• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

Not pushing with your team mate.

Not tagging out and swapping agro.

Team-Bagging.

Motion tracker isn't the issue, terrible teammates like your are.

Yep.

Maybe try being a less shitty team mate instead of sitting back and hoping to record something to prove that motion tracker is terrible.

All I see is a bad team mate just standing back, letting someone die and then team bagging.
What a joke.. I should be offended, but I'm not surprised by this ignorance.

Guess it doesn't matter that we won that game and I had most kills, most assists (by a large margin; frequently put up double digit assists, I love that medal while many players complain about "stealing kills") and least deaths lol

What a joke.. I should be offended, but I'm not surprised by this ignorance.

Guess it doesn't matter that we won that game and I had most kills, most assists (by a large margin; frequently put up double digit assists, I love that medal while many players complain about "stealing kills") and least deaths lol

Your 1337 pro MVP skills not withstanding, its pretty clear you are a shitty team mate.

You let a team mate get 2v1'd and die so you could record some sort of "fail". Then you tea bagged him.

I mean, I dont know what you expected people to say. All I see in that video is the same kind of BK you could find in a million CoD/Halo games. All thats missing is some yelling in the mic.

Naked Lunch

This new motion tracker sucks because it shows if people are above or below you - or even on the same floor - it shouldnt show all of that info. It should be just a red dot. Im pretty sure this started with Reach (or 4) and now has carried over to every game since including H2A for some reason. I like the vagueness of the classic H2 radar - more balanced that way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This new motion tracker sucks because it shows if people are above or below you - or even on the same floor - it shouldnt show all of that info. It should be just a red dot. Im pretty sure this started with Reach (or 4) and now has carried over to every game since including H2A for some reason. I like the vagueness of the classic H2 radar - more balanced that way.

yeah, i'd greatly prefer to go back to old style, basic radar

It was literally one. single. time. because I wanted to see how that outcome would turn out.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Did you forget how I had your backs in previous discussions how super hardcore players love BR starts and how I want AR/Magnum (buffed Magnum) starts? Jesus, stop being so insensible.. This is the problem with you super casual players, you lump anyone who's remotely decent and somewhat competitive into this category of insane tryhards who want to turn this into some super serious sport with no fun allowed..

Stop being a plague.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Vagueness of the H2 radar fucking lol

i dunno if that was the right choice of words, but it definitely provided less information then the later games, 5 included. i cant stand these smug "my opinion is better then yours" attitudes a lot of you guys have regarding this game we all love.

Motion sensor is trash mate. 343 fucks with everything but change the radar nooooooooooooooooooooooo
Huh? They DID change the radar! They made it even more OP!

lololol -- Nahh, but you're right. Make all these controversial changes, yet don't change the one thing that is so obvious in its detriment to gameplay. Such better solutions out there.

EDIT: And I apologize for my smug attitude sometimes, but put our shoes on for a second. It's difficult to cope with when you have people telling you you're filth because reasons while lacking consideration of that person's history and feelings.

The feels are real ;'[

v lol See what I mean?

btags

It was literally one. single. time. because I wanted to see how that outcome would turn out.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Did you forget how I had your backs in previous discussions how super hardcore players love BR starts and how I want AR/Magnum (buffed Magnum) starts? Jesus, stop being so insensible.. This is the problem with you super casual players, you lump anyone who's remotely decent and somewhat competitive into this category of insane tryhards who want to turn this into some super serious sport with no fun allowed..

Stop being a plague.

Holy shit guys, bow down before the halo god. We are mere plebs that are not worthy of his support and adoration. I'll go back to playing COD now. Sorry I wasted your time O Great One.

Stop being a plague.

GLOL

Ok brah. You so pro. :D

Overdoziz

Banned
Huh? They DID change the radar! They made it even more OP!

lololol -- Nahh, but you're right. Make all these controversial changes, yet don't change the one thing that is so obvious in its detriment to gameplay. Such better solutions out there.
Reach already showed if they were below or above you.

Never said I was pro, but some of you are clearly defensive about being bad at Halo, no offense. It would save us all a lot of time if we cut through the bullshit and actually add substance to our posts.

EDIT: Over, I was saying in general with the franchise, didn't know you were only talking about 343/Halo 5 lol

bchamba

The game always plays better with motion tracker off but I only see that being added to a hardcore/pro/mlg playlist. I don't think a regular team slayer playlist in any game except CE in MCC is played with radar off.

That being said I logged onto MCC yesterday and noticed the Team Hardcore playlist was up. Played 5 matches in a row and loved every minute of it. I don't think it's the BR starts that lead to defensive play, radar plays a much bigger role in that.

Tawpgun

Camo Spartan wtf

Not only does Orion have that fucking STUPID ass glaring sun (which spartan visors should be able to handle and have in previous Halos...)

But the lighting engine can do some weirld color things. This spartan might as well have some Camo AA on or something

The data center thing is what every MP shooter developer should learn from Respawn. The server and netcode part of Titanfall is near perfect as a modern MP shooter.

Overdoziz

Banned
Camo Spartan wtf

Not only does Orion have that fucking STUPID ass glaring sun (which spartan visors should be able to handle and have in previous Halos...)

But the lighting engine can do some weirld color things. This spartan might as well have some Camo AA on or something
Spartan armor turns grey when it's in the shadow sometimes for some reason. It's pretty dumb.

SPEAKING OF PRETTY DUMB THINGS
http://i.imgur.com/A29Q5kT.gifv

^ His grenade hit a tiny piece of geometry and it bounced back lol. Sucks, and it happens all the time.
You could have easily supported your team mate and taken the guy down and both survived.
I did that for science, just in case you don't read the discussion above this post.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I prefer the elevation stuff on the new radar.

Not sure how I feel about radar, but I do know it’s not worth fighting over. If any developers were reading this for extra insight, surely they’re long gone now.

VinFTW

Radars gotta go... Series staple or not its making halo 5 extremely slow. No sprint was a series staple, but that's gone, so let's do something radical for the betterment of the game and get rid of radar.

bchamba

I'm not a fan of radar but I wonder how halo 5 would play without it. With sprint and clamber it's much easier to move around the map so callouts are less effective. With no radar, even if you know where the enemy was 1 second ago, in a short amount of time that player could have gone from bottom mid to top mid to top blue (Truth map). The excessive amount of movement options could lead to much more assassinations than we're used to.

If I'm ever assassinated I compliment the player and don't complain because it's my fault for not being aware of my surroundings. It's very difficult to get in on players in this game with the lower kill times, so if players are competent of not having their back towards the open or where their teammates are and don't remain in one spot for too long, I don't see it being much of an issue.

Definitely not more of an issue than people thrusting into cover and watching their motion tracker. Also, don't forget about Spartan call outs and the friendly indicators for when teammates are under attack, they aren't in the beta but hopefully will be for launch.

I know, yesterday it matched me up against some Iron Ranks (and I think a Silver). Needless to say, it was a slaughter. Went 17-0 on them without any trouble, I felt bad because that kind of match should have never of happened.

Even if it does happen you lose 1 point from it.

I'm not a fan of radar but I wonder how halo 5 would play without it. With sprint and clamber it's much easier to move around the map so callouts are less effective. With no radar, even if you know where the enemy was 1 second ago, in a short amount of time that player could have gone from bottom mid to top mid to top blue (Truth map). The excessive amount of movement options could lead to much more assassinations than we're used to.

Breakout has no radar

Ramirez

Radar has always been trash, and is the biggest crutch in modern FPS. Slap a silencer on any weapon in CoD/BF, and watch how easy it is to flank people, lol.

I hate that flanking in this game is pretty much impossible, and anyone who says it isn't, is playing trash tier players.

Glass

Heh, Ninja sharing his thoughts on Orion's glare.

NPWxReM.jpg

I had the opposite problem earlier, some of the shadows completely hid some of the players. I think one of the 343 guys tweeted their were lighting issues to be fixed, but it can't hurt to reiterate this stuff.

no maam

Banned
People defending motion trackers..

Are you the guys who also loke AR starts and camp with sword and shotty?
I love motion tracker and ar starts, but I only camp with the ar and smg, not those cheap one shot kill weapons. Btw I also aim down with the ar.

AlStrong

Heh, Ninja sharing his thoughts on Orion's glare.

NPWxReM.jpg

I had the opposite problem earlier, some of the shadows completely hid some of the players. I think one of the 343 guys tweeted their were lighting issues to be fixed, but it can't hurt to reiterate this stuff.

They should maybe take a look at Standoff (Halo 3) to see how to do low-angle sun lighting...

...or something.

:/

I'd be comfortable with a shorter radar range. It'd prevent a lot of accidental team-shooting and team nade chucking.

It's supposed to be a personal radar, not a radar for your team to huddle up in a room and start carpet bombing the area with nades.

Ramirez

Pegasus & Orion aren't even bad maps really, it just becomes impossible to break setups because of...wait for it...radar!!

Both of the maps have great power weapon setups to fight over, people always move to those locations when they're about to drop. More than I can say for Truth.

Glass

Pegasus & Orion aren't even bad maps really, it just becomes impossible to break setups because of...wait for it...radar!!

Both of the maps have great power weapon setups to fight over, people always move to those locations when they're about to drop. More than I can say for Truth.

Opinions on these two seem to be all over the place but I enjoy them, and agree on the weapon set ups. I love the risk/reward of being the one running for the hydra.

Ramirez

Opinions on these two seem to be all over the place but I enjoy them, and agree on the weapon set ups. I love the risk/reward of being the one running for the hydra.

They both have bad spawns at times. The problem with Pegasus is the top is extremely easy to hold, because again, you can't flank or surprise anyone when they can see you coming from a mile away on radar. The problem with Orion is that the sniper is too easy to use, and again, like Pegasus, it's hard to make any moves on the map because of radar. The red base is too easy to hold as well, get ride of the house. I'm not a big fan of the windows, I feel like those should be able to be shot out or something, like the Truth cover. It's way too easy to duck in and out of the house, creating stale, standoff-ish gameplay.

Top Bottom