• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console bundle announced (399)

matmanx1

New press pics are so much better than the initial reveal. I actually really like the smokey translucence of the case and I bet it looks quite good with the blue LED glowing on the front.

The controllers are still not my favorite but also look better in the new shots than in the first pic.

Dimorphic

The controller looks absolutely amazing. The console is growing on me with the new hi-res pics. I need a new Xbox as Kinect only works in my lounge room and I game in our bedroom. I think I'll bite.

heyitsphil

Neo Member
OP i was like ehhh, high res pics that were just posted makes it look much much better, and i assume it would look even better in person, but $400 is too much and why buy a new 360 when next gen is around the corner unless you're a collector or something..

EYEL1NER

Liked it before but had a feeling it would look a lot better after seeing the translucence. I was right.
Looks great.

Sikbeni10

Banned
I like the 360 slim body, but this color scheme is way off.

320GB HDD, Halo 4, Headset, 2 controllers and Blue leds are all pro's to support buying the unit.

It's 2012 though and most of us are prepared to wave good bye to our 360's come November'ish next year, paying $400 on this, even if I liked the color scheme, would not be a purchase I could justify with myself.

Just noticed they have a UNSC controller also releasing.

Now this I like!
jbbzCf0pP62zkT.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
I want a 360.

I want Halo 4.

But no matter how you slice it, this bundle offers poor value for money in comparison to other bundles.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Does every damn exclusive need a premium console?

Galdelico

Not really getting all the hate/horrible/wtf... Seems a little excessive to me.

Looks better than both Halo 3 and Halo Reach consoles imo.

Aberrant

As somebody who owns a Reach slim, I prefer the plain old black slim.

Halo 4 console looks heinous!

Black > Reach > Halo 4

Miles X

Think it looks great, people calling it shit are vastly over-exaggerating.

I also don't see how they can't cut the price. PS3 looks to be getting a new model, strong possibility of a price cut with it, WiiU is coming out, Wii will likely get cut to $99.

MS don't have an amazing Kinect launch line up this year to advertise, all they really have is Halo 4 (which will be great for US November sales) and Smartglass advertising (which could do well but I doubt anything huge)

They need a cut and it needs to be more than $50 imo. They must be banking hard on the 360 right now.

Poker360

Think it looks great, people calling it shit are vastly over-exaggerating.

I also don't see how they can't cut the price. PS3 looks to be getting a new model, strong possibility of a price cut with it, WiiU is coming out, Wii will likely get cut to $99.

MS don't have an amazing Kinect launch line up this year to advertise, all they really have is Halo 4 (which will be great for US November sales) and Smartglass advertising (which could do well but I doubt anything huge)

They need a cut and it needs to be more than $50 imo. They must be banking hard on the 360 right now.

This guy nailed it.

They are at a place they have never been before, making a nice profit on the hardware, they aren't going to rush to a price drop unless sales bottom out.

Look at the right part, imagine if patterns were made to fit with the struts and components, so that it would all work together rather then awkwardly clash like it does on the console and other pad.

Miles X

They are at a place they have never been before, making a nice profit on the hardware, they aren't going to rush to a price drop unless sales bottom out.

They've been making profit on hardware for years 0_o

http://www.techspot.com/news/23612-microsoft-makes-tiny-profit-on-xbox-360-hardware.html

The division has been making billions since they started profiting overall as well.

Last price cut was 08, so yeah it needs one, else they'll be down significantly.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I'm going to counter everyone here and say that I like the patterns, but hate the translucency. Seeing all the plastic mouldings and innards of electronics has always looked dreadful to me. Would look much better on an opaque gunmetal grey.

Miles X

Holy shit, has it really been that long?

Since the cut to $199, yup. First week of September, so coming up to 4 years.

My theory is without Kinect they'd have cut every 2 years to bolster sales, bit like Sony have done. But Kinect in 2010 replaced a price cut.

malfcn

The UNSC controller looks pretty dope. Still digging the look of the updated stick. The last update looked too slick.

The only complaint I've really got with the value is that it doesn't come with the Halo 4 LE content. It comes with DLC keys that "Custom Content: Receive a code for downloadable Halo 4 content, including a unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop."

Amazon said:
  • Exclusive Design: This is a Limited Edition, one-of-a-kind console that has been custom designed by the Halo 4 developer, 343 Industries and Xbox 360, specifically for the ultimate Halo fan.
  • Two Custom Halo 4 Wireless Controllers with Blue LED lights and a rotating D-pad: These high performance wireless controllers boast a range of up to 30 feet and come with a rotating D-pad and Blue LED lights.
  • Halo 4 Standard Edition Game: Enjoy the Halo experience with the Halo 4 game. Included in this bundle is the Halo 4 Standard Edition game for you begin the Halo Reclaimer saga right out of the box.
  • Exclusive Sounds: This console features actual Halo 4 in-game sound effects when console is turned on and when the Eject button is pushed.
  • Custom Content: Receive a code for downloadable Halo 4 content, including a unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.

Top Bottom