• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo announced for Xbox One, 60fps, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
For the love of God add a proper competitive ranking system this time. Halo 4 failed because of how shitty MM was.

itjz9BtAzBtjr.gif

This bump is evil, made me spill my drink. "Microsoft announced something Halo related right before launch!? Ye...oh..." I guess I'm participating in that evil by bumping it more..

Was I the only one hoping for something new? CGI...dedicated servers? Even all the First Person Shooters on PS4 use dedicated servers...why is that even news worthy.

60 frames...now we are talking!

Pop

This bump is evil, made me spill my drink. "Microsoft announced something Halo related right before launch!? Ye...oh..." I guess I'm participating in that evil by bumping it more..

Yo

I almost broke my left mouse button trying to enter this thread. Damn it, I'm a sucker for some Halo news.

Heratiki

Gonna hold my judgement/excitement for actual gameplay... I mean right now Halo 4 is a pile of turds so I don't expect much without Bungie manning the devel team.

Sotha_Sil

Lol, why would they mention resolution or framerate if they're talking about the PC version? They confirmed 1080p/60fps a long time ago for next gen consoles.

What a difference a couple of months make. Neither of the consoles is hitting 1080p, and the 60fps is anything but steady.

edit.... this was a BF4 comment.

tazz3

Awesome it reminds me of Star Wars, lets hope they use a next gen game engine maybe there will be a bundle or x1 price drop

Demon Ice

Banned
Borderline bannable.

Hopefully 343i at least get 900p.

Given how many graphical sacrifices had to be made to get Forza running at 1080p60, I'm fully expecting 720p. Or they will quietly drop the 60 fps and hit 900p.

Edit: Unless they keep the corridor shooter gameplay and tiny AI groups from Halo 4. Then they could maybe get to 900p60.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Given how many graphical sacrifices had to be made to get Forza running at 1080p60, I'm fully expecting 720p. Or they will quietly drop the 60 fps and hit 900p.

Corrine Yu+another it being a second year game will prove you wrong, I bet. Compare GoW to any launch 360 title for example.

Edit: Unless they keep the corridor shooter gameplay and tiny AI groups from Halo 4. Then they could maybe get to 900p60.

Ryse has shown that 900p is perfectly acceptable.

The Flash

Banned
I bet 343i can hit 1080p/60fps with this game. They've probably had access to the hardware the longest and get first dibs on dev tools and such. Regardless, I'll always love me some Halo! Excited to see where Master Chief goes from and here and can't wait to watch the Halo TV series.

JaggedSac

Ryse has shown that 900p is perfectly acceptable.

Hell Killer Instinct is getting some love and that thing is 720p. Halo could be 720 again as long as it is fun as fuck. 1080p doesn't make games play better, as can be seen by a recent release or two. Its a very nice to have though.

It won't matter what resolution they hit if it isn't a good game to begin with.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I bet 343i can hit 1080p/60fps with this game. They've probably had access to the hardware the longest and get first dibs on dev tools and such. Regardless, I'll always love me some Halo! Excited to see where Master Chief goes from and here and can't wait to watch the Halo TV series.

I'd think all 1st party devs get it around the same time, still means they get another year of development/optimization over Turn 10 and Forza 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom