• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Feedback and Bug Report Thread

amardilo

After waiting a few minutes I got into a game but then after that I was in a lobby for a good long time before the game kicked me out saying there was a problem.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Didn't Like: Bumper Jumper's mapping of other controls. Run on left stick and melee on right stick please! I used to be a green thumb player but post Titanfall, I'm all about bumper jumper.

Liked: pretty much everything else.

I particularly liked the feel of the Spartan, you feel weighty and powerful.

I loved the call outs from other Spartans, when playing with non communicative players it's a decent attempt at keeping communication going.

Weapon balance seems pretty good, hopefully no one weapon (BR) will dominate going forward. Halo used to be so much more interesting before everyone (fairly reasonably) decided BR starts were the only way to play. In my mind, part of Halo is scavenging the map for ammo and weapons.

I don't mind the killcam, but it seems some others do, could a press x for killcam option work? People that want the cam can see it and people who want to see their grenades explode can still do so.

I've seen people online saying it doesn't feel like Halo and that it feels like COD, but I think it feels like a really good, modern version of halo.

I hope that the feedback from people who want everything to be exactly the same as what's come before (particularly RE: Weapon balance) isn't taken too seriously and that the vision suggested by this beta is allowed to reach fruition. They can play MCC!

Let us use kinect to act out and record our end game screen animations!

meddow

Need to get rid of kill cam

how can i get TB and still see it,

this is a very important feature of halo that needs to come back

I will copy my impressions in the other topic into this one, havent seen it before.

My impressions of the Early Access Beta (played about 4,5 hours)

Things I like:
  • BR and DMR both feel amazing
  • Sprint is just a fast way to get back into the fight or to the weapons, its kinda useless in combat
  • Thruster Pack is a lot of fun and brings a deepness into the movement, it takes some time to really use it wisely
  • Sounddesign is outstanding, every weapon has a big punch
  • Clamber fits great into the game, the movement through the map gets very fluid
  • Ground stomp really makes you hang on a while in air and on ground, so its used very rarely and is extreme risky
  • The chatting of the spartans is useful and creates a great atmosphere
  • German dub of the multiplayer sounds great, in other Halo titles I always set the language to english, didnt feel the need of it here
  • No instant respawn feel amazing. And you get the time to watch the killcam.
Things I'm undecided on:
  • The maps were kinda small, I personally prefer midsize maps for more DMR and BR duels
Things I didn't like / would change:
  • The radius of the nade explosions is too big, duels often start or end with nadespam
  • The AR is too strong compared to how easy it is to handle. Especially in ADS the range is too high. The SMG as a pickup weapon is fine.
  • I would prefer spawning with BR
  • The range of the prophets bane change is too far when scoped, and if you use the weapon it blinds the right half of your screen too much.

Bugs
  • Sometimes the killcam shows off things that are not related to my death.
  • I once saw the body of an enemy player stuck in the air. Once I shooted a few times at it, it fell through the map. I defnitely have the record of it somewhere in my captured footage, but have to look.

Overall I never though H5G would make so much fun. It feels like good old Halo arena gameplay but with a few additions which dont change the core gameplay. The abilities dont break the game and sprint is finally not usefull to flee out of duels.

Im looking forward to the real Beta with 7 maps and more modes. And I really hope that things like Loadouts and Ordanance will not come back for the final game. If H5G will be a lot like the Beta, it can bring the saga back to the top.

I would give the Beta a 9/10 - Its rare that I had so much fun with playing in a 4on4 playlist on small maps without a premade group. 343i is on the right way

//ARCANUM

I'd kill for a mute all option. Please please implement this. I don't want to hear these other people talking and my pregame ritual is just muting people one by one. Please fix.

There seems to be a large problem when restarting games. When one or more players leave the game seems to be incapable of finding more players to fill the game and you have to wait at the searching for players screen until it times out

Dynasty8

Some bugs I've come across...

Connection Issues...been getting it quite often. Kicks me out while searching for a game. Tried hard reset as well.

Another interesting bug...I respawn and for your next kill I get a killing spree. It's happened to me about 4 or 5 times since the preview beta.

Checking Pre Game stats....when I go to the Spartan Hub menu (start button) and when I press and hold select, part of the stats from the previous game can be seen....however, it looks blurry and half of it is cut off. I'm thinking this was not put intentionally?

Not really a bug...but will we be able to see what medals we get during the kill cam? I'd like to know if my grenade took out the person who got me or if I got an assist for the guy I was shooting at.

daedalius

Had a game where everyone was aiming at the sky and my weapon just kept disappearing, which made it so I couldn't scope at all.

Had a couple crashes loading into matches as well.

Dislikes
  • Spartans broing out at the end of the match is useless and I would rather watch the everyone betray or teabag at the end of the game like in halo 3.
  • Zoom in on automatic weapons. It feels like if I don't zoom in with them they are absolutely useless.
  • The range on automatic weapons feels a bit to long.
  • Flinching - If your going to use lore to justify why Spartans should sprint, they should also not be flinching since they are in like 3000 pound armor.
  • Control settings - give us custom controls
  • Killcam - I just hate it and would rather see if the last nade I threw killed the guy that killed me. I would rather watch my body being tea bagged. The killcam further feels like it pulls you out of the action/immersion of the game. Also that music is annoying.
  • Ground pound is likely to be abused once skilled players learn how to use it. Also it will rarely be used in competitive games and I feel it just makes the control scheme that little bit more complicated.
  • Time to kill - Feels like its 1-1.5 seconds to quick.
  • Obviously medals and the power weapon announcements/indicators. I think medals should be earned and the placement of weapons and their spawn times were a key skill to winning matches in previous halos.
  • Sniper rifles feels clunky and slow

• Sprint isn't as bad as I thought, but I feel like it needs another nerf or tweak before it become suitable, but this may just render it useless and in turn it may be better to remove it all together. I would always rather scrap sprint.
  • Clamber is as bad as I thought, but I would still want skill jumping back. Something like Walshy's suggestion would work.
  • Actually finds players pretty quickly and matches are pretty competitive.
  • Maps have a lot of flanking routes, but I feel like they could be more unique. Please stop remaking old maps and just make your own 343.
  • The reduced auto aim feels amazing.
  • Dedicated Servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you pause the game while in a match, pressing B to back out of the pause screen also activates your jet pack skill or whatever is binded to that B button when it should not.

iMax

What you liked

• Gameplay loop is hella fun. The variety with Spartan Charges, Ground Pounds, etc... is just awesome and keeps the action fun and varied
  • Music is fantastic!

What you disliked

• That same musical note after each death—gets annoying after a while.
  • Ground pound control is tricky. Activation should remain on RS whilst direction should be mapped to LS as it's i) easier and ii) more logical considering it concerns player movement
  • Very slight input lag on RS. Tried replicating in Call of Duty: AW and response was instantaneous.

What you would change

• Low-res UI/menus; fuzzy on a big display
  • Prophet's Bane is far too bright; white flare obstructs view
  • When going back in a menu tree, the selected item reverts to the top instead of the last selected option. Bit of a pain when customising armour.
  • Killcam needs an on-screen timer.
  • Weapon "hold X" pickups need to be a tad faster. Not much though.

Gameplay bugs

Miscellaneous bugs

• After death a very brief, dark shadow of the last frame remains on the screen until respawn (not display IR).
  • Duplicate gamertags in lobby

Optional - Beta rating

Most fun I've had in Halo MP to date, so...

NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
/10

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Had a game where everyone was aiming at the sky and my weapon just kept disappearing, which made it so I couldn't scope at all.

Had a couple crashes loading into matches as well.

Crashes back to Xbox Menu or just failed to find a match and back to Halo 5 menu?

hwalker84

Only going to post dislikes as I mostly like everything I've played

Killcam sucks either change it to the way it used to be in Halo or Make it Picture in Picture.
Ground Pound seems useless
I'm assuming there's some sort of lore here with the Brofist's at the end of the match. I don't like it. I'd rather have that time to betray/teabag/kill myself.

RedAssedApe

Banned
will be interesting to see how much this game actually changes in the next year. been seeing mixed reactions about the changes so far. think the cod players who have played it have been slightly more positive than some of the halo players for obvious reasons

ZServ

What you liked

Guns feel good. Spartan abilities feel decent.

What you disliked

Map flow feels non-existent. Could just be me.
Kill-cam.

What you would change

I would widen the spread on the SMG a tad. Not a great deal, but a tad.
I would remove kill-cam OR add the option for the classic death camera. Kill-cam does not provide any strategic advantage, and in fact most of the time just serves as a way of shoving the players failures in their face, which can end up creating a cycle of negativity, as opposed to the classic death camera, which gave more of a "no biggy, you died" feel to it. Kill-cam really frustrates me on a personal level to a degree where I'm finding it hard to play games with it anymore, but.. this is probably just me, I don't anticipate 343i giving a shit about my opinion on it.
I would slow sprint speed like 5%, up base movement speed 5-10%, and make the burst-pack-thingy-thing go a TINY bit farther forward, but keep side-to-side the same. The speed changes should also make shoulder-ramming more viable then it currently is, as right now it seems rather useless (could just be me, again).
Sniper scoping is way too slow, needs changed. Feels really off.
We need more localized servers for this if it's dedicated. This game feels weird sometimes.

Gameplay bugs

Haven't seen any noticeable ones thus far.

Miscellaneous bugs

Saw a ragdoll body freak out once. Skipping killcam seems to keep the explosion particle effects on the screen for a while.

Optional - Beta rating

solid 6/10 most of the time. I'm iffy on it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
got in a glitched lobby. post game matches ALWAYS award me +6 for the same old 50-12 victory, regardless of what the current match ended in (win or lose, i rank up). post game i cant back out to the title screen and there is no intermission screen. this has been going on for 5-6 matches with no end in sight.

here is an example i recorded. not, we lost, but i still rank up and post game shows our team as victors (despite none of those players in the actual match).

http://xboxclips.com/LoopOfHenle/4995a8f9-c5b7-4b74-84ff-edba8cd0df4a

Akai__

Coupple of sound bugs in the Breakout mode:

- Shouldn't Steitzer always say YOUR team score first and not the lowest score first after each round?
- Weird moaning after the game.
It was not people in the lobby, I muted them all to test.
- If a dead body is stuck in the blue map barrier, it will make a very loud crackling noise.
- Progression sound doesn't stop and goes on forever. Had to restart the game.
- Some announcements are being repeated. Heard Steitzer saying 1on2 three times in a row.

I'm too lazy to create timestamps, when those happened during my live stream. Here's the full video anyways. I also noticed, that your screen flashes black during the game sometimes.

I'm loving it, though Halo isn't usually my jam. I normally get absolutely destroyed in MCC (other than CE), in this beta I'm more-or-less holding my own.

Top 3 likes:
- Assault rifle doesn't feel absolutely useless, it's a legitimate alternative to other weapons
- Spartan callouts
- Movement. I love the booster packs, I love being able to get up to ledges by pressing A, and I love the implementation of sprint

Top 3 dislikes
- The kill cam. I wouldn't mind it if it was well-implementated, but it's not. It begins 0.5 seconds before death, so you never actually get a decent look at what happened. Also, give us the option to skip and watch a team mate instead. Copy Titanfall!
- The SMG seems too powerful at close range. I get that it's a close-range weapon, but if you turn a corner you can't even boost fast enough to evade it, you're just dead.
- A shotgun would've been far better as a power weapon on Empire. And maybe rockets on Truth?

My very controversial multiplayer ratings:

Halo CE: 6/10
Halo 2: 4/10
Halo 3: 8/10
Halo 4: 7/10
Halo 5: 8/10

Top Bottom