• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Half-Life 3" on Valves bug tracker confirms HL3 is in dev (46dev), L4D3 hits 71 devs

Squishy3

Gemüsepizza;84231787 said:
Maybe, but it's still not even officially announced. Duke Nukem Forever for example was officially announced at April 28, 1997, it could still be years full of great jokes and funny replies until the actual release of HL3 lol!
I wonder if Half-Life 3 will be finished by Gearbox. Valve already has a relationship with them over Half-Life already.

hlakrzu.png

Ocaso

This might be a stupid question, but where should I start with this series? i want to get into it based on all the hype, but I see most people absolutely loving episode 2 but nothing else really. So, recommendations?

Play them all starting with the original. Black Mesa exists, and it's well made and definitely looks better than the original, but different enemy AI and the fact that it's missing the entire final third of the game means Half Life Source is probably a better bet. It'll look dated, but it'll still be fun.

chadboban

Oh God the wait for this has been killing me!! Wonder how long it will be till we get some sort of confirmation from valve.

Jaded

Banned

I remember that day so well, i literally had to walk 3 miles to my nearest(back way when) EB Games to grab that beautiful big orange box that fedex was late delievering, best 3 mile walk ever!! Thank god for DD and Steam for HL2 though!!!

MikeDown

Banned
Half Life released in 1998. Half Life 2 released in 2004. 2004-1998= 6 It's now 2013, 2013- 2004=9 9-6=3 Half Life 3 Confirmed.

wizzbang

Banned
They don't need to file it to protect the HL3 name.

QrRDjWI.png

Also, if this was simply to protect the name, they would've done this a while ago. Why wait 6 years?

Honestly, I'm kind of over the whole thing. I shot my wad on the big Korea thing a while back
ku-xlarge.jpg

That was basically me.

Fuck it, I'm just so over it - protect it, do whatever. I don't even know what I expect of the game. I really don't.

What if its a launch title for the Steam Machine, and is a 30-day exclusive to it? Insane, or good business strategy to get people to buy Steam Machine?

Top Bottom