• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

E92 M3

I dunno, I don't think adding a ton of playlists, and unranked/ranked options is good for keeping matchmaking running smoothly in all areas for the most part, at least not in 2015 where the population isn't as massive as it once was. You really don't wanna spread things too thin.

One social playlist with random gametypes would work.

NotOmega

Banned

you_have_been_coaxed_into_a_snafu-png.20561

You guys really think 50k viewers (at most) is worth the millions 343/MS is putting into competitive Halo? You can keep on saying that you personally really enjoy it, but I can't imagine that they're making any money off of it. The fact that basically nobody else is willing to put any money into it should tell you enough.

If they can incorporate the use of REQ cards in a different mode than Warzone, they will be golden. Since we all want more, they should really do this. I bet they could have limits in place where only vehicle reqs are not usable in some playlists and etc.

come on mp team, brainstorm variety! :p

Ramirez

You guys really think 50k viewers (at most) is worth the millions 343/MS is putting into competitive Halo? You can keep on saying that you personally really enjoy it, but I can't imagine that they're making any money off of it. The fact that basically nobody else is willing to put any money into it should tell you enough.

What does it matter to you, one way or the other? I don't really care about it, but if they want to, whatever.

NotOmega

Banned
What does it matter to you, one way or the other? I don't really care about it, but if they want to, whatever.
I don't personally have to care about it to point out that it's strange that they still put so much money into something that clearly won't earn them much money. People constantly talk about professional Halo, but as far as eSports is concerned I don't see why 343 should care about it at all.

Ramirez

I don't personally have to care about it to point out that it's strange that they still put so much money into something that clearly won't earn them much money. People constantly talk about professional Halo, but as far as eSports is concerned I don't see why 343 should care about it at all.

Because there are people who care about it? 343 has crafted a really good competitive game, there's no harm in trying to capture the e-sport potential of it.

Unstable

Do you really need it explained to you why 343 would be interested in funding a competitive Halo scene?

NotOmega

Banned
Because there are people who care about it? 343 has crafted a really good competitive game, there's no harm in trying to capture the e-sport potential of it.
Oh I definitely don't mind it being a good competitive game. I think they nailed the gameplay in Halo 5. I just think it's odd how they keep pushing eSports when it's clearly not working out.

Zeta Oni

If they can incorporate the use of REQ cards in a different mode than Warzone, they will be golden. Since we all want more, they should really do this. I bet they could have limits in place where only vehicle reqs are not usable in some playlists and etc.

come on mp team, brainstorm variety! :p

Warzone Firefight: 12 player squad defends center base (fortress, spire, garage) from an ever increasing onslaught of AI enemies. Wave based, REQ increases with wave. Players lose once they are eliminated.

Warzone Firefight Versus: Two teams spawn at their respective bases and defend the core against 10 waves of enemies, first to clear all waves wins. AI can destroy power core, instantly losing the match for the team who let's that happen

Ramirez

Oh I definitely don't mind it being a good competitive game. I think they nailed the gameplay in Halo 5. I just think it's odd how they keep pushing eSports when it's clearly not working out.

Halo 4 was terrible, and the MCC was a disaster. Halo 5 is actually good & working, so let's see how it shakes out before writing it off forever.

Warzone Firefight: 12 player squad defends center base (fortress, spire, garage) from an ever increasing onslaught of AI enemies. Wave based, REQ increases with wave. Players lose once they are eliminated.

Warzone Firefight Versus: Two teams spawn at their respective bases and defend the core against 10 waves of enemies, first to clear all waves wins. AI can destroy power core, instantly losing the match for the team who let's that happen
That sounds like a lot of damn fun lol

Then in Halo 6 they could evolve Firefight Versus to be player-controlled Covenant against a team of player-controller Spartans with custom loadouts.

jet1911

I'm sad that there really isn't any incentive to replay the campaign. They could add daily or weekly challenges for REQ points. Could be fun to use REQ cards in campaign too, or just let us use the permanent weapons from our loadout during missions.

Unstable

Wasn't Halo 3 one of the flashpoints for MLG back in 2008? I remember many top 10 kill videos coming out of that scene.

Halo was synonymous MLG for many years. It held the main stage up until 2010 (Maybe 2009?) I remember Starcraft 2 knocking it off the main stage. Then Reach happened, and everyone knows the rest of the story.

I think I am starting to get whats happening to me. The AR range is crazy so if someone lays into me and I try to move backwards to pistol them I get chewed up. The stopping power even happens when you are walking so the bottom line is the AR range is a problem for me.

Also, I like the game but what were they thinking with this map count. Im already bored of the maps and the Rig SUCKS. It's got to be one of the worst maps ever with a big fucking hole in the middle of it. Just stupid. I can't believe they are launching BTB with Forge maps and its a matter of time before they start adding them to Arena. We need more playlists and more maps.

Also, get breakout out of team slayer. It has its own playlist and is impossible with randoms.

I finally got my precious Noble helmet today. Since I have all common armors, most uncommons and most rares by this point, does that mean I should start getting Gold packs exclusively?

3DShovel

Just finished the campaign. Loved it. I started it on Legendary but switched down to Normal because it bothers me when
characters do crazy shit in cutscenes and then I'm hiding behind cover in fear of a fucking grunt during gameplay

I'm not too crazy about the ending as I feel like the tone, especially toward the end, deserved a bombastic conclusion, but I'm definitely looking forward to see what the final game in this trilogy will bring.

Back to multiplayer I go!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If you honestly think that Destiny hasn't received a overwhelming amount of criticism (A lot more than Halo imo) well deserved or otherwise, then you live inside a bubble.

Sorry man.

No, I don't live within a bubble. I know how much criticism Destiny has received in it's lifetime. That criticism was well warranted though I'm sure you know. But almost all of it left once the Taken King released because Bungie successfully turned the game around for the better.

Now almost the same sort of events followed Halo. 4 was a disaster for most, MCC was a tragedy. So Halo got all of the criticism it deserved (tons from me as well). But now Halo 5 has released and has improved immensely, yet the shit storm still rages on unchecked.

Illuminati.

I wonder if there was a stand alone $20 Halo game that was strictly for the competitive scene if that would go over. Sort of like that F2P Russian Halo game. This way Halo as a series could move forward and try daring shit while the competitive one could have all kinds of rules and stricter mechanics.

No, I don't live within a bubble. I know how much criticism Destiny has received in it's lifetime. That criticism was well warranted though I'm sure you know. But almost all of it left once the Taken King released because Bungie successfully turned the game around for the better.

Now almost the same sort of events followed Halo. 4 was a disaster for most, MCC was a tragedy. So Halo got all of the criticism it deserved (tons from me as well). But now Halo 5 has released and has improved immensely, yet the shit storm still rages on unchecked.

Illuminati.

Both of these are debatable, and even then the circumstances between the two are hardly comparable.

I like your thinking

This is so amazing and sounds so fun. Almost can add and make this a moba mode >=D...
Jk

E92 M3

I haven't played Destiny but in what universe is it debatable that Halo 4 did anything better than Halo 5?

I think Halo 4 had better maps and I did play a lot of BTB.

Illuminati.

Criticism does not equal shit storm. Halo 5 has issues just like TTK.

Unstable

Illuminati.

I do understand what you're saying, and I do agree. But, maybe this is the Destiny player in me talk, who cares what others think? The complaining will die out, eventually. For us, after all these years, we've finally got a Halo game that's worthy of the name.

Some people want to pick apart the game and shit post at every opportunity, and I do think there should be more moderation for that kind of stuff. Honestly though? What are you gonna do, haters gonna hate and all that. We should be too busy playing to notice.

Zeta Oni

I do understand what you're saying, and I do agree. But, maybe this is the Destiny player in me talk, who cares what others think? The complaining will die out, eventually. For us, after all these years, we've finally got a Halo game that's worthy of the name.

The fire that sustains the rage of Halo players is like the Olympic flame: it will never dim.

Been going strong since '04.

Juanfp

That wasn't the question.

Halo 4 launched with more content than Halo 5. That's one thing it did better, therefore it can be debated.

One thing is better vs multiples things are better?
One game with less content and that content is good is better than a game with more content and that content being bad.
So its not debatable.

The fire that sustains the rage of Halo players is like the Olympic flame: it will never dim.

Been going strong since '04.
lmfao yup, not until we get two Halo FPS's like CoD did with Infinity Ward/Treyarch: One to continue with Warzone and Firefight, while the other serves as a platform to continually update competitive Halo.

Halo Guardians 2 and
Combat Evolved 2.
H5 is better than any other XBL Halo game at Launch. H2 sucked until April 05, H3 is always bad, Reach and H4 took forever to become decent, MCC...
H5's gameplay is closer to what I've had envisioned for years, and look at how well it's being received. Just saying, there are a few of us who know what Halo players want, and 343 has done a great job with the pro team, but now it's time they form the secret team for
Combat Evolved 2.

PM box is waiting, Stinkles.

Top Bottom