• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Director Wants to "Transform" How People Experience the Franchise

You know what? There is such a thing as overreaching.

I realize Halo is Xbox's golden child, but all most of us really require for Halo is a solid online shooter with all the modern AAA features. Please don't try to be Destiny.

it'd be stupid to just iterate on everything with MC collection coming out...hopefully they go in another direction...maybe BF: Halo or something

EGM1966

Can't say this fills me with much confidence. I feel Halo has become too sprawling over too many mediums already and with recent titles I've found myself in danger of dropping away from the franchise.

Halo 4 left it tough for me as the Covenant had run their course in my view and shouldn't have featured and neither should Earth really. I expected a whole new trilogy with a new arc right off the bat.

Hopefully they can make Halo 5 better than 4 and recover the feel of the first trilogy with MC.

iosefe

He doesn't have to be likable. As long as he is well written. Not everyone has to be likable. Unless of course you meant likable in a well written and not lacking depth.

a little bit of both. i mean watch us prefer the side chatacters to him

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
1. Halo has always had an expansive franchise, in fact, Fall of Reach was released before the game.
2. Kiki is not talking about the game, she is talking about linear media.
3. BR starts, The Pit, come at me.
3a. The title of the thread is really misleading. Kiki is Executive Producer, not director, and the title makes it sound like either game or movie director. Which is a qualitatively different discussion.

RdN

Their first try with Halo 4 was a gigantic miss. Hopefully by now they understand what Halo is all about and this supposed "transformation" will be for the good.

jem0208

Watch Locke not even be a likable character
He doesn't have to be like able as long as he is well written. Look at someone like Walter White from Breaking Bad. His character is an absolute ass hole. Yet he is still a fantastic character who is extremely compelling to watch.

Top Bottom