• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

I honestly just wish that we could see more Frankie authored Bulletins.

Not saying we go back to 2004-2005 era WU/WWU, but the man had a way with words.

Madness

I honestly just wish that we could see more Frankie authored Bulletins.

Not saying we go back to 2004-2005 era WU/WWU, but the man had a way with words.

Yep, Frank is GOAT with his updates or bulletins. I still remember his write ups from the Halo 2 days.

Hell no.

Straight Halo 1-3 campaign sounds legit, though.

I don't want to make a huge Halo playthrough and then finish it off with prom knights and commentary from an incredibly whiny space vampire.
I'm a huge Halo fan and want to defend Halo when I see Haters but you posted nothing but straight truth facts and I'm down for the CE-3 play through. 1 time through Halo 4 was more than enough sorry to say.

They are saving the LE stuff for Halo 5 I assume. They already dropped the kinect requirement and will probably have a bundle. That all combined with the 60$ price tag for 4 halo games, they probably dont see the need to do a le controller or console. Doing it this year then immediately next year would look tacky & most wouldnt go for it if they already bought the LE stuff this year.
yes I know hardcore fans would do it.

like me (ノ゚Д゚)ノ

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fuck an LE controller where is my LE GAME?

This at the VERY LEAST deserves a steelbook case. I am not asking for a statue, or a cat helmet. (both of which I own), save those for halo 5.

But give us a Halo 2 esq. collectors edition for The Master Chief Collection.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Guys there is still hope for the LE edition right? Since game like Destiny just announced it 2 months before its release, we might also get it for MCC. Probably during comic-con? lol

ic78oX2pJIjC4.gif

what the fuck

And regarding the Drinol, I've got mixed feelings on it. On one hand, with a few years of fine-tuning it seems like it could be interesting, but it being so huge compared to the other races kind of turned me off. With all of the other factions - even the Prometheans, you could at least use a sense of scale to judge "oh, Grunts are small and weak, Jackals are a little bigger, Elites are slightly better than you," and so on and so forth. Something that outclasses a Knight Battlewagon and even heavy vehicles in size but is still "only" as strong as a berserk Hunter (in the sense that it can smash you, but that's about it) or even a projectile-less Zealot would seem not only dissonant, but a little disappointing. Scale, based on the pre-Xbox build:

Drinol_in_Pre-Xbox_Halo.png

I also feel like having such a huge organic weapon would have mitigated the effectiveness of the Hunters in firefights, and on top of that you would have to develop some huge setpieces to realistically deploy the Drinol in combat. Given how linear most of Halo 2's (non-out-of-the-map) playspaces are, where would it even be sent out? Metropolis? If they did give it projectile options, the only thing I can really see it doing Bungie-era would be firing those dumbass knuckle spikes, and I really don't think Halo needs a Kraid. My major complaint design-wise, not size-wise, is that being such a huge biologically-unprotected target (assuming it lacks shields) on top of the "relatable" pale color scheme and the prominent keratin organic weapons (claws, teeth, etc) are that it seems... really doofy compared to the other races. Like, Halo 2 Brutes were pushing it in the first place, but I can't help but feel that they accomplished certain design feats like the particularly toothy Jackals and the pale, berserker late Bungie-era Brutes in more intuitive fashions. In fact, looking back, the Drinol actually looks like a super-sized humanoid Grunt with a few extra creepy features thrown on, down to the elephant-feet and silhouette. I think part of it was also that Bungie was trying to repurpose as many Marathon assets as they could (in this case the Drinniol or "Hulk") and as a result they fell flat in a couple places.

On the positive side, though, I do like the design of the armor, and a "poison-tipped ivory" indigo / cream look would be a pretty badass faction aesthetic for them to use at some point in the future. It just looks a little too elegant for the Drinol.

i7e6eAbNJ9dA2.png

ElRenoRaven

Guys there is still hope for the LE edition right? Since game like Destiny just announced it 2 months before its release, we might also get it for MCC. Probably during comic-con? lol

Never say never. But considering H1A had nothing in the way of a CE I doubt this will either. I really wish developers would do more making of stuff. Give me a steel book with the game and a long ass content filled making of and I'm in heaven. That's one thing I was sad to see Destiny not have for example in it's CEs.

RoKKeR

I hope there is a small LE edition, something in the $80-$100 range like Destiny.

They could make one beautiful, simple, "Halo" steel book and I would buy that shit in an instant. Something super simplistic with just a Halo ring or other would be so nice.

Havoc2049

This collection is so awesome that they need to bring back an LE edition and a Legendary edition. The classic Master Chief and Arbiter standing back to back in combat would be a cool little statue for the Legendary edition. Do it 343i! :)

RoKKeR

This collection is so awesome that they need to bring back an LE edition and a Legendary edition. The classic Master Chief and Arbiter standing back to back in combat would be a cool little statue for the Legendary edition. Do it 343i! :)
Hopefully we hear something about a special edition at Gamescom.

Nick

Man, I really wish they'd do a new Limited Edition similar to this one.. Mine is in a deplorable state after I moved and forgot it in a box in the attic for a couple months. :(

iFdrpRv.jpg

That actually looks really, really cool.

Ah the H2 steelbook, I actually sold mine about a month after buying it, regreat it and bought the regular version shortly after to resume playing online, which still sort of bugged me with the annoying BR spawn deaths but now i'm ... use to it? I guess.

With this collection coming out I look at my Halo 4 CE and think about how useless it is and was, it sells for £10 on ebay now lol.

Not expecting any kinect integration in MCC but smartglass might happen. Halo 5 should definitely have both. They have said it many times, it will use Xbox One to fullest. And not just graphics wise, but all the feature it offers. It will be interesting to see what they can do.

Please no. use everything its got so split screen and 4 player coachn sessions can still take place. This is a Halo essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom