• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Had Ben&Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup for the 1st time, I have feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Was craving some Ben & Jerry's and went to buy the GOAT Chunky Monkey but they didn't have it. But I found Peanut Butter Cup for the first time in my life so I said why not and bought it. Some notes before we get to the review.

1. Peanut Butter is not as big of a thing in Germany as it is in the US. First time I ate Peanut Butter was like 3 years ago.
2. That means that not every super market actually sells PB and if they do it's most likely a single (shitty) brand with the two variations crunchy and smooth. #
StopTheCrunchyHate
3. Best PB = ültje PB
4. I love PB.

Anyway, I just tried it and it's weird.

IT TASTES JUST LIKE PEANUT BUTTER
LIKE "EATING PB OUT OF A JAR"

But is that what I want out of ice cream?
Is that what I'm looking for?
Has ice cream gone too far?

I am confused.

The Peanut Butter Cups are amazing tho

peanut-butter-cup-detail.png

dukeoflegs

I haven't had peanut butter ice cream in a long time. I should go get some, but it is cold and rainy out.

I make peanut butter cookies with crunchy peanut butter and I put a mini Reese's Peanut Butter cup on top. They are so damn good and they stay soft for weeks.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
bruh that look so good right now i'm about to die

Quikies83

definitely thread worthy - this particular one is legit.

edit: Nevermind. Thought this was the same one but with the peanut butter fudge core!

peanu-butter-fudge.jpg

scamander

Banned
I like that one better:

82902011_H.jpg

Don't know if it's still available in Germany, but it definitely has been.^^

EDIT: Chunky Monkey is my favourite, though. *brofist*

Hazmat

I love peanut butter, but I've never been impressed by peanut butter ice cream. Peanut butter cups in ice cream (or anything, really) is great though.

Its a good one, but has gotten pretty hard to find in my area. Used to be everywhere.

Favorite B&J would be karamel sutra. So good.

Fisty

OP go for Everything But The...

Its got the cups but its like a candygasm in your mouth. I love peanut butter but im not a fan of Peanut Butter flavored ice cream, so i can understand your feelings

wihio

[snip]
They are so damn good and they stay soft for weeks.

How do they last for weeks?!

I am still mourning the loss of B&J Southern Pecan Pie...

I am also sure that adding your own peanut butter to most ice creams, especially chocolate, > any peanut butter flavored ice cream.

El Odio

Banned
definitely thread worthy - this particular one is legit.

edit: Nevermind. Thought this was the same one but with the peanut butter fudge core!

peanu-butter-fudge.jpg
This is the true GOAT. Anyone else is lying to you.

I like that one better:

82902011_H.jpg

Don't know if it's still available in Germany, but it definitely has been.^^

EDIT: Chunky Monkey is my favourite, though. *brofist*
I always wanted to try this one but can never find it anywhere.

Oogedei

I agree with you OP, it tastes exactly like PB and that's why I love it so much. It actually tastes like fucking PB and not artificial or fake like other ones.
I don't understand you Muricans tho. I thought you want to have our money? Get me some of these awesome looking flavors! We get like 20% of your cool flavors here in Germany, it just sucks.

AceofHeart

Neo Member
Half baked is the best out of all of them in my opinion. Delicious every time. It takes serious willpower to not finish the whole thing.

Amalthea

Banned
I love PB B&J so much, despite being a fellow Uropian.The other day I saw a woman buy a big container of it, nodded inside like Robert Redford.

And Utjes PB sounds like it could be amazing...

Roc

Neo Member
Alright. Take the peant butter and jelly, mix them together then put them on the sandwich.

You can thank me later.

Mistake

Every time I have the strawberry cheesecake I'm very close to needing new pants. Unfortunately, where I live now all the ice cream is junk, but when I go back home in the summer I plan on getting diabetes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom