• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 coming to iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Please don't crush the dream again Frankie!

Also add in ranks and Matchmaking!

You don't need Frank to crush the dream, because common sense will. Halo coming to Mac would only happen if ol' Don showed up to work drunk and delirious. There isn't a market there. Steam support for them is more likely than any Mac support.

Grief.exe

More Tweets confirming something is happening this month.

tyA2m3b.png
kWEepGX.png

iOS controller support. Good timing.

Isn't Halo 1-3 suppose to be in the steam registry?

It is in the Steam registry, check third post of the thread.

AppID has now been deleted though, theoretically they could have moved development to another AppID with more security measures in place.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'd love to see a Halo remake on Steam. Bring it on.

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't know, this post refers at the "Reclaimer Saga" still as Trilogy, even if it was posted after Microsoft announced that it's not a trilogy anymore.
I mean, if he doesn't even get public informations right, I don't really trust his source. :lol
He actually refers to the original trilogy as the Reclaimer Trilogy for better or worse. Also, 343 announced it turned into a saga rather than trilogy well before Halo 4 was even released.

You don't need Frank to crush the dream, because common sense will. Halo coming to Mac would only happen if ol' Don showed up to work drunk and delirious. There isn't a market there. Steam support for them is more likely than any Mac support.

I dunno, the market for Mac games seem present. Why else would GOG be making and supporting Mac versions of their classic games?

dr_rus

Funny thing you know, Halo is on Mac since December 2003.

We should be hearing something within the month.

Evidence is pointing towards GFWL being shutdown to a certain extent.

Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum both added Steam Achievements. Bioshock 2 and Arkham City are getting constant registry updates.

I mean, it's probably a given at this point, but it would be nice to have official confirmation. Also, I hope they don't remove GFWL too soon, as I kind of want to play through Bioshock 2 first and have it as played on my gamertag (weird and crazy I know).

I would put my Bison Dollars on Q4 2013 or Q1 2014.

Around Xbone release date I guess.

That's what I was guessing. I wonder if the multiplayer will have a strong online community. On Steam surely it will, I would hope.

Looks like Microsoft will be supporting iOS sooner than Nintendo will! (lol).

They already do. There's a Kinectimals game on iOS, and the game Wordament where you can earn achievements for your gamertag. Also something called Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin.

Rashid

Banned
I would definitely try Halo if it came to PC. All I've played is a brief multiplayer game of Halo 4 on a friend's 360. And it was really good, actually.

Grief.exe

I mean, it's probably a given at this point, but it would be nice to have official confirmation. Also, I hope they don't remove GFWL too soon, as I kind of want to play through Bioshock 2 first and have it as played on my gamertag (weird and crazy I know).

I would suggest playing it as soon as possible. Judging by the frequency of updates and both games have QA betas, the change seems to be imminent.

GFWL and Securom from one game makes me shudder.

Kuroyume

Banned
Can't see that many PC gamers giving a shit about H3. Just release H2 on steam without the gfwl garbage. Does H2 Vista work on windows 7?

Papytendo

I would definitely try Halo if it came to PC. All I've played is a brief multiplayer game of Halo 4 on a friend's 360. And it was really good, actually.

It's sad to know generations of children are going to grow up and not play Halo 3 Custom Games.

You can do it Microsoft, I believe in you. ;_;

zeelman

I just put Halo 2 back on my computer the other day so I can try and finish it to get those achievements. I hope that rumor about Halo 3 on the PC is true.

Karl2177

I dunno, the market for Mac games seem present. Why else would GOG be making and supporting Mac versions of their classic games?
Not sure. I didn't realize that many classic games were having a Mac release.

Funny thing you know, Halo is on Mac since December 2003.

That was before Mattrick though. I'm pretty sure Bungie also wanted it to go to Mac, with their Marathon roots and all.

I would suggest playing it as soon as possible. Judging by the frequency of updates and both games have QA betas, the change seems to be imminent.

GFWL and Securom from one game makes me shudder.

Damn, I guess I better start playing through Bio 1 and 2 then. And finish up Arkham City.

Speaking of Securom, will they be removing that as well?

Sibylus

Banned
Can't see that many PC gamers giving a shit about H3. Just release H2 on steam without the gfwl garbage. Does H2 Vista work on windows 7?
Played 1-3 on console, and I'd rather not miss out on some H3 stuff on PC (especially in campaign and BTB).

SeanR1221

iOS instead of WP8. Geez. MS needs to figure a way to make Xbox achievements possible on iOS since they port all their stuff onto the platform.

Oh and if this does happen right around controller support it will be nuts.

Edit: oh wait wordament had live support I almost forgot.

Cheebo

Banned
Microsoft already has released a few iOS games too. This wouldn't be that surprising.

On another note all of Bungie's Marathon games are on iOS too.

Havok

If this is something that's actually happening, I hope they do it right. That involves putting up matchmaking servers for Halo 2 with the same playlist settings that were there when the original Xbox Live servers went down so there's a way to get the great gametype and map combinations that Halo 2 had in matchmaking by the end of its life. Having a server browser is a nice addition that should be kept so that the communities can still have their (awful, awful, awful) wacky gametype settings that they're running even now on H2V, but I don't think that should be the standard when the playlist setup was such a defining element of that game.

Katyusha

God, I really hope Halo 3 being on PC is true. Despite owning a 360, I never owned Halo 3, just rented it multiple times.

It will be amazing to experience it all again in 1080p and 60fps (if the port is good, of course.)

XPE

The Halo 3 remake seems unlikely unless remake means minimal effort, tho I hope Halo 3 does come to PC as I haven't played it yet and enjoyed the 1st and 2nd games.

God, I really hope Halo 3 being on PC is true. Despite owning a 360, I never owned Halo 3, just rented it multiple times.

It will be amazing to experience it all again in 1080p and 60fps (if the port is good, of course.)

Do you still have your 360, and do you have Gold?

Katyusha

Do you still have your 360, and do you have Gold?

I know about that free game incentive they're doing for gold members. I don't have gold, haven't had it in over a year.

And if I'm going to be playing Halo 3 again, I'm gonna play it on my PC on Steam, in 1080p and 60 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom