• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Behind the Scenes (direct feed vidoc footage)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all, I made a quick mock-up of my ideal Halo 5 control scheme. If you like it, please RT it. I really want to push for this.

L7YP6td.jpg

PS: Mods, if you don't want me linking to my twitter, I'd be happy to remove that.

As someone new to Halo this looks fucking amazing but I can also understand how the Halo faithful could be pissed off by the new direction.

Bring on the beta!!!

Wow! I just watched the Vidoc and the beta footage and I am really excited for it. I think they have done just enough to make it feel new but also keeping it halo. The thrusters is the only thing that I am a bit worried about, might be too quick, but the 60fps makes it look quicker too. Not regenerating health when sprinting is a good idea and the "ADS" isn't really anything new, just cosmetically different.

Beboh13

Banned
It looks like Halo "evolved", and that's good. It makes sense that Spartans get faster and more powerful as the series goes on. The abilities are great as long as everyone has them.

GVA1987

Looks awesome. Nice mix of old and new. Can't wait to give it a go myself.

Edit: Can't listen as at work but is the announcer really that bad?

I'm pretty hyped for Halo 5 after seeing that footage. Making all the 'abilities' usable for everyone and making everyone start with the same weapons (no loadouts) is a welcome change as that was one of my biggest problems with Reach and 4. Its also cool they balanced sprint by making shields not recharge when using it. Its also kind of annoying seeing so many people complain about ADS when its not really affecting the gameplay at all outside of being a cosmetic change.

Imagine if halo had killstreaks. 10 kills streak - Scarab drops onto the map. GAF Would have a meltdown.

I am glad they are pairing back some of the things that didnt work in 4 (orbital drops), but still having that fast paced movement. That running animation reminds me of titanfall.

Good to see map control is still important.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Imagine if halo had killstreaks. 10 kills streak - Scarab drops onto the map. GAF Would have a meltdown.

I am glad they are pairing back some of the things that didnt work in 4 (orbital drops), but still having that fast paced movement. That running animation reminds me of titanfall.

25 kills- Activate the nearest Halo ring

zma1013

I wonder if that map is just unfinished or if that VR simulator look is what they're going for. It looks kinda cool with the gridlines and reflections and whatnot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
3 weeks. 7 maps. 3 game modes. we'll have plenty of time and depth with the game SOON =)

I wonder if that map is just unfinished or if that VR simulator look is what they're going for. It looks kinda cool with the gridlines and reflections and whatnot.

apparently its a forge map

I know it's a joke and all, but a Battlefield sized Halo would be interesting to see.

In terms of Guardians it looks cool, and 343 is doing something different with the series which is cool. Doing the same thing as Halo 2 or 3 doesn't sound like the most satisfying thing ever, so them taking it in a new direction is great, especially now that every fanbase can play Halo the way they want with MCC.

Alchemy

Doesn't look like it plays like Halo at all, which might be a good thing since Halo 4 proved that 343 can't make real Halo games. I still don't like the ADR, and am extremely worried about Sprinting combined with swords. The beta will be... interesting.

exYle

How so?

I saw double jump.

I saw side-dash.

I saw sprint.

Aren't these the things you do in your exo-suit?

A fair comparison, and CoD: AW is the first title to bring all of those together as standard movement options for all players at once, but you have to consider:

A) Halo 5 does not actually have double jumping

B) Thruster pack in all directions and sprint have existed in some capacity in previous Halo games

It's unfortunately timed, but not an egregious copy of AW

From that B-roll footage it looks like almost everyone is using ADS, and it's providing an advantage. Hard to tell for now though.

I was worried most about time to kill shield/health etc. but that aspect definitely looks better than what Halo 4 had.

Spiders

Looks like a Halo mod for Crysis.

The announcer is way over the top, and I really don't like the spartans' tactical talking.

jet1911

Looks great. I already know that I'm going to get destroyed playing this online lol. These two videos made me excited as fuck for the Campaign though.

RoKKeR

Game looks great, excited to try it out.

Announcer sounds worse than Halo 4, didn't think that was possible.

Top Bottom