• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

Here is a quick comparison of the Mark V helmet

I really don't like the new design on Halo 5 it looks very different to the others
*sigh* all this time for this :( , what do you think guys do you like the redesign?
The armour looks fine but I hate the helmet.

uuuuugh, I waited all this time for it, and it doesn't even look good. ;_;
I would've been totally fine with a straight port of the H4 version.

Well, it'll probably be mythic anyway, so it's not like I'll ever get it anyway...

I really don't like the new design on Halo 5 it looks very different to the others
*sigh* all this time for this :( , what do you think guys do you like the redesign?

Isn't this the Mark IV, not the Mark V?

In any case, as the least attractive of the classic Halo armors, I'm fine with it.

But I can see the differences. The 'sides' of helmet on the right and left of the visor are thicker, and the visor itself doesn't extent as far forward towards the edge of the 'mouth' as in previous versions.

It looks pretty similar to the OG low-poly CE version, I guess. Got that squared off mouth area.

Probably should have followed the H3 design guideline, that's what people were actually asking for.

blamite

CE-era Chief was wearing MK V. H5G's new armor perm is Mk IV, which has only really been seen in super high-res on the Spartans in Halo Wars and (I think) on the cover of the Fall of Reach reissue.

Mk IV is the one coming in the December update. The one on the image you quoted is Mk V, from a preview of the January update.

Isn't this the Mark IV, not the Mark V?

In any case, as the least attractive of the classic Halo armors, I'm fine with it.

But I can see the differences. The 'sides' of helmet on the right and left of the visor are thicker, and the visor itself doesn't extent as far forward towards the edge of the 'mouth' as in previous versions.

No this is the Mark IV from Halo Wars
Mjolnir_MkIV.png

and this is the Mark IV from Halo 5

def sim

Hm yeah I wanted something like the Halo 3 version. Dang.

Currently, this value defaults to 3. For Halo 5's launch, we made the Look Acceleration a tad faster than it has been in past games and the Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta. This was done in part to help you make large aim corrections a bit faster (for example, if someone is attacking you from behind it allows you to more quickly do a 180). If you would like the Look Acceleration to match the Multiplayer Beta, use a setting of 2 here.

Oh, good idea to give us the beta setting.

It looks pretty similar to the OG low-poly CE version, I guess. Got that squared off mouth area.

Probably should have followed the H3 design guideline, that's what people were actually asking for.

It doesn't look like the original Halo CE helmet at all, at least not for me, in fact if that was the case I would be very happy but sadly that is not the case

TCKaos

Have they posted any of the stream anywhere yet? I missed it.

I heard something about Blood Gulch, Mark V and the Needle Rifle and I need an explanation.

Karl2177

Theater is buggy as hell in Halo 5 compared to other Halo titles. After every 2 rounds, it shifts what player is the focus. You can't change to a player's perspective that is dead. If you rewind while the clip is still playing, there's a high chance it goes to a black screen and no UI elements will go on top of it. The UI element telling you what player you were following is tied to the outlines, not to the playback controls. There is no time scrubber. When you quit a Theater game, it sends you back to the Solo Campaign menu. The Theater lobby is unlike any other menu section in that when you select an individual film, it automatically starts playing it instead of selecting it and then hitting the play button. There's a Play Film button at the bottom of the lobby, but it only plays the last film that you played, it doesn't pull from Recent Films all the time.

blamite

Have they posted any of the stream anywhere yet? I missed it.

I heard something about Blood Gulch, Mark V and the Needle Rifle and I need an explanation.

January update has a kind of off looking version of Mk V helmet and armor, an alternate Carbine that shoots needles (shown on an Arena map), a super American eagle AR skin, and a wolf pistol skin. Not sure where the Blood Gulch part comes from, nothing particularly Gulchy was in the clip they showed.

:lol I just had a Breakout game on Regret where I couldn't kill anyone so I was just pushing flags. There's something about Regret where I can not play well, I usually go negative on that map and can't finish for the life of me. People seem to be able to run away far too easily, such short sightlines. Anyway, the whole match I had been taking the flag the front and bottom door. So on the final round I decided to take the trap door instead, their team was guarding the front and I just walked up behind them. I think one of their players went AFK, so it's not as funny, but still pretty great seeing three other Spartans oblivious.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fata1moose/video/13200234

Pretty disappointed with how Mk. V turned out, that bottom portion of the helmet looks bad. It's especially disappointing as it wasn't there at launch and then they butcher it. The armor looks alright, I guess I'll go Mk V armor + Mk IV helmet. Blood Gulch in an update is going to be bad. Map will have so much cross mapping with the Halo 5 BR range, it's going to play like shit. Valhalla has a similar problem, but it's just people cross mapping on the hill.

Also this pistol showed up on my Req list and I haven't seen it in any community updates, though we did see it pre-release.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fata1moose/screenshot/3581690#

Karl2177

Also, can we pull Rig from everything? Map is too small for anything more than 4 players. Even without respawns it still devolves into the 2 areas of the map.

Also, can we pull Rig from everything? Map is too small for anything more than 4 players. Even without respawns it still devolves into the 2 areas of the map.

I like the Rig, I also think it has a pretty good flow to it, Strongholds is the only mode where power positions get nailed down, otherwise there's multiple locations you can kill people from.

Glass

As I'm seeing more objects in forge pop up from arena maps (the prophet hologram from truth, signs etc) I'm wondering what else we've already seen that could be a forge item. I'd LOVE posters decals like these, would add so much to town/city type maps like Guillotine.

Also the billboards on Plaza look a lot like the giant yellow Warthog billboard from Guillotine, hope that's another one.

TCKaos

I'll need to get used to the helmet, but otherwise the Mark V looks more or less like a liberal interpretation of the original game geometry. It kinda' looks like a Joyride Halo CE figure.

Make Arena Breakout a 10 round match, 5 round half, first to 6 rounds and I'll pay the crap outta this game.

I love it. Might be the most fun I have had in the game.

Strider

I definitely feel the biggest flaw with arena breakout at the moment is that the teams do not swap sides at any point. Would make the game type more balanced...

I really enjoyed the games I played today though. Liked it Enough that I wouldn't mind if it replaced breakout in Team Arena instead of just removing the breakout type from the playlist altogether.

Strider

So the daily packs give you a small number of req points + boosts (that give you an incentive to keep playing for even more req points)...? I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom