• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacker releases new season of Orange Is The New Black ahead of June premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
What, is the pirate bay still around?

Still better to watch it on Netflix, and more legal.

Good on Netflix to not caving.

Since they ended last season on a bit of a cliffhanger I am somewhat curious to check it out early. I'm sure the quality is shit though. Plus you'll have to wait for the last three and they've probably got studio trackers monitoring that upload.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Whaaat? We stopped after season one. What are you talking about here?
Season 2 finale spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAbSJ0i5sHU

A character sick with cancer is shown as her younger self for a few seconds after she escapes the prison and finds her freedom again. There were flashbacks with her looking like that before and it's her final scene in the show.

It's a sweet moment and obviously not intended to be taken as a literal shapeshift, but it's hilarious that someone might think so.

I feel really bad for the post-production company these were stolen from. I hope Netflix was up to speed on this and understands their predicament.

Zach

A character sick with cancer is shown as her younger self for a few seconds after she escapes the prison and finds her freedom again. There were flashbacks with her looking like that before and it's her final scene in the show.

It's a sweet moment and obviously not intended to be taken as a literal shapeshift, but it's hilarious that someone might think so.
Ooh. Heh. Thanks.

platakul

Banned
Meh, it's on Netflix which is one of the easiest ways to watch tv. No idea why they bother doing this.
And I don't think the shows primary audience needs it RIGHT now. In fact I don't think Netflix has a show like that necessarily. Now if this guy got game of thrones?

Carcetti

Hahahaha! Watching TV seems really hard for some people.

Dali

Is this show really something people would become part of this guys bot net for? Are people really so eager that they'd download 11 gigs of crap rather than just wait a month to stream it?

Haha I've seen every episode and when I saw that guy's comment I was like I have literally no idea what moment he's talking about, thank you for explaining. That is a sweet moment, if someone doesn't get it what can you do?

PL39q9u.jpg
Holy shit, that is Tin Tin!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Even Netflix releases the whole season at the same time what's with this 10 episodes per release plan?

Thedarkoverlord is running an awful streaming service.

Tagg9

Apparently the leak occurred back in December. Some of the episodes are missing effects and color correction. No idea what the hacker hoped to achieve with this.

Wdblbhx.png

Social

Is this show really something people would become part of this guys bot net for? Are people really so eager that they'd download 11 gigs of crap rather than just wait a month to stream it?

If by crap you mean 10 legit episodes of the new season, then yes, yes they are so eager.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Meh, it's on Netflix which is one of the easiest ways to watch tv. No idea why they bother doing this.

It isn't about netflix, it isn't about tv. It is about doing something somebody doesn't want you to be able to do and doing it before any of your peers.

He gets steet cred, at the very least.

No idea what the hacker hoped to achieve with this.

Simply doing it was the achievement. Anything else is gravy.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
TheDarkOverlord said:
“We’re quite ashamed to breathe the same air as you. We figured a pragmatic business such as yourselves would see and understand the benefits of cooperating with a reasonable and merciful entity like ourselves.”

Is this some sort of Cringe Rorschach test?

Dudes probably sipping his mountain dew and maniacally laughing to himself in the basement while he digs around in his cargo shorts for his vape pen

You sure did teach those guys at Netflix, thedarkfedora

And I don't think the shows primary audience needs it RIGHT now. In fact I don't think Netflix has a show like that necessarily. Now if this guy got game of thrones?

I feel like this is the primary downside to dumping everything at once. There is no week to week craving for episodes. You consume, then move on.

RedHill

Banned
Thanks everyone for coming into this thread to let everyone know when and why you stopped watching the show. Everyone wants to read it.

Yaska

Huge week in regards of copyrights, thanks for the link, found out that the CJEU sentence in BREIN vs. Filmspeler came out which practically outlawed streaming in EU from illegal sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom