• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Had Ben&Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup for the 1st time, I have feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliesen

This doesn't make any sense.

it does make sense. The peanut butter flavour on this ice cream is very subtle and it's mostly the combination with the chocolate.

Just because someone like's Reese's peanut butter cups doesn't mean they need to be into peanut butter by itself :p

Might be that Ayumi's just in the "sweet-with-a-hint-of-salty" aspect, not the peanut-ness.

Also, i really don't like the fact that any kind of Ben&Jerries thread ends up being "wrong. this is best" "wrong, this is GOAT"

let's be honest, they're all amazing.

oti

Banned
it does make sense. The peanut butter flavour on this ice cream is very subtle and it's mostly the combination with the chocolate.

"The peanut butter flavour on this ice cream is very subtle"

- wat

"it does make sense"

- liking something that tastes exaclty like something you don't like doesn't make any sense, maybe it's the different texture or something and I'm not saying it does have to make sense (we're not talking ice cream science over here) but no, it doesn't make sense

Fliesen

- wat

"it does make sense"

- liking something that tastes exaclty like something you don't like doesn't make any sense, maybe it's the different texture or something and I'm not saying it does have to make sense (we're not talking ice cream science over here) but no, it doesn't make sense

The peanut butter flavour on B&J ice cream is not as intense as the peanut butter flavour on pure peanut butter.
Also, peanut butter by itself lacks the sweetness of chocolate.

i don't see how that is so hard to understand.

B&J peanut butter ice cream does not taste exactly like peanut butter from a jar.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
They have about 5 flavors of B&J here and it always clearly melted during shipping on the way over and was then refrozen so it's all fucked up looking like some sad inbred birth defect laden version of ice cream. I open that lid and find Sloth from the goonies staring back at me.
Still tastes amazing though.

oti

Banned
B&J peanut butter ice cream does not taste exactly like peanut butter from a jar.

image.php

Fliesen

I like being Avatar quoted like the next guy, but you have know that there's a difference between "XYZ flavoured" and "XYZ".
it's about combination of flavours.

you can like ketchup and dislike tomatoes.
You can like guacamole but dislike eating a raw avocado.

There's people who don't like peanut butter but they do like Reese's peanut butter cups, Snickers and stuff.

Grassy

We only have a limited amount of flavours in Australia, but they just released a few of the 'Core' variants here in the last week or so. The Karamel Sutra with caramel core...omfg...omfg

jeremy1456

Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup kinda sucks. That's like when you're making ice cream super high and just throw in what you like.

The whole thing is sloppy and you could find cheaper varieties that taste way better. You can literally get a better flavor from eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream and throwing peanut butter cups on it.

On another note the 'core' line of ben and jerry's can be good. Someone posted one with obvious jelly in it thought and what the fuck? Jelly and preserves are fucking disgusting in ice cream.

Moosichu

Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup kinda sucks. That's like when you're making ice cream super high and just throw in what you like.

The whole thing is sloppy and you could find cheaper varieties that taste way better. You can literally get a better flavor from eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream and throwing peanut butter cups on it.

On another note the 'core' line of ben and jerry's can be good. Someone posted one with obvious jelly in it thought and what the fuck? Jelly and preserves are fucking disgusting in ice cream.

Here's a good 'core'. Like peanut butter Biscoff/Speculoos spread.

UtterPBClutter_closed.png

Ayumi

- wat

"it does make sense"

The peanut butter flavour on B&J ice cream is not as intense as the peanut butter flavour on pure peanut butter.
Also, peanut butter by itself lacks the sweetness of chocolate.

i don't see how that is so hard to understand.

It isn't about the flavor, it's about the texture, and how you eat it. Peanut butter is just too strong for me. I'm not that big of a fan of peanuts itself, but I don't mind them. But I really like the combination of chocolate, ice cream and peanut. (I tried Reese's before, they were "too much peanut" for my taste.)

Peanut butter cups mixed into ice cream does not taste much like the peanut butter I have tried. I like whiskey and coke mixed, but I'm not a fan of straight whiskey. Kind of the same thing.

Are you guys really arguing about this though? lol

@Fliesen: Totally agree - there isn't a right or wrong! Of course people have different tastes, and there is always at least one Ben & Jerry's to please anyone. :3

i was super hyped when i saw this in the store for the first time like 6 months ago. i didn't like it as much as i wanted to.

i love me some cups.

oti

Banned
Are you guys really arguing about this though? lol

Yes

i was super hyped when i saw this in the store for the first time like 6 months ago. i didn't like it as much as i wanted to.

i love me some cups.

I won't get it again. It's just too much like PB. Was my first time trying PB ice cream so maybe that's just normal. Only place that sells the cups is a huge market with an international section. But they are really expensive. :(

scamander

Banned
Only place that sells the cups is a huge market with an international section. But they are really expensive. :(

Okay, right now I live in Kassel, which is (for the people from outside of Germany) like the German version of Detroit, but more provincial. I can get it in pretty much every supermarket here, that isn't a discounter. So, Hamburger Jung, are you fucking with me?

oti

Banned
Okay, right now I live in Kassel, which is (for the people from outside of Germany) like the German version of Detroit, but more provincial. I can get it in pretty much every supermarket here, that isn't a discounter. So, Hamburger Jung, are you fucking with me?

You can get PB Cups in every super market?
Are you sure you live in Germany?
Look outside the window. What do you see? American flags by any chance?

scamander

Banned
^
in a thread about Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup flavour. Who could possibly misunderstand you. .P

Just call them Reese's Jeez.
The chocolate also has a really unpleasant texture, if you eat them on their own.
You Butterkuchenstück!

I won't get it again. It's just too much like PB. Was my first time trying PB ice cream so maybe that's just normal. Only place that sells the cups is a huge market with an international section. But they are really expensive. :(

yeah. flying over to the US and filling the bag with them is probably cheaper than just buying a handful around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom