• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Speaking of the 6 remade maps, I got an updated build at my desk the other day. I'm amazed at the progress, they look so damn good.

/tease

LNBL

I'm pretty much the opposite.

MC Collection feels like a pot-pourri where only Halo2A campaign and its 6 reworked MP maps are worth considering.

Playing rezzed-up versions of either Halo campaigns or maps when Bungie's new game offers co-op, MP, campaign in one modern package is a no-no.

I'm seriously flabbergasted no-one speaks of how deserted the playlists will be...

It releases after COD, after Battlefield, after Destiny, after Sunset Overdrive, after Assassin's Creed, all big games, all with major online play incentives...

I'm still happy I'll play vanilla Halo2 with reworked textures, but this collection is as much damage control (vs Destiny especially and after the repeat failure of Halo MP being the King) as it is a clebration of the X1 being Halo's home.

Lol you are back again? I thought your post being chosen as one GAF's worst would keep you away for some while.

TURF. I MISSED YOU

lOb3nMyl.jpg

one of my favourite things about Halo 2 was the asymmetrical maps for the objective game type like 1 Flag and Assault. I loved Ivory Tower, Burial Mounds, Coagulation, Turf, and the one with the train (forgot the name haha) for those objective game types. I haven't enjoyed playing objective game types as much in other FPS games since.

oh, and I REALLY hope proximity mic is back for Halo 2. It was so fun being able to hear what your enemies are plotting while sneaking up on them. another touch that I loved was when your teammates mics would cut out with a death sound when they died in the game. I guess party chat will kill this feature, but hey, it's worth an ask. one of my favourite Halo 2 memories was when a guy on the other team was beatboxing and I always knew when he was coming because you would slowly hear beatboxing getting louder and louder haha. I just remember in the post-game summary the whole other team was yelling at him.

I have $300 in amazon credit, so ready. Nov 11 hurry ups.

Should just just get one now. There's a lot of great stuff to play right now. Unless you're waiting for that oft-rumored white one to hit (I wouldn't blame you for waiting for that).

So wait. Only 6 Halo 2 maps will be graphically updated?

6 Halo 2 maps and the entire Halo 2 campaign are getting re-worked assets. But, all games will be in 1080p/60fps, which many may consider a graphical upgrade by itself (with all the res discussion around here lately, this should be a big win for a lot of people).

My first response was how happy I was to finally use my system with this collection. I skipped out on the 360 so I am happy to finally get to play the games.

Then I realized I only have two weeks with Sunset Overdrive which was one of my biggest drives to own the system. October and November are pretty stacked this year with games I'm interested in. I really wish this could come up this summer during the mild drought.

Interested in trying out District, a map kind of like it which was only on the Halo 2 PC release until now

Looks straight out of that mission where you fight Hunters. I never played any of the Halo 2 PC maps.

Best part about this collection is that if the Halo 5 multiplayer sucks, we all have something to fall back on!

The mausoleum of the Arbiter section when the Elites take on the Brutes in 2 was always a favourite for me as a kid, can't wait to see it in anniversary.

Will anyone really even touch 4 lol

Doffen

Looks straight out of that mission where you fight Hunters. I never played any of the Halo 2 PC maps.

Best part about this collection is that if the Halo 5 multiplayer sucks, we all have something to fall back on!

The best part is that now people will have a chance to tell them it sucks before the game is released.

The mausoleum of the Arbiter section when the Elites take on the Brutes in 2 was always a favourite for me as a kid, can't wait to see it in anniversary.

I will, especially Campaign, which I enjoyed quite a bit. MP isn't terrible, but its def the weakest of the Halos, still better than quite a bit out there these days imo.

I will, especially Campaign, which I enjoyed quite a bit. MP isn't terrible, but its def the weakest of the Halos, still better than quite a bit out there these days imo.
I honestly dont see the population of 4 been any higher than 5-10% of the total population on peak days.
I'll play campaign just to finish it on the collection, haven't touched it since launch I do believe.

RoKKeR

Anybody else sort of surprised at the lack of gameplay we've gotten from this? It's out in not too long, you think they would have let out a bit more at E3. Sort of bummed because I really want to see Halo 3!

Anybody else sort of surprised at the lack of gameplay we've gotten from this? It's out in not too long, you think they would have let out a bit more at E3. Sort of bummed because I really want to see Halo 3!

I think they held back the others on purpose and Halo 2 was the focus.

Interested in trying out District, a map kind of like it which was only on the Halo 2 PC release until now

For good measure, here is a shot of the other PC exclusive Halo 2 map, Uplift.
They always looked cool
sadly the play like hot shit and the parts you don't see are awful

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Speaking of the 6 remade maps, I got an updated build at my desk the other day. I'm amazed at the progress, they look so damn good.

/tease

probably way late but congrats on the position!

Madness

I asked in the Halo thread too, frank/tashi, are there plans to overhaul the site for stats collection? Plus how will they differentiate between generations? Also please remove sign-in requirement to look up stats please.

Solidsoul

Banned

I personally loved Halo 4, the worst one for me was Halo 3. The campaign for 4 was phenomenal, why does no one give 343 the credit?

So good.

Wubbys

I hope there is a grab bag multiplayer hopper where the lobby can vote on randomly selected options spanning from ce-4. Like one game you play pit flag in Halo 3 and the next game your playing slayer on hang em high from ce.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
You know this game should be released on 11/7. Missed opportunity.

Although its not too late.

its not a missed opportunity, they are aware of it and already said it that 11/7 is a Friday and game releases on Tuesday. So its the first Tuesday after the 11/7.

I personally loved Halo 4, the worst one for me was Halo 3. The campaign for 4 was phenomenal, why does no one give 343 the credit?

So good.
Just one of those things that comes down to personal preference.

But you know something is wrong when a huge majority of the community outright declares they hate the game and the direction it's going in, also the MP population drop off speaks for itself.

The people want Halo, 4 was something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom