• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, so much to look forward to in this update. Really great job with the livestream too. It felt natural and was entertaining to watch. Can't wait for the Mk. IV and V armor
that I won't be lucky enough to unlock ;'[
They've already said we're basically getting H4-style File Share for 4's launch (find it via someone's player card), but that they're planning on expanding it.

I'm hoping you can bundle maps/gametypes together for one-click downloads, and a curated list and category browser (mini games, arena, BTB, etc., or via game types it supports.)
Great idea.
Umm Halo 1 pistol please
It's coming on a future update ;)
Only the skin, so don't expect it to function like the CE Pistol. They won't change the reticle either, probably just the way the zoom looks like the Classic BR scope.

Loomba

How many pistol bullets does it take to break shields?

I read it was 4, but I'm watching a playback and it is taking me 5 bullets to break shields.

Tawpgun

Damn, so much to look forward to in this update. Really great job with the livestream too. It felt natural and was entertaining to watch. Can't wait for the Mk. IV and V armor

Great idea.

Only the skin, so don't expect it to function like the CE Pistol. They won't change the reticle either, probably just the way the zoom looks like the Classic BR scope.

Dunno, I heard they were trying to make it be super authentic. There's obviously some core things that likely won't change. I'd be surprised if they made it non hitscan. But RoF, damage, maybe even the auto aim values on it will likely be very similar.

Where did you hear this? Seems like it's going to be its own thing likened to the SPNKR.
Ehh you know, just the way things go. I would be glad if it was projectile-based, 3sk, exact reticle and function in every way, but what are the odds? lol

Really, I would be shocked if they don't have it as a hitscan weapon. Pleasantly shocked, mind you, but I'm not expecting it.

Kind of cool certain elements are created for weapons instead of just putting them in as a generic gun with a skin.

Reminds me of skins blizzards makes for hots and how many of them are theme/animation/voice changes versus just a diff color.

Ehh you know, just the way things go. I would be glad if it was a projectile-based, 3sk, exact reticle and function in every way, but what are the odds? lol

My guess is it'll be 3 shot, but not projectile based. They will probably go with the same reticle since the classic BR and SPNKR are similar. Guessing it'll have classic scope as well.

Thank you daily Warzone victory REQ pack :D, here is my first legendary item on H5!

1IB72A5.png

Great idea.

I think the CE pistol is going to be more like the new SPNKR than the Classic BR. I think it's going to be treated like a new weapon, and maybe it will even be available on arena maps (but that's just wishful thinking)

Kibbles

danDhJkl.png

Why does this happen?
Got this earlier it kept starting games I had to quit the build.

Oh I thought I read on here you could stack the speed boosts, but I wasn't able to do so in Warzone, do you have to do something specific?
Edit: oh wait you probably just go to a req station eh?

Nowise10

The snipers on Basin in BTB make me spill my grapes everygame.

Why did they make it so easy to snipe in this game. I am pretty sure it easier then in H4.

Glass

Just pulled a victory in Arena Breakout from a 0-4 deficit, taking 5 rounds in a row. Loving this gametype so far.

Kudos to your team for not quitting at 0-4 down, that's awesome.

Breakout seems to fit pretty nicely into normal Arena maps, I can't wait to try it on some CSGO type layouts with Forge.

Madness

Anyone else feel like they have junk emblems and armor equipped solely for the 'rarity' rather than the fact they actually like it? Maybe it's just me, but I won't equip something that I may prefer if it's only common or uncommon as opposed to rare/ultra rare/legendary.

Anyone else feel like they have junk emblems and armor equipped solely for the 'rarity' rather than the fact they actually like it? Maybe it's just me, but I won't equip something that I may prefer if it's only common or uncommon as opposed to rare/ultra rare/legendary.
As soon as I unlocked noble armor I equipped it and I haven't taken it off since. Whenever I open a REQ pack and get some ultra rare armor piece I feel like it's a waste since I won't equip it. I guess it's kind of the opposite of your situation.

rrc1594

As soon as I unlocked noble armor I equipped it and I haven't taken it off since. Whenever I open a REQ pack and get some ultra rare armor piece I feel like it's a waste since I won't equip it. I guess it's kind of the opposite of your situation.

I think I'll switch around my armor when custom games really start rolling, but for now I have kept on my Noble also. I don't see a lot of players with it

Madness

Just had someone grief nonstop in breakout, taking out our shields or killing us just because they couldn't get the DMR. Gonna leave bad feedback for the first time since I've gotten an Xbox One. I hope they become one of those people who complain then that their rep is bad.

Edit: That's two games in a row for griefing/betraying. Really makes you not want to play this game anymore. Just full of assholes.

pieface

Anyone having problems with BTB? Taking about 10 minutes to find a game... Is the player Base really that low already? In the UK.

Madness

I got JiP'ed into a warzone match where the other team already owned all the bases and was attacking our core. Tell me again why JiP is needed in this game? Once it comes back into BTB I'll probably stop playing that mode altogether. There's zero excuse why they can't let is prioritize fair start matches over JiP.

Just watch, like halo 4, you're going to have even more quitting and even more lopsided matches. It can sometimes take 2-3 minutes from a quit before you may get another teammate, if that as well. But it'll screw those of us who want to play fair start matches, putting us majority of the time into matches well under way, into losses.

pieface

I got JiP'ed into a warzone match where the other team already owned all the bases and was attacking our core. Tell me again why JiP is needed in this game? Once it comes back into BTB I'll probably stop playing that mode altogether. There's zero excuse why they can't let is prioritize fair start matches over JiP.

Just watch, like halo 4, you're going to have even more quitting and even more lopsided matches. It can sometimes take 2-3 minutes from a quit before you may get another teammate, if that as well. But it'll screw those of us who want to play fair start matches, putting us majority of the time into matches well under way, into losses.

Because 343 should add parameters to JIP to make sure what happened to you doesn't happen. I played a BTB game where 3 of the opposition players quit/disconnected in the first minute. That's why it's needed.

I missed the final half hour or so last night but is that a nerfle I see? and 'murica eagle skin lol nice.

Forge looks so good and i'm happy that they added in scripting even if it did turn out to be simple stuff, it's something forge needed and I can see it doing a ton of cool stuff.

You could even use scripting to make platforms move between bases like the halo level in halo 2.

Thank you daily Warzone victory REQ pack :D, here is my first legendary item on H5!

Oh hey you got a mongoose, use it well.

Madness

Because 343 should add parameters to JIP to make sure what happened to you doesn't happen. I played a BTB game where 3 of the opposition players quit/disconnected in the first minute. That's why it's needed.

Then that means whatever they've done to dissuade quitting hasn't worked. What's only going to happen is some poor saps will be put onto your losing team to try and even it out. But even then, like I said, there is no guarantee that you'll even get some players to fill the gaps. Halo is probably the worst game to join into progress to.

This is something I guess that's just a byproduct of an industry that provides drop in/drop out multi-player, coupled with loadouts and giant player counts, so that you never really notice in a 24v24 whether someone has left etc.

All games have some degree have aim acceleration, I think. Because generally speaking, people are used to less movement when they're looking for minute adjustments, and extremely fast movement when they're pushing the stick to the edge of it's range.

COD has fair aim acceleration with very small deadzones. Likewise for TitanFall. Not sure about Destiny.

Actually, CS:Go might not. It might be max speeds at all times.
yeah, CSGO doesn't have aim acceleration for controller users. Sucks lol, have to have perfect precession and control to stop my aim where I want it.

What's Arena Breakout? Sounds like Breakout in regular Maps?

Are we CS now boys? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom