 1-10 on the service they are stuck with that version.

Is that meant to be a deterrent? Because it sounds like it would be pretty cool.

WarrenD

Anyone check it out? I'm curious to see if they're unfinished. I've never seen the show, is it a 10-episode season format or is it only some of the show that was leaked?
Reading Reddit it's not a whole season, looks like it'll be 13 again. There's also a lot of work yet to be done with things like effects missing and even some sound not dubbed.

Basically it's recommended to avoid until it's on Netflix unless you like incomplete versions.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I haven't even heard spoilers about last seasons cliffhanger yet.

I don't think people care about this show as much as the hacker thought they did.

Nose Master

Sounds like a sting operation to me. Don't get caught with your pants down, gaf.

Really though it's probably just marketing.

From what I hearrrrrrr, they are slightly unfinished. For instance is some one is talking off screen (aka you dont see them talking) its jut a fill in voice. Also anytime someone is looking at a cell phone the words on the phone appear outside the phone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom