• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 swedish controverstory

Tieno

Dahbomb said:
Now that's a LE worth paying extra for.
I don't think that'll be 70$, more leaning toward 100$. I'd buy it though. I love Halo and still regret it I didn't get the Halo 2 LE.

BuzzJive

So 3 remade levels and a couple of new weapons - plus a vehicle that they almost had done for Halo 2. Combined with the new "Gold members get things sooner" thing going on, it really feels like we'll be seeing a Halo 3 demo soon.

Funky Papa said:
Not sure if Bungie should show the MP first. Halo has never been a looker in that respect.

Halo has never been a looker in any respect, with the possible exception of pyrotechnics and atmospheric effects. It's all been forgiven because of the scale of the battlefields and the general focus of the game, but the games have never been particularily pretty.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Halo has never been a looker in any respect, with the possible exception of pyrotechnics and atmospheric effects. It's all been forgiven because of the scale of the battlefields and the general focus of the game, but the games have never been particularily pretty.
What? really? What last-gen games looked better than Halo 2?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Err... I know the graphics are in the "early" stages but uhh... from what I see in those scans Halo 3 doesn't look that better than Halo 2... wtf?

bigger pics are needed

that said, the info has me hyped!!! :) nail grenade FTW

Borys said:
Halo is not about the graphics, Gears are.

Halo is about fighting the ****ing Covenant scum!

Halo has everything going for it. Graphics. gameplay, music, controls, story, multiplayer. YOU ARE WRONG!

B E N K E

Halo 2.5, at least when it comes to multiplayer. That's what I heard and it certainly looks like it judging from the mp screens.

Kabouter

Borys said:
Halo is not about the graphics

Well, that explains a lot :)
Though I think Halo 1 and Halo 2 looked quite nice when compared to the other games on the platform. They certainly weren't eclipsed graphically by games released a year before.

Guys, guys, guys.... How many ****ing times will we have to go through this?? Next gen games shouldn't be shown at an early stage!!! I mean just look at GoW, everything has improved DRASTICALLY since the E3 showing a couple of years ago. Halo 2.5? :lol Bungie already said the textures and lighting were placeholder.... please take that into consideration before posting posting dumb shit.

Shit man not even three pages and I already want to bust out with the "Dear God Please Make it stop" pictures.

Please somebody make some PS3 game threads so I can troll them. That would make my day.

Jeff-DSA

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Bots are fucking lame. You get no satisfaction in killing a bot, they're just there to annoy you. Why anyone would be clamoring for 'em is beyond me.

Did you not read what I said? It's so that you can explore the multiplayer levels with some target practice BEFORE going online. It's something that plenty people have asked for in the past.

So any theories on the X button to get this back on track? Would they do something as drastic as a cover system? Tuck and run? Lean?

Frenck

Banned
The X-button will have a special use which Bungie will not reveal.

image101sb1.gif

Confirmed

PnCIa

I think what really stands out is the lighting. Besides that...hmmm we´ll see.
But I don´t f*cking count of Bungie´s *oh wait, those are only placeholders and other unfinished crap* comments, they said the same thing about Halo 2 and it never looked much better than the first pre E3 2003 screens. Placeholders exist to give an indication of how things will look like...but they´re unpolished.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Shit man not even three pages and I already want to bust out with the "Dear God Please Make it stop" pictures.

Please somebody make some PS3 game threads so I can troll them. That would make my day.

uhh I don't see any PS3 fans here. I see two PC doodz (Borys and Kabuter) and one Nintendo guy (Unison) and Flatout NL just trolls everything

B E N K E

Doom_Bringer said:
Guys, guys, guys.... How many ****ing times will we have to go through this?? Next gen games shouldn't be shown at an early stage!!! I mean just look at GoW, everything has improved DRASTICALLY since the E3 showing a couple of years ago. Halo 2.5? :lol Bungie already said the textures and lighting were placeholder.... please take that into consideration before posting posting dumb shit.

I've spoken to several people who have played it and I've seen the screens in full resolution. Please take that into consideration before your damage control. Singleplayer apparentely looks great.

Luckett_X

Banned
Jesus tits, are your peoples eyes evolved beyond the level of the rest of us? Do they see blurry cam shots of pages, and access a dimension of sight that shoots through the passages of time and space, revealing the clarity of the entire game and image in a sort of enlightening process that ravished your entire body with shivering power?

One thing I am expecting from Bungie is to match Lost Planet for explosions and level effects. I want to snow and shit thrown into the air in Frostbite, absurdly realistic explosions and damageable terrain. It was promised for Halo 2, so it better ****ing well rear its head on Halo 3, the NEXT-GEN sequel rather than expecting me to get all in a frizzy about 2 added weapons.

Jeff-DSA said:
Did you not read what I said? It's so that you can explore the multiplayer levels with some target practice BEFORE going online. It's something that plenty people have asked for in the past.

Hear that sound? That's the sound of five million people cancelling their Halo 3 preorders.

But hey nevermind at least you're not trolling the graphics. This thread has already turned to shit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Even though the graphics don't really surprise me...the generic ass sounding guns do. I mean...we go from the sniper rifle in resistance to shit like this...

IMAGINATION is key.

B E N K E said:
I've spoken to several people who have played it and I've seen the screens in full resolution. Please take that into consideration before your damage control. Singleplayer apparentely looks great.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would the multiplayer game be running on a different inferior engine? And BTW I was just repeating what Bungie said in their last update (the textures and lighting were placeholder)

Oldschoolgamer said:
Even though the graphics don't really surprise me...the generic ass sounding guns do. I mean...we go from the sniper rifle in resistance to shit like this...

IMAGINATION is key.

Yes because the imaginative weapons are so popular in Halo MP.

IIRC GRAW runs on a modified GR2 engine in multiplayer.

I never liked the art used for architecture and landscape in the Halo series. Doesn't look like they're changing it either. :/

Tieno

Doom_Bringer said:
That doesn't make any sense. Why would the multiplayer game be running on a different inferior engine? And BTW I was just repeating what Bungie said in their last update (the textures and lighting were placeholder)
There was a graphical difference between halo 2 sp and mp.

vspectra06 said:
I never liked the art used for architecture and landscape in the Halo series. Doesn't look like they're changing it either. :/
I love the forerunner architecture but the covenant stuff I was always a little meh about. Overall Halo got some damn kickass environs.

syllogism

Still not enough skepticism to counter people like skilotonn, proceed.

Skilotonn said:
I literally got goosebumps just glancing at the pics while I scrolled down real quick... I haven't even stared at each pic yet... oh my...

And these are still very far from final according to Bungie? *shivers*

Oldschoolgamer said:

IMAGINATION is key.

Halo was never about having crazy guns. It was about balance. If you're looking for 50 weapons that do things like shoot bacon and eggs wrapped in dynamite, go elsewhere.

Top Bottom