• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
This compilation reeks of damage control vs Destiny's ample package whereas a simpler focus on Halo 2 would have been sufficient IMO.

The all thing around the campaign being watched/played through the eyes of Halo 5's Agent Locke is nice but not necessary (except for some fancy unified menu) and I can't help but flag it under "343i likes to show off" rather that "343i has great game ideas"...

post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU.gif

Booties

Banned
This compilation reeks of damage control vs Destiny's ample package whereas a simpler focus on Halo 2 would have been sufficient IMO.

The all thing around the campaign being watched/played through the eyes of Halo 5's Agent Locke is nice but not necessary (except for some fancy unified menu) and I can't help but flag it under "343i likes to show off" rather that "343i has great game ideas"...

How is having 1 game better than 4? Not to mention that Halo 3 is already free, CEA is already "polished" so it's not like that was a lot of work to get in there, and Halo 4 is the newest game and requires the least amount of change.

The question is, why wouldn't they do this as opposed a halo 2 rerelease?

Waaghals

Eh. Never really had a problem with Halo 3's FOV.

FOV in H2/H3 was a bit limited for my tastes, but still fully playable. Most console shooters could suffer to have a bit higher FOV across the board.

Unfortunately if the game wasn't designed for higher FOVs then it might break things if it is changed.

Edit: Wait, are we complaining about there being too much content in our HD remasters? Seriously?

Giggzy

Says the compilation is desperation...
But a standalone Halo 2 is sufficient...

There you have it folks. One game is better than four!

RetroStu

Banned

Destiny?, give me a fucking break. I'd take this package over that game and any other game we know about.
Destiny lol

Septic360

Banned

be7.jpg

This is this generations equivalent to the Orange Box but no...you'd me content with paying the same amount of cash for just one game?? WHAT?? WHY?!

888.gif

That's enough GAF for me for today. Good day sir!

They're putting the entire MC story on one console on one disc - all with original features intact - for the price of one game. On top of new bells and whistles that were also added, they're using the opportunity to prelude future entries in the franchise and fine tune its mechanics. Damage control? Perhaps, but a very convenient one from both business and relations perspectives. This is also the best time to win back old fans, introduce new ones to "classic" Halo, and move units before the next title. That makes it one of the smartest - and most necessary - instances of fanservice I've seen in the industry, and it may just change the way all HD collections are done.

I'd agree that more time with H2A for more remastered maps would be a good thing, but it hardly undermines the value of the package. In fact, Halo 2 alone would diminish it.

I also hate getting more for my money. 343 give my money back. I have seen the light.

RetroStu

Banned
Have you noticed how that 'monome' arsehole hasn't been back in this thread since that post?, typical example of 'drive by trolling'. I hope the mods pick up on it.

DN8zQZZ.gif

"ample package" is the new "bosom" being used in speeches.

Have you noticed how that 'monome' arsehole hasn't been back in this thread since that post?, typical example of 'drive by trolling'. I hope the mods pick up on it.

'air quotes'

Chitown B

roflbot-ZfY6_2_.jpg

Eh, it's possible they could be trolling, but it's also entirely possible that monome doesn't see the point. To some people, "four old games" doesn't exactly scream "system seller", and I don't fault them for that.

The fact that it's so popular and widely received though is a testament to not only how well the package was presented, but also how influential the games were (and still are) in the first place.

Chitown B

We are on GAF. Everyone is just talking about 1080p and 60fps. In the end, this is something "nice to have" when playing a game over months. But there is something else nearly no one is talking about here: all multiplayer modes will run on dedicated servers. This is possibly the best feature for the older Halo titles. In the long run, this is something that will really matter.

Especially for Halo, this is a pretty big deal. There alway was this huge host advantage in Halo - no one can deny that. And Big Team Battles often were pretty much unplayable due to lag. Having everything based on dedicated servers now is just awesome. Just imagine 8vs8 Halo 1 Blood Gulch action on a dedicated server! OMG!

And now just imagine if they really do a good leveling system/ranking. Holy ... I really can't wait ...

fucking dawt.

And really, I'd love to still be playing H3 if there was any sort of population, but there isn't. Now that this is coming out AND I can use my shiny new console - I might be playing H3 pretty regularly again.

Silky

Banned

B6JqmvQ.png

And deny me the Halo CE Pistol on dedicated servers, 1080p, running at 60fps??
Wow. Just wow.
You believe this guy?!

-unpuffs chest- Shit almost got real in here.

RetroStu

Banned
Eh, it's possible they could be trolling, but it's also entirely possible that monome doesn't see the point. To some people, "four old games" doesn't exactly scream "system seller", and I don't fault them for that.

The fact that it's so popular and widely received though is a testament to not only how well the package was presented, but also how influential the games were (and still are) in the first place.

He doesn't see the point of easily the best value game package ever put on disk?, 4 of the best FPS campaigns ever, all with improved graphics at 1080p/60fps, the Halo 5 beta, 100 multiplayer maps, multiplayer maps that contain some of the most loved maps ever in FPS history. All for $60.
Even if you hated Halo, you would have to be a fool to not admit what a brilliant package this is.

He doesn't see the point of easily the best value game package ever put on disk?, 4 of the best FPS campaigns ever, all with improved graphics at 1080p/60fps, the Halo 5 beta, 100 multiplayer maps, multiplayer maps that contain some of the most loves maps ever. All for $60.
Even if you hated Halo, you would have to be a fool to not admit what a brilliant package this is.

True. Maybe I was just playing devil's advocate. Really though, the part that confused me the most was the comparison to Destiny. My opinion of that game has picked up considerably lately, but I wouldn't compare it to Halo as far as what each game offers. I do think there are universal [balance] queues in Halo and other similar shooters that the industry should see more of, but they're ultimately two completely different experiences and packages.

what the fuck

77U85fF.gif

FairFight

Banned
He doesn't see the point of easily the best value game package ever put on disk?, 4 of the best FPS campaigns ever, all with improved graphics at 1080p/60fps, the Halo 5 beta, 100 multiplayer maps, multiplayer maps that contain some of the most loved maps ever in FPS history. All for $60.
Yeah this is what's going to get me to buy an Xbox One. The value is incredible and the nostalgia factor is off the charts. Regardless of whether or not this is a Hail Mary by Microsoft I'm sold. They put you and I the gamer ahead of greed and that's something I can get behind.

iLTXgJdJWEy8o.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Seriously? Seriously?

I love Destiny but come the fuck on with that shit. It's not some grand conspiracy. In this case they're doing what the fans want which is giving us all 4 games on one console with their multiplayers intact. It hasn't a damn thing to do with Destiny.

The nerve of some people.

Collection looks awesome, will have to wait till 2015/16 to play it (need a system to play it on first). Hopefully the community is not dead by then.

mcrommert

Banned

wtf.gif

jem0208

This is the most nonsense post I think I have ever read. "They gave us too much, 343 are showing off" haha, oh wow.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just the idea that we'd take on a product of this scale, on the tenth anniversary of the game, to do damage control for a game we're looking forward to, made by our friends is... Surreal.

ElRenoRaven

Just the idea that we'd take on a product of this scale, on the tenth anniversary of the game, to do damage control for a game we're looking forward to, made by our friends is... Surreal.

It really is. I mean I've had my issues with how you guys handled Halo 4. Don't get me wrong but damn an accusation like he made is just beyond insane. No company in their right mind would go oh this other company who used to make our series is making a new game. Quick throw out a compilation of all their old games to combat that.

RetroStu

Banned

Just ignore him, this forum is littered with fanboy warz shite. You would have to be a rival fanboy to say anything against this package, even if you hated Halo.

So OXM posted that a Microsoft rep told them that all Halo 1 PC maps would be in the Anniversary pack, Infinity included.

But Frankie has previously said otherwise.

Update - I'm seeing disagreement online about whether maps for the PC versions of Halo 2 and CE will make the cut. 343's Frank O'Connor has told us that they will. "We've actually added a bunch of maps that were never available on the console versions from the PC versions, so they're in there now." We're seeking clarification, though.

Update 2 - A Microsoft spokesperson has told OXM that all maps from the PC versions of Halo 2 and CE are, indeed, included.

WHY ARE YOU PLAYING WITH MY HEART?

wwm0nkey

Sadly there will always be those people, what you guys are doing with this is awesome, I don't think any sane person can really complain about this package.

Roche

You know despite how silly it is, I would think it must be at least a little entertaining to see people make up a dramatic conspiracy behind your every action.

Pretty sure 343 is run by aliens guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom