• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
That really isn't much at all.

lol compare to mine it is, where do you even check this? I can't find anything on Bungie.net and Halowaypoint you have to track down individual games or overall total number of games. But I have never seen that type of format that he posted.

lol compare to mine it is, where do you even check this? I can't find anything on Bungie.net and Halowaypoint you have to track down individual games or overall total number of games. But I have never seen that type of format that he posted.
Sign into Bungie.net. Move the mouse over your avatar beside your name and click "Profile".

RoKKeR

Please tell me this is wrong, because I cant see anything like that in my profile, it says no game history lol wtf?

Go to halo.bungie.net, it's the archive site of Bungie.net pre-Destiny. Has service records, file shares, everything even forums are still there, you just can't interact with it. :/

I just search my GT and it pulls up my profile.

Just checked and I've got almost 8,000 games of Halo 3 played, probably past that now since it was last updated over two years ago.

Please tell me this is wrong, because I cant see anything like that in my profile, it says no game history lol wtf?
I'm not sure on your end, but it is working for me. Are you using the same gamer tag before things switched over to 343i? My Halo 2 games from my old gamer tag don't show up.

Go to halo.bungie.net, it's the archive site of Bungie.net pre-Destiny. Has service records, file shares, everything even forums are still there, you just can't interact with it. :/

Just checked and I've got almost 8,000 games of Halo 3 played, probably past that now since it was last updated over two years ago.
Nice. I wondered where the original Halo stats went.

Do some Delta Halo/Regret and Uprising/Great Journey shots please!
Working on it, but for now here are some more I have:
Halo 2 PC Screenshots 7680x4320 rendering + 8x SGSSAA > 3840x2160 (What I took them at) > 1080p
14645699724_967ce72592_o.png

14644652091_df2296cc87_o.png

14461226430_f152c4c9bc_o.png

14624922506_7366a68910_o.png

14667809363_09e42791bd_o.png

14647900215_b4bce941de_o.png

14461293258_55153e93ac_o.png

14644657191_a8dff0cc34_o.png

14461281639_da717e4fa1_o.png

14461220960_ff5d12e6af_o.png

14461290328_8178b953cd_o.png

14461279749_f397847e34_o.png

14645701524_3106c1f550_o.png

14667803763_14af6f4f57_o.png

14647892855_66abfc99b3_o.png

Working on it, but for now here are some more I have:
Halo 2 PC Screenshots 7680x4320 rendering + 8x SGSSAA > 3840x2160 (What I took them at) > 1080p

Awesome stuff! I seriously hope you can do some more for each level in the game, these are going to be really helpful for some posts for the lore thread that I'm working on (especially Covenant stuff from the cutscenes like Sacred Icon, and in-game stuff from Delta Halo/Regret and High Charity's environments on the levels Gravemind and High Charity) :)

It's amazing how much of a difference there is between the Xbox and PC versions when cranked up to proper levels. Here's hoping the image quality of the classic version in MCC is closer to that standard.

HTupolev

It's amazing how much of a difference there is between the Xbox and PC versions when cranked up to proper levels. Here's hoping the image quality of the classic version in MCC is closer to that standard.
Well, the MCC is unlikely to use anything crazy like 4320p8xSGSSAA (at 1080p, that's ultimately 128xSSAA, which is sort of absurd), but 1080p alone will look quite clean compared with the original 480p, not to mention the higher framerate.

I wonder if they're going to brush up Classic Mode in CE to make it a fairly perfect higher-fidelity reproduction of the original game. Classic Mode in CEA had all the visual issues that HPC does and then some; even at 1080p60, if this hasn't been fixed up, my oXbox might continue to see employment as my main Halo 1 campaign machine.

Awesome stuff! I seriously hope you can do some more for each level in the game, these are going to be really helpful for some posts for the lore thread that I'm working on (especially Covenant stuff from the cutscenes like Sacred Icon, and in-game stuff from Delta Halo/Regret and High Charity's environments on the levels Gravemind and High Charity) :)

If you need anything specific, just ask. (Credit appreciated also if you use them)

I don't know if the classic mode will be able to pull that off. Each screenshot (frame) was about 200 MB and the Xbone only has about 32 MB for games. =)

Man, Halo 2 still has the best Elite design.
Also I really hope Saber/343 don't mess up the old mossy stone Forerunner stuff by making it metal or hyper angular like all the 4 Forerunner stuff.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Has it been mentioned if your Halo 3 and Halo 4 stats carry over to MCC or do you start from scratch?

If you need anything specific, just ask. (Credit appreciated also if you use them)

I don't know if the classic mode will be able to pull that off. Each screenshot (frame) was about 200 MB and the Xbone only has about 32 MB for games. =)

I wouldn't dream of using your pics without giving credit where it's due :)

Nothing specific, but any environmental shots inside High Charity or of Prophets of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Bleh.

Oh well, I'm still in it for the SP campaigns. Besides, everyone will be equal footing when it comes out so that'll be interesting.

The one thing that worries me is if the ranking system takes a couple of days to normalize, the initial buying period is going to be dominated by returning pros. It could hurt the game's population in the long run.

Still, probably nothing to worry about.

The one thing that worries me is if the ranking system takes a couple of days to normalize, the initial buying period is going to be dominated by returning pros. It could hurt the game's population in the long run.

Still, probably nothing to worry about.

There will be equal footing for a week, and eventually the numbers will spread to each polar end. Reach, 3, and to an extent 4 were the same way. Fair-weather players will abandon ship, the hardcore players will be up on Olympus, and the rest of us will just keep on trucking.

uQYxnkn.png

Worth it

Jesus Christ, that's.... 2.36 years!

dargis49

Banned

Got me beat. 7,149 games played. 89 games shy of 4,000 on Halo 3.

uQYxnkn.png

Worth it
Holy crap.

Am I the only one who thinks Halo 2 looks super cartoonish compared to Halo 1?
Nope, I feel the same way. Halo 2 went all pastel on everyone. It gives the game an off-look. Maybe not cartoonish, but definitely different. Halo 2 is when the flood became a lame enemy and hunters went from fun to take down to a chore. And the FoV made me feel more motion sick when playing through the campaign. Halo 2's campaign is only above Reach's campaign in my own not so popular halo campaign rankings: CE>4>3>2>Reach

That can't possibly be real. My brain doesn't believe what I'm seeing. You have spent more than a literal, solid year playing Halo 3.

Okay, I'll admit, most of the Halo 3 stats are from forge. There was a technique to save and then immediately quit in order to get an object to float or intersect. Each time counted as a custom game played.

My custom game total is:

15344​

While my Social/Ranked total:
5300​

Still though, that's a lot of video game.

Okay, I'll admit, most of the Halo 3 stats are from forge. There was a technique to save and then immediately quit in order to get an object to float or intersect. Each time counted as a custom game played.

My custom game total is:

15344​

While my Social/Ranked total:
5300​

Still though, that's a lot of video game.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense, lol. You've still got more games than me, just not so many as to beggar belief.

RoKKeR

Just checked on Waypoint for total playtime on Halo 3....

23 Days 14 Hours

And that's not including Campaign or Custom Games time, both of which I also spent an obscene amount of time in.

D:

Fuckin' love that game. A majority of my best gaming memories and friends were made in the Halo 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom